Nimbot guidance sought

Whiynot20026

Explorer
Joined
May 8, 2026
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
Wifey is interested in buying a Nimbot. Any Nimbot experts here who can recommend which model to choose, plus what label dimensions work for 3ML and 5 ML vials.

Thank you,

Bill
 
M2 was previously the best option. For vial labels I used 40x20, and for vial tops, 28x14 round. Now I pretty much need the d11 for vial tops, since they no longer produce the 28x14 round labels for m2, and the m2
 
My M2 is great, though it bothers me that the 28x14 rounds designed for vial tops are no longer included. As mentioned earlier, 40x20 works for 3ml, and for a bigger label on the 5ml, they have 50x30 available.
 
Whiynot20026 said:

Is there a lower-cost model that can produce labels for vials? I don’t need anything for vial tops.

Bill
Amazon has the D110 discounted to $16, and that comes with 1 roll of labels. I own one. For simple labels and personal use, it performs really well. Attached is a screenshot showing my label library.
 
If your only goal is printing simple labels, the D11 works well and offers 300dpi. If you're after more advanced features, you'd want to check out the B and M series. In my view, those are excessive just for putting labels on vials and pens, unless you're looking to make a hobby out of it.
 
You absolute fuckers. For an entire year I managed to avoid buying a niimbot — one I have zero need for, since I'm on my own and my thermoses are already labeled just fine. Then you got me on an evening when I was worn out and mildly bored, and now one is arriving on friday.
 
randompersonrandom said:

You absolute fuckers. For an entire year I managed to avoid buying a niimbot — one I have zero need for, since I'm on my own and my thermoses are already labeled just fine. Then you got me on an evening when I was worn out and mildly bored, and now one is arriving on friday.
Giving in is pointless. While you're feeling vulnerable, add those 5ML syringes and filters to your cart as well.

Bill
 
Whiynot20026 said:

randompersonrandom said:

You absolute fuckers. For an entire year I managed to avoid buying a niimbot — one I have zero need for, since I'm on my own and my thermoses are already labeled just fine. Then you got me on an evening when I was worn out and mildly bored, and now one is arriving on friday.
Giving in is pointless. While you're feeling vulnerable, add those 5ML syringes and filters to your cart as well.

Bill
I just spent 285 on an adamax kit, even though I told myself no more messing with "new" peps I don't need — my spending spree is finished
 
randompersonrandom said:

You absolute fuckers. For an entire year I managed to avoid buying a niimbot — one I have zero need for, since I'm on my own and my thermoses are already labeled just fine. Then you got me on an evening when I was worn out and mildly bored, and now one is arriving on friday.

Hate to be a downer, but check this out:

NIIMBOT D110 Bluetooth Label Maker with Tape Portable Thermal Label Printer​#-niimbot-d110-bluetooth-label-maker-with-tape-portable-thermal-label-printera0199a4c71c8876c6ae976e2308ed9f9f4f9512c611a6d95187736fd2ce90c81.jpg

NIIMBOT-Official-Store

(784)

98.7% positive

Seller's other itemsSeller's other items

Message

US $8.99 EBAY, brand new, free shipping. Almost got me too—I can't resist a bargain.
 
randompersonrandom said:

You absolute fuckers. For an entire year I managed to avoid buying a niimbot — one I have zero need for, since I'm on my own and my thermoses are already labeled just fine. Then you got me on an evening when I was worn out and mildly bored, and now one is arriving on friday.
I own a Nelko P21 as well as a D110, the latter purchased after reading Niimbot discussions. Vial labels get printed on the Nelko, while the Niimbot handles round vial caps. The round white caps had to be ordered straight from Niimbot.
 
randompersonrandom said:

You absolute fuckers. For an entire year I managed to avoid buying a niimbot — one I have zero need for, since I'm on my own and my thermoses are already labeled just fine. Then you got me on an evening when I was worn out and mildly bored, and now one is arriving on friday.
From the looks of it, a Cat lives with you. So you're not on your own. Lol
 
I noticed Amazon has a fresh coupon going for the Niimbot D110 (no idea whether this ties into "Prime Day" or if it's one of those rolling deals where the promo code keeps getting swapped out)

That one works fine for printing the round caps, and truthfully, even if it isn't the 20mm tall labels. You can push it up to 14mm or 15mm - the 12mm x 40mm labels included with the unit are perfectly decent as is - you're still able to produce fairly attractive labels for 3mm vials.

Promo code: O4HPQ6X6


https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0D1CBDFP3/
 
HARLEYV2 said:

randompersonrandom said:

You absolute fuckers. For an entire year I managed to avoid buying a niimbot — one I have zero need for, since I'm on my own and my thermoses are already labeled just fine. Then you got me on an evening when I was worn out and mildly bored, and now one is arriving on friday.
From the looks of it, a Cat lives with you. So you're not on your own. Lol
Sure, but should either of the cats wind up in the chest freezer where I keep my peptides, we’d be dealing with far more serious issues by then.
 
Whiynot20026 said:

Wifey is interested in buying a Nimbot. Any Nimbot experts here who can recommend which model to choose, plus what label dimensions work for 3ML and 5 ML vials.

