Skidude said:
islandtime50 said:
Alright, the package arrived, the reconstitution went off without a hitch, a few things went down (no disasters), and I was less ready than I'd have preferred.
1. Needles – I've got .5 mg 31G and 1mg luers paired with 25G. For the recon step I drew with the 1mg luer 3 times (not great — 3mg syringes are the direction I'll head) and then, trying to pinch pennies, attempted to inject with that same needle. Go ahead and have a belly laugh at my expense; that needle was so clogged I could have ridden it bare-assed to town and back without a scratch. Luckily it's a luer, so I swapped on another 25G and it went in so smoothly compared to test.
My wife grabbed one of the 31G for her shot and bent it! That caught me off guard, and it looked quite dull, like she really had to force it in. I'm not sure how I feel about those tiny pins. I don't think she's keen on the 25G needles, though. She bled more than I did and ended up with a lump for a bit. With test I've never had that, and with tirz using the bigger needle I didn't either. Worth thinking about.
So if this is your first time, buy larger syringes for recon, don't skimp on needles, and be cautious with the small pins.
2. Reconstitution – is there a split in how people do this? Does everyone simply freeze the lyophilized vials, or do some reconstitute several vials at once to use up the Bac water? I picked up Tirz 15 and we're beginning low at .5mg weekly, which works out to a 15 week supply (though I do figure we'll titrate up — maybe we'll both turn out to be super responders ...). Since it's tirz, my understanding is I could reconstitute several and freeze them regardless. BAC isn't expensive, but honestly it's still a hassle to source and I'd rather not waste it. Definitely leaning toward 10mg vials rather than 30s.
3. Storage – is anyone else just tossing the little plastic box into a Tupperware and then into the deep freeze? That's what I'm doing right now, though maybe I should step it up. The current vial is in the same situation but sitting in the refrigerator.
4. Venting / general recon amusement – I already covered the 1mg syringe and turning the vial/full needle into swiss cheese. Besides the bigger syringe, I'm considering longer needles for recon and spare vials for transfer/dilution of stronger doses. Is that what everyone does, or do some just make more purchases at lower concentrations — T15 vs T60 or even T100?
And vial pressure ... I vented once and the pressure was fine for recon. But there was a lot of vacuum again when drawing for injections. I was aware of this, but I suppose it was more than I anticipated.
I should mention too that this started as just my own project, and then my wife not-so-casually hopped on as the supplies came in. Seems obvious, but I did what I considered reasonable research and had a plan, yet it's shifted somewhat. Glad I went with a kit instead of a single vial (not that I even entertained it, but depending on titrating up it might not have lasted long).
If anyone has observations or advice, I'm all eyes!
mg and ml are not the same thing, you're mixing them up
islandtime50 said:
Alright, the package arrived, the reconstitution went off without a hitch, a few things went down (no disasters), and I was less ready than I'd have preferred.
1. Needles – I've got .5 mg 31G and 1mg luers paired with 25G. For the recon step I drew with the 1mg luer 3 times (not great — 3mg syringes are the direction I'll head) and then, trying to pinch pennies, attempted to inject with that same needle. Go ahead and have a belly laugh at my expense; that needle was so clogged I could have ridden it bare-assed to town and back without a scratch. Luckily it's a luer, so I swapped on another 25G and it went in so smoothly compared to test.
My wife grabbed one of the 31G for her shot and bent it! That caught me off guard, and it looked quite dull, like she really had to force it in. I'm not sure how I feel about those tiny pins. I don't think she's keen on the 25G needles, though. She bled more than I did and ended up with a lump for a bit. With test I've never had that, and with tirz using the bigger needle I didn't either. Worth thinking about.
So if this is your first time, buy larger syringes for recon, don't skimp on needles, and be cautious with the small pins.
2. Reconstitution – is there a split in how people do this? Does everyone simply freeze the lyophilized vials, or do some reconstitute several vials at once to use up the Bac water? I picked up Tirz 15 and we're beginning low at .5mg weekly, which works out to a 15 week supply (though I do figure we'll titrate up — maybe we'll both turn out to be super responders ...). Since it's tirz, my understanding is I could reconstitute several and freeze them regardless. BAC isn't expensive, but honestly it's still a hassle to source and I'd rather not waste it. Definitely leaning toward 10mg vials rather than 30s.
