Needle gauge for weekly versus daily injections

Hello beutiful

Explorer
Joined
Apr 16, 2026
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Uk
Thinking about switching to a pen for every-day shots, but if I only inject once per week and I'm somewhat afraid of needles, what size fixed needle do you all use? Thanks
 
Hello beutiful said:

Thinking about switching to a pen for every-day shots, but if I only inject once per week and I'm somewhat afraid of needles, what size fixed needle do you all use? Thanks
G31 and G32 are the sizes you'll see most often. Lengths run from 4 to 8 mm. Any of them is perfectly okay.
 
Hello beutiful said:

Thinking about switching to a pen for every-day shots, but if I only inject once per week and I'm somewhat afraid of needles, what size fixed needle do you all use? Thanks
The right pick hinges on what you're injecting. For any GLP1, a 32g 4mm works great—you won't feel a thing.

If something tends to leave welts or bruises, I go with 8mm or 12.7, and I still aim for 32g or 31g.

Edit: I should mention, I only inject subq
 
31g insulin needles work perfectly for me, even though I don't use a pen. Most of the time there's no sensation at all.
 
nitetrak said:

Hello beutiful said:

Thinking about switching to a pen for every-day shots, but if I only inject once per week and I'm somewhat afraid of needles, what size fixed needle do you all use? Thanks
The right pick hinges on what you're injecting. For any GLP1, a 32g 4mm works great—you won't feel a thing.

If something tends to leave welts or bruises, I go with 8mm or 12.7, and I still aim for 32g or 31g.

Edit: I should mention, I only inject subq
So, is what you're injecting oil-based or water-based? One more thing from me: if you stick a 21 gauge, 2 inch needle into your glute, after that a 31-32 gauge in your belly will feel like nothing at all.
 
Give this a shot​#-try-thisHits returned for the search term: pen needles​#-search-results-for-query-pen-needles10 pages

Each page holds 50 discussions

spanning the last year
 
anhydrous said:

31g insulin needles work perfectly for me, even though I don't use a pen. Most of the time there's no sensation at all.
I'm in the same boat — 31g, 8mm.
 
Back
Top