Need freezer-safe vial labels for handwritten use

DS36

Explorer
Joined
Aug 13, 2026
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Location
Georgia
Trying to get my stock in better order — does anyone know of vial labels that survive the freezer? I want a simple kind I can write on by hand.

🙂
 
A4 label sheets that go through an inkjet printer have worked for me — after 2 or 3 months in both the freezer and the fridge, they still hold on. The ones I use are "SmithPackaging A4 Self Adhesive Address Labels," though I imagine most brands are basically equivalent. A sheet with 80 labels felt like a sensible size.
 
I realize this isn't quite the answer you were after, but here's what I rely on for labeling my vials, my freezer storage cases, and my refillable pens. They're fairly basic, yet they perform really well. My freezer runs at -40, and these stay adhered without issue, provided you apply them prior to freezing, since frost will stop them from sticking afterward.


https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CJ8YPCHV?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
 
BrightCandle said:

A4 label sheets that go through an inkjet printer have worked for me — after 2 or 3 months in both the freezer and the fridge, they still hold on. The ones I use are "SmithPackaging A4 Self Adhesive Address Labels," though I imagine most brands are basically equivalent. A sheet with 80 labels felt like a sensible size.
Got it. For the 3mL bottles, which size did you pick?
 
trey915 said:

I realize this isn't quite the answer you were after, but here's what I rely on for labeling my vials, my freezer storage cases, and my refillable pens. They're fairly basic, yet they perform really well. My freezer runs at -40, and these stay adhered without issue, provided you apply them prior to freezing, since frost will stop them from sticking afterward.


https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CJ8YPCHV?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
I came across those too. Worth giving them a shot?
 
DS36 said:

trey915 said:

I realize this isn't quite the answer you were after, but here's what I rely on for labeling my vials, my freezer storage cases, and my refillable pens. They're fairly basic, yet they perform really well. My freezer runs at -40, and these stay adhered without issue, provided you apply them prior to freezing, since frost will stop them from sticking afterward.


https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CJ8YPCHV?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
I came across those too. Worth giving them a shot?
No. They work well for me. Compared to a professional label they're quite basic, yet they do what I need and won't break the bank.
 
trey915 said:

DS36 said:

trey915 said:

I realize this isn't quite the answer you were after, but here's what I rely on for labeling my vials, my freezer storage cases, and my refillable pens. They're fairly basic, yet they perform really well. My freezer runs at -40, and these stay adhered without issue, provided you apply them prior to freezing, since frost will stop them from sticking afterward.


https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CJ8YPCHV?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
I came across those too. Worth giving them a shot?
No. They work well for me. Compared to a professional label they're quite basic, yet they do what I need and won't break the bank.
They've already shipped. I ordered them from Amazon before, right after you answered. 🙂
 
Back
Top