I've been putting off getting an epi-pen for a long time and have kept forgetting to do it, but this week there was a thread on Peppy's about someone who went into stage 3 anaphylaxis shock after injecting some tirzepatide. I really don't want to relay the particulars, but will say that the person involved is okay. He got to the hospital and is recovering, but it really put the fuel under my butt this time.
Well, in that thread, there is a link to a way to obtain Neffy virtually. I think that this is "sponsored" by the drug manufacturer. But is was so simple and involved no money or meeting with anyone online that I thought I would share here:
neffy® (epinephrine nasal spray)
getneffy.com
There some simple questions, you then get "referred" to a prescriber, and then they transfer the Rx to your pharmacy. If you have insurance, it will generally cover the cost. My co-pay is zero with a savings card the pharmacy applied. As far as the timeline, it looked like this:
8/31 9:31 pm submitted form on Neffy’s website
9/2 9:00 am Rx ready at CVS
Well, in that thread, there is a link to a way to obtain Neffy virtually. I think that this is "sponsored" by the drug manufacturer. But is was so simple and involved no money or meeting with anyone online that I thought I would share here:
neffy® (epinephrine nasal spray)
getneffy.com
There some simple questions, you then get "referred" to a prescriber, and then they transfer the Rx to your pharmacy. If you have insurance, it will generally cover the cost. My co-pay is zero with a savings card the pharmacy applied. As far as the timeline, it looked like this:
8/31 9:31 pm submitted form on Neffy’s website
9/2 9:00 am Rx ready at CVS