NAD+ at high doses?

Calm Logic said:

I worry about the gluteus area because of possible contact with structures such as the sciatic nerve or the superior gluteal artery.

For TRT and glutathione at least, deep subq or IM into the thigh (vastus lateralis) worked well for me. Similar to what Nurse Scott demonstrates on Youtube.
If you find yourself in need of an additional IM site to use, check YouTube for ventrogluteal injection sites. That muscle is big, it's safer with respect to the concerns you have, and reaching it on your own is simpler.
 
LabRatBarbie said:

BBA1969 said:

tendency said:

For the past 3-3.5 months, I've been dosing NAD+ at 50mg every day. It took roughly a couple of months before a slight energy lift and better mood showed up. Subtle, though I could tell it was there. Nothing major.

Then, purely out of curiosity, I jacked the dose way up — 250mg per day for the last 3 days. And wow, wow. That one lands. Energy goes up in a way that's smooth, steady and carries through the whole day. Mood is noticeably better.

Can anyone else relate? Has anyone else needed a huge dose, or seen a big difference, only when taking a mammoth amount?
Wow, 250mg!

I figured 100mg every so often, after 2 months, was the upper limit for me.

Because NAD+ gives me such good results, I'm very drawn to trying that now!

Still, a few things I'm wondering: how do you handle dilution? My vials are 500mg. To get 250mg into a 1ml syringe, I'd need to mix with 2ml of BAC. Isn't that asking for a huge sting? Assuming I can even draw it from the vial🤔?

Or is it a matter of doing several injections?
Funny you bring this up — I was in a screw-it mood earlier and went the same route. I mixed 500mg with 2ML bac water, then pinned 95 units, which works out to roughly 220mg, and damn 😮 it