randompersonrandom said:
Alikron13 said:
Not sure if this is an appropriate thing to ask — if it isn’t, I’ve got no issue with whichever mod looks at it simply removing the post. That said, since this thread seems to have a decent amount of newer users asking questions, I thought it was worth trying:
Does anyone know when DMs become available? Or am I just too dense to work out how to unlock them... LOL I realize that may sound like an odd thing to ask, but I’d really like to get into a testing group, and from what I can tell that means DMs have to be sent, so I thought I’d ask. I’m fine with waiting patiently — I just wanted to find out whether I was missing something, and I didn’t want to spend way too long waiting before asking about something I could have taken care of if I only had the brain cells to figure it out
Mara_aa said:
Alikron13 said:
Not sure if this is an appropriate thing to ask — if it isn’t, I’ve got no issue with whichever mod looks at it simply removing the post. That said, since this thread seems to have a decent amount of newer users asking questions, I thought it was worth trying:
Does anyone know when DMs become available? Or am I just too dense to work out how to unlock them... LOL I realize that may sound like an odd thing to ask, but I’d really like to get into a testing group, and from what I can tell that means DMs have to be sent, so I thought I’d ask. I’m fine with waiting patiently — I just wanted to find out whether I was missing something, and I didn’t want to spend way too long waiting before asking about something I could have taken care of if I only had the brain cells to figure it out
With respect, may I add my own name to this ask. Taking part in a rigorous group test, and doing it the right way, is something I would sincerely value. The messaging limits are clear to me and I accept them, yet when private contact isn’t an option, cases like this become hard to handle. Should there be any room for that to be looked at, I would be very grateful. Thanks for everything you put into moderating this community.
So the people running this place intentionally keep those details private, and there's a solid rationale behind it. Suppose you were running a scam, shilling for someone, acting as a fanboy, or filling that "social media manager" role Finricks was putting out an ad for — and suppose it were simple to figure out "Oh, alright, so it's elapsed time since signup, multiplied by post count, divided by likes received, with "wow" reactions subtracting five, plus 3 per reply-to" — then gaming the system would be trivially fast. You could pay lip service to the requirements just long enough to unlock DM-ing every person you spot leaving a foolish or naive comment, and then cash in.
If instead you simply keep posting, hand out likes when something genuinely deserves one to you, and contribute remarks interesting enough to earn the occasional like, the wait isn't that long. And chances are you're better off not purchasing peps during that stretch regardless, since you probably don't yet have a full picture of all the fuckery in this sphere — meaning you'd just end up scammed, charged way too much, or handed garbage product either way.