3. Storage – is anyone else just tossing the little plastic box into a Tupperware and then into the deep freeze? That's what I'm doing right now, though maybe I should step it up. The current vial is in the same situation but sitting in the refrigerator.
4. Venting / general recon amusement – I already covered the 1mg syringe and turning the vial/full needle into swiss cheese. Besides the bigger syringe, I'm considering longer needles for recon and spare vials for transfer/dilution of stronger doses. Is that what everyone does, or do some just make more purchases at lower concentrations — T15 vs T60 or even T100?
And vial pressure ... I vented once and the pressure was fine for recon. But there was a lot of vacuum again when drawing for injections. I was aware of this, but I suppose it was more than I anticipated.
I should mention too that this started as just my own project, and then my wife not-so-casually hopped on as the supplies came in. Seems obvious, but I did what I considered reasonable research and had a plan, yet it's shifted somewhat. Glad I went with a kit instead of a single vial (not that I even entertained it, but depending on titrating up it might not have lasted long).
If anyone has observations or advice, I'm all eyes!
31g has been my go-to for close to 2 years, inject more slowly, aim for the fat near the belly, in and out fast.
if the needle bends when you poke the vial, go straight down through the middle.
islandtime50 said:
Alright, the package arrived, the reconstitution went off without a hitch, a few things went down (no disasters), and I was less ready than I'd have preferred.
1. Needles – I've got .5 mg 31G and 1mg luers paired with 25G. For the recon step I drew with the 1mg luer 3 times (not great — 3mg syringes are the direction I'll head) and then, trying to pinch pennies, attempted to inject with that same needle. Go ahead and have a belly laugh at my expense; that needle was so clogged I could have ridden it bare-assed to town and back without a scratch. Luckily it's a luer, so I swapped on another 25G and it went in so smoothly compared to test.
My wife grabbed one of the 31G for her shot and bent it! That caught me off guard, and it looked quite dull, like she really had to force it in. I'm not sure how I feel about those tiny pins. I don't think she's keen on the 25G needles, though. She bled more than I did and ended up with a lump for a bit. With test I've never had that, and with tirz using the bigger needle I didn't either. Worth thinking about.
So if this is your first time, buy larger syringes for recon, don't skimp on needles, and be cautious with the small pins.
2. Reconstitution – is there a split in how people do this? Does everyone simply freeze the lyophilized vials, or do some reconstitute several vials at once to use up the Bac water? I picked up Tirz 15 and we're beginning low at .5mg weekly, which works out to a 15 week supply (though I do figure we'll titrate up — maybe we'll both turn out to be super responders ...). Since it's tirz, my understanding is I could reconstitute several and freeze them regardless. BAC isn't expensive, but honestly it's still a hassle to source and I'd rather not waste it. Definitely leaning toward 10mg vials rather than 30s.
3. Storage – is anyone else just tossing the little plastic box into a Tupperware and then into the deep freeze? That's what I'm doing right now, though maybe I should step it up. The current vial is in the same situation but sitting in the refrigerator.
4. Venting / general recon amusement – I already covered the 1mg syringe and turning the vial/full needle into swiss cheese. Besides the bigger syringe, I'm considering longer needles for recon and spare vials for transfer/dilution of stronger doses. Is that what everyone does, or do some just make more purchases at lower concentrations — T15 vs T60 or even T100?
And vial pressure ... I vented once and the pressure was fine for recon. But there was a lot of vacuum again when drawing for injections. I was aware of this, but I suppose it was more than I anticipated.
I should mention too that this started as just my own project, and then my wife not-so-casually hopped on as the supplies came in. Seems obvious, but I did what I considered reasonable research and had a plan, yet it's shifted somewhat. Glad I went with a kit instead of a single vial (not that I even entertained it, but depending on titrating up it might not have lasted long).
If anyone has observations or advice, I'm all eyes!
blood shouldn't appear at all. are you working with 31g 8mm? is the fat around your belly where you're injecting? is the needle going in at a 45 degree angle?
a tiny capillary might get nicked once in a while, but that's rare, under 1% of the time, and only a drop.
islandtime50 said:
Alright, the package arrived, the reconstitution went off without a hitch, a few things went down (no disasters), and I was less ready than I'd have preferred.