Thank you,

Bill
I've seen mentions of folks purchasing specialized printers and such, but you can just get Avery labels. They're available in 8.5”*11” sheets that work with a standard printer. After that, you can use their software to create your label designs and print them using a printer you already have. My initial attempt, nothing elaborate.

https://www.avery.ca/88508-94204-gl...IihLmXHik8TthE2CcjSFuPdxGgb8FkPsaAjMfEALw_wcB

skeptick said:

randompersonrandom said:

You absolute fuckers. For an entire year I managed to avoid buying a niimbot — one I have zero need for, since I'm on my own and my thermoses are already labeled just fine. Then you got me on an evening when I was worn out and mildly bored, and now one is arriving on friday.

Hate to be a downer, but check this out:

NIIMBOT D110 Bluetooth Label Maker with Tape Portable Thermal Label Printer​#-niimbot-d110-bluetooth-label-maker-with-tape-portable-thermal-label-printerView attachment 10265

NIIMBOT-Official-Store

(784)

98.7% positive

Seller's other itemsSeller's other items

Message

US $8.99 EBAY, brand new, free shipping. Almost got me too—I can't resist a bargain.

skeptick said:

randompersonrandom said:

You absolute fuckers. For an entire year I managed to avoid buying a niimbot — one I have zero need for, since I'm on my own and my thermoses are already labeled just fine. Then you got me on an evening when I was worn out and mildly bored, and now one is arriving on friday.

Hate to be a downer, but check this out:

NIIMBOT D110 Bluetooth Label Maker with Tape Portable Thermal Label Printer​#-niimbot-d110-bluetooth-label-maker-with-tape-portable-thermal-label-printerView attachment 10265

NIIMBOT-Official-Store

(784)

98.7% positive

Seller's other itemsSeller's other items

Message

US $8.99 EBAY, brand new, free shipping. Almost got me too—I can't resist a bargain.
 

Attachments

  • a0199a4c71c8876c6ae976e2308ed9f9f4f9512c611a6d95187736fd2ce90c81.jpg
    a0199a4c71c8876c6ae976e2308ed9f9f4f9512c611a6d95187736fd2ce90c81.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 3
laansasa said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Is there a lower-cost model that can produce labels for vials? I don’t need anything for vial tops.

Bill
Amazon has the D110 discounted to $16, and that comes with 1 roll of labels. I own one. For simple labels and personal use, it performs really well. Attached is a screenshot showing my label library.

This did the job well for me. Then I got the idea to upgrade, so I spent an extra $75 on a Niimbot, just so my labels could be 8mm larger.
 
IronCircuit said:

laansasa said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Is there a lower-cost model that can produce labels for vials? I don’t need anything for vial tops.

Bill
Amazon has the D110 discounted to $16, and that comes with 1 roll of labels. I own one. For simple labels and personal use, it performs really well. Attached is a screenshot showing my label library.

This did the job well for me. Then I got the idea to upgrade, so I spent an extra $75 on a Niimbot, just so my labels could be 8mm larger.
What are your impressions up to this point? I picked up the inexpensive one simply to have a device on hand...though an upgrade could happen down the road. Stationery is something I enjoy broadly, and the higher-end models would work well for additional projects.
 
Rdg1970 said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Wifey is interested in buying a Nimbot. Any Nimbot experts here who can recommend which model to choose, plus what label dimensions work for 3ML and 5 ML vials.

Thank you,

Bill
I've seen mentions of folks purchasing specialized printers and such, but you can just get Avery labels. They're available in 8.5”*11” sheets that work with a standard printer. After that, you can use their software to create your label designs and print them using a printer you already have. My initial attempt, nothing elaborate.

https://www.avery.ca/88508-94204-gl...IihLmXHik8TthE2CcjSFuPdxGgb8FkPsaAjMfEALw_wcB

skeptick said:

randompersonrandom said:

You absolute fuckers. For an entire year I managed to avoid buying a niimbot — one I have zero need for, since I'm on my own and my thermoses are already labeled just fine. Then you got me on an evening when I was worn out and mildly bored, and now one is arriving on friday.

Hate to be a downer, but check this out:

NIIMBOT D110 Bluetooth Label Maker with Tape Portable Thermal Label Printer​#-niimbot-d110-bluetooth-label-maker-with-tape-portable-thermal-label-printerView attachment 10265

NIIMBOT-Official-Store

(784)

98.7% positive

Seller's other itemsSeller's other items

Message

US $8.99 EBAY, brand new, free shipping. Almost got me too—I can't resist a bargain.

skeptick said:

randompersonrandom said:

You absolute fuckers. For an entire year I managed to avoid buying a niimbot — one I have zero need for, since I'm on my own and my thermoses are already labeled just fine. Then you got me on an evening when I was worn out and mildly bored, and now one is arriving on friday.

Hate to be a downer, but check this out:

NIIMBOT D110 Bluetooth Label Maker with Tape Portable Thermal Label Printer​#-niimbot-d110-bluetooth-label-maker-with-tape-portable-thermal-label-printerView attachment 10265

NIIMBOT-Official-Store

(784)

98.7% positive

Seller's other itemsSeller's other items

Message

US $8.99 EBAY, brand new, free shipping. Almost got me too—I can't resist a bargain.

Since I have an HP inkjet printer, I figured I'd give this approach a shot. After printing the labels, though, the ink came off with just a swipe.
 
Back
Top