Nearly tempted to make the change

Assuming Tirzepatide or Semaglutide is doing the job for you, my advice would be to remain on whichever one you're using until you hit a plateau. Liver fat is also lowered by both of those.

Should you make the change to Reta, the appetite suppression you're used to might not show up. On top of that, side effects could catch you off guard. In my case, allodynia was what I got.

Whenever starting a new peptide, a very small dose should always be injected 1 day ahead of when your official course is set to begin. Let 24 hours pass so you can tell whether even that small amount triggers a bad reaction in your body.
 
After hitting a plateau on tirz, I made the change to reta gradually. During month 1 I took 0.5mg each week, then moved to 1.0mg weekly just to test whether it would be rough on me. No problems at all. Once that first month was behind me, I began increasing the reta more aggressively so I could reach a therapeutic dose. The plateau finally gave way at about 8mg/week. Skin sensitivity showed up early as the most unpleasant effect I dealt with. My forearms felt like they had a light sunburn, though it cleared up fairly quickly.

There was even a benefit I was happy about: my sleep got dramatically better. Insomnia had been a struggle for years, and that included the whole stretch I was on tirz. With reta, I'm finally able to stay asleep all night.
 
AllCourtTENNIS said:

After hitting a plateau on tirz, I made the change to reta gradually. During month 1 I took 0.5mg each week, then moved to 1.0mg weekly just to test whether it would be rough on me. No problems at all. Once that first month was behind me, I began increasing the reta more aggressively so I could reach a therapeutic dose. The plateau finally gave way at about 8mg/week. Skin sensitivity showed up early as the most unpleasant effect I dealt with. My forearms felt like they had a light sunburn, though it cleared up fairly quickly.

There was even a benefit I was happy about: my sleep got dramatically better. Insomnia had been a struggle for years, and that included the whole stretch I was on tirz. With reta, I'm finally able to stay asleep all night.
What was your weight at the point you increased to 8mg weekly? I'm aiming to keep my dose at 2.5mg/week maximum since I think that would work best for me, so I'm curious what led you to go up that far
 
razelito said:

AllCourtTENNIS said:

After hitting a plateau on tirz, I made the change to reta gradually. During month 1 I took 0.5mg each week, then moved to 1.0mg weekly just to test whether it would be rough on me. No problems at all. Once that first month was behind me, I began increasing the reta more aggressively so I could reach a therapeutic dose. The plateau finally gave way at about 8mg/week. Skin sensitivity showed up early as the most unpleasant effect I dealt with. My forearms felt like they had a light sunburn, though it cleared up fairly quickly.

There was even a benefit I was happy about: my sleep got dramatically better. Insomnia had been a struggle for years, and that included the whole stretch I was on tirz. With reta, I'm finally able to stay asleep all night.
What was your weight at the point you increased to 8mg weekly? I'm aiming to keep my dose at 2.5mg/week maximum since I think that would work best for me, so I'm curious what led you to go up that far
Because tirz was what I began with, moving over to reta meant I had to go up in dose before anything showed. Should reta be the first glp1 you try, then absolutely keep your doses low right up until you hit a plateau. Back in March, at the point where I pushed my reta dose up significantly, my weight was about 84kg and my height 168cm — so I was still in the obese range. This morning the scale read 70.75 kg. I'm sooooo close to a normal BMI now.
 
Back
Top