1. Needles – I've got .5 mg 31G and 1mg luers paired with 25G. For the recon step I drew with the 1mg luer 3 times (not great — 3mg syringes are the direction I'll head) and then, trying to pinch pennies, attempted to inject with that same needle. Go ahead and have a belly laugh at my expense; that needle was so clogged I could have ridden it bare-assed to town and back without a scratch. Luckily it's a luer, so I swapped on another 25G and it went in so smoothly compared to test.
My wife grabbed one of the 31G for her shot and bent it! That caught me off guard, and it looked quite dull, like she really had to force it in. I'm not sure how I feel about those tiny pins. I don't think she's keen on the 25G needles, though. She bled more than I did and ended up with a lump for a bit. With test I've never had that, and with tirz using the bigger needle I didn't either. Worth thinking about.
So if this is your first time, buy larger syringes for recon, don't skimp on needles, and be cautious with the small pins.
2. Reconstitution – is there a split in how people do this? Does everyone simply freeze the lyophilized vials, or do some reconstitute several vials at once to use up the Bac water? I picked up Tirz 15 and we're beginning low at .5mg weekly, which works out to a 15 week supply (though I do figure we'll titrate up — maybe we'll both turn out to be super responders ...). Since it's tirz, my understanding is I could reconstitute several and freeze them regardless. BAC isn't expensive, but honestly it's still a hassle to source and I'd rather not waste it. Definitely leaning toward 10mg vials rather than 30s.
3. Storage – is anyone else just tossing the little plastic box into a Tupperware and then into the deep freeze? That's what I'm doing right now, though maybe I should step it up. The current vial is in the same situation but sitting in the refrigerator.
4. Venting / general recon amusement – I already covered the 1mg syringe and turning the vial/full needle into swiss cheese. Besides the bigger syringe, I'm considering longer needles for recon and spare vials for transfer/dilution of stronger doses. Is that what everyone does, or do some just make more purchases at lower concentrations — T15 vs T60 or even T100?
And vial pressure ... I vented once and the pressure was fine for recon. But there was a lot of vacuum again when drawing for injections. I was aware of this, but I suppose it was more than I anticipated.
I should mention too that this started as just my own project, and then my wife not-so-casually hopped on as the supplies came in. Seems obvious, but I did what I considered reasonable research and had a plan, yet it's shifted somewhat. Glad I went with a kit instead of a single vial (not that I even entertained it, but depending on titrating up it might not have lasted long).
If anyone has observations or advice, I'm all eyes!
99% of the people freeze powdered refrigerate liquid after recon. BAC water will last for months in a cool dark place as long as you sterile each time before and after
that's plenty for now, my advice is to put in some reading time, think of it as the cost of getting meds cheaply...
islandtime50 said:
Alright, the package arrived, the reconstitution went off without a hitch, a few things went down (no disasters), and I was less ready than I'd have preferred.
1. Needles – I've got .5 mg 31G and 1mg luers paired with 25G. For the recon step I drew with the 1mg luer 3 times (not great — 3mg syringes are the direction I'll head) and then, trying to pinch pennies, attempted to inject with that same needle. Go ahead and have a belly laugh at my expense; that needle was so clogged I could have ridden it bare-assed to town and back without a scratch. Luckily it's a luer, so I swapped on another 25G and it went in so smoothly compared to test.
My wife grabbed one of the 31G for her shot and bent it! That caught me off guard, and it looked quite dull, like she really had to force it in. I'm not sure how I feel about those tiny pins. I don't think she's keen on the 25G needles, though. She bled more than I did and ended up with a lump for a bit. With test I've never had that, and with tirz using the bigger needle I didn't either. Worth thinking about.
So if this is your first time, buy larger syringes for recon, don't skimp on needles, and be cautious with the small pins.
