NAD causing soreness at the injection spot

308fan

Explorer
Joined
Apr 24, 2026
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern California
I’ve recently begun using NAD, and the area where I inject has been hurting quite a bit. I chose my buttocks for the shot, and now sitting down is really unpleasant. Has anyone else experienced this?
 
A few of the standard suggestions involve testing pH, further dilution, or thinking about IM (even though that carries greater risk).

Another option is to dilute just prior to injecting by putting saline, saline BAC, or plain BAC into the syringe.
 
308fan said:

I’ve recently begun using NAD, and the area where I inject has been hurting quite a bit. I chose my buttocks for the shot, and now sitting down is really unpleasant. Has anyone else experienced this?
Does it contain a buffer?
 
CNCCurrency said:

308fan said:

I’ve recently begun using NAD, and the area where I inject has been hurting quite a bit. I chose my buttocks for the shot, and now sitting down is really unpleasant. Has anyone else experienced this?
Does it contain a buffer?
The expectation was that it would be
 
A few months back, while I was experimenting with the mitochondrial protocol, I used up a couple of vials. The source was a reseller who had gotten it from Uther or PGB or a similar supplier. It was labeled as buffered. Even so, each injection caused pain. On top of that, it did nothing for me. After I bailed out during the MOTS-C part of the protocol, I never touched it again. That MOTS-C gave me huge, hard lumps that lasted for months, and 1 of them is STILL not completely gone.
 
308fan said:

I’ve recently begun using NAD, and the area where I inject has been hurting quite a bit. I chose my buttocks for the shot, and now sitting down is really unpleasant. Has anyone else experienced this?
What's the MG amount in the vial, and what volume of BAC water was used? My experience was that additional dilution of the NAD was necessary to lower the thickness at the time of injection.

A 29g needle was also what I used, and that appeared to lessen the burning sensation. Finally, the least discomfort came from sub-Q shots into the thigh.
 
In my opinion, NAD + shots aren't worth it. If I'm wrong, someone please set me straight, but from what I gathered looking through some clinical studies, there don't seem to be any clear benefits.
 
DustAndDignity said:

308fan said:

I’ve recently begun using NAD, and the area where I inject has been hurting quite a bit. I chose my buttocks for the shot, and now sitting down is really unpleasant. Has anyone else experienced this?
What's the MG amount in the vial, and what volume of BAC water was used? My experience was that additional dilution of the NAD was necessary to lower the thickness at the time of injection.

A 29g needle was also what I used, and that appeared to lessen the burning sensation. Finally, the least discomfort came from sub-Q shots into the thigh.
The vial contains 500mg. I added 3ml of bac water.
 
308fan said:

DustAndDignity said:

308fan said:

I’ve recently begun using NAD, and the area where I inject has been hurting quite a bit. I chose my buttocks for the shot, and now sitting down is really unpleasant. Has anyone else experienced this?
What's the MG amount in the vial, and what volume of BAC water was used? My experience was that additional dilution of the NAD was necessary to lower the thickness at the time of injection.

A 29g needle was also what I used, and that appeared to lessen the burning sensation. Finally, the least discomfort came from sub-Q shots into the thigh.
The vial contains 500mg. I added 3ml of bac water.
If the vial is large enough, use 4mL of BAC.
 
My NAD is supplied in a 10mL vial, so I water it down a lot. After that, I put in extra bac water right before I inject. Oddly enough, sub q hurts less. I inject into the fattiest area of my belly or my thighs, and there's no problem.
 
lastresort said:

In my opinion, NAD + shots aren't worth it. If I'm wrong, someone please set me straight, but from what I gathered looking through some clinical studies, there don't seem to be any clear benefits.
For sure, the evidence behind energy-boosting peptides such as NAD+, 5AM, SS-31, and MOTS-c is thinner than ideal, 5AM in particular. And for me, anything that stings and also eats up more of my limited BAC is the first thing to go. MOTS-c isn't even worth attempting.
 
Calm Logic said:

lastresort said:

In my opinion, NAD + shots aren't worth it. If I'm wrong, someone please set me straight, but from what I gathered looking through some clinical studies, there don't seem to be any clear benefits.
For sure, the evidence behind energy-boosting peptides such as NAD+, 5AM, SS-31, and MOTS-c is thinner than ideal, 5AM in particular. And for me, anything that stings and also eats up more of my limited BAC is the first thing to go. MOTS-c isn't even worth attempting.
Those stinging peptides are the worst!!
 
I figured I was just being a wimp about the NAD, so it's a relief to find out others are dealing with the same thing.

Diluting it with 5ml in the vial, then drawing extra BAC into the syringe before I inject, rotating where I pin, and warming the solution first — I've run through all of that and none of it helped.

It was sold to me as buffered, though I have my doubts. If that's what buffered feels like, unbuffered must be brutal. KLOW had me nervous to start because I'd heard it was spicy too, but next to the NAD it's a cake walk.
 
Grrrem said:

I figured I was just being a wimp about the NAD, so it's a relief to find out others are dealing with the same thing.

Diluting it with 5ml in the vial, then drawing extra BAC into the syringe before I inject, rotating where I pin, and warming the solution first — I've run through all of that and none of it helped.

It was sold to me as buffered, though I have my doubts. If that's what buffered feels like, unbuffered must be brutal. KLOW had me nervous to start because I'd heard it was spicy too, but next to the NAD it's a cake walk.
I had the same experience — for 500mg of NAD+, I mixed in 3 ml of bac water. Since that happened, I've been injecting just half the dose. For my next vial, though, I'm absolutely going with 6 ml of bac!
 
Grrrem said:

I figured I was just being a wimp about the NAD, so it's a relief to find out others are dealing with the same thing.

Diluting it with 5ml in the vial, then drawing extra BAC into the syringe before I inject, rotating where I pin, and warming the solution first — I've run through all of that and none of it helped.

It was sold to me as buffered, though I have my doubts. If that's what buffered feels like, unbuffered must be brutal. KLOW had me nervous to start because I'd heard it was spicy too, but next to the NAD it's a cake walk.
Yeah, checking the pH might be a good idea. Should it turn out to be too low, injectable sodium bicarb can be added into the vial.
 
Calm Logic said:

Grrrem said:

I figured I was just being a wimp about the NAD, so it's a relief to find out others are dealing with the same thing.

Diluting it with 5ml in the vial, then drawing extra BAC into the syringe before I inject, rotating where I pin, and warming the solution first — I've run through all of that and none of it helped.

It was sold to me as buffered, though I have my doubts. If that's what buffered feels like, unbuffered must be brutal. KLOW had me nervous to start because I'd heard it was spicy too, but next to the NAD it's a cake walk.
Yeah, checking the pH might be a good idea. Should it turn out to be too low, injectable sodium bicarb can be added into the vial.
Interesting, when BAC is available again somewhere, I'll put both items in my cart. I haven't looked into injectable sodium bicarb, though I'm sure searching will turn up results. Thanks for the suggestion
 
Back
Top