2. Reconstitution – is there a split in how people do this? Does everyone simply freeze the lyophilized vials, or do some reconstitute several vials at once to use up the Bac water? I picked up Tirz 15 and we're beginning low at .5mg weekly, which works out to a 15 week supply (though I do figure we'll titrate up — maybe we'll both turn out to be super responders ...). Since it's tirz, my understanding is I could reconstitute several and freeze them regardless. BAC isn't expensive, but honestly it's still a hassle to source and I'd rather not waste it. Definitely leaning toward 10mg vials rather than 30s.
3. Storage – is anyone else just tossing the little plastic box into a Tupperware and then into the deep freeze? That's what I'm doing right now, though maybe I should step it up. The current vial is in the same situation but sitting in the refrigerator.
4. Venting / general recon amusement – I already covered the 1mg syringe and turning the vial/full needle into swiss cheese. Besides the bigger syringe, I'm considering longer needles for recon and spare vials for transfer/dilution of stronger doses. Is that what everyone does, or do some just make more purchases at lower concentrations — T15 vs T60 or even T100?
And vial pressure ... I vented once and the pressure was fine for recon. But there was a lot of vacuum again when drawing for injections. I was aware of this, but I suppose it was more than I anticipated.
I should mention too that this started as just my own project, and then my wife not-so-casually hopped on as the supplies came in. Seems obvious, but I did what I considered reasonable research and had a plan, yet it's shifted somewhat. Glad I went with a kit instead of a single vial (not that I even entertained it, but depending on titrating up it might not have lasted long).
If anyone has observations or advice, I'm all eyes!
don't throw it away, handled properly it'll keep for quite a while, mine lasts months and that's true for most people
islandtime50 said:
Alright, the package arrived, the reconstitution went off without a hitch, a few things went down (no disasters), and I was less ready than I'd have preferred.
1. Needles – I've got .5 mg 31G and 1mg luers paired with 25G. For the recon step I drew with the 1mg luer 3 times (not great — 3mg syringes are the direction I'll head) and then, trying to pinch pennies, attempted to inject with that same needle. Go ahead and have a belly laugh at my expense; that needle was so clogged I could have ridden it bare-assed to town and back without a scratch. Luckily it's a luer, so I swapped on another 25G and it went in so smoothly compared to test.
My wife grabbed one of the 31G for her shot and bent it! That caught me off guard, and it looked quite dull, like she really had to force it in. I'm not sure how I feel about those tiny pins. I don't think she's keen on the 25G needles, though. She bled more than I did and ended up with a lump for a bit. With test I've never had that, and with tirz using the bigger needle I didn't either. Worth thinking about.
So if this is your first time, buy larger syringes for recon, don't skimp on needles, and be cautious with the small pins.
2. Reconstitution – is there a split in how people do this? Does everyone simply freeze the lyophilized vials, or do some reconstitute several vials at once to use up the Bac water? I picked up Tirz 15 and we're beginning low at .5mg weekly, which works out to a 15 week supply (though I do figure we'll titrate up — maybe we'll both turn out to be super responders ...). Since it's tirz, my understanding is I could reconstitute several and freeze them regardless. BAC isn't expensive, but honestly it's still a hassle to source and I'd rather not waste it. Definitely leaning toward 10mg vials rather than 30s.
3. Storage – is anyone else just tossing the little plastic box into a Tupperware and then into the deep freeze? That's what I'm doing right now, though maybe I should step it up. The current vial is in the same situation but sitting in the refrigerator.
4. Venting / general recon amusement – I already covered the 1mg syringe and turning the vial/full needle into swiss cheese. Besides the bigger syringe, I'm considering longer needles for recon and spare vials for transfer/dilution of stronger doses. Is that what everyone does, or do some just make more purchases at lower concentrations — T15 vs T60 or even T100?
And vial pressure ... I vented once and the pressure was fine for recon. But there was a lot of vacuum again when drawing for injections. I was aware of this, but I suppose it was more than I anticipated.
I should mention too that this started as just my own project, and then my wife not-so-casually hopped on as the supplies came in. Seems obvious, but I did what I considered reasonable research and had a plan, yet it's shifted somewhat. Glad I went with a kit instead of a single vial (not that I even entertained it, but depending on titrating up it might not have lasted long).
If anyone has observations or advice, I'm all eyes!
Pharma, trials, compound, and 99% of individuals start Tirz at 2.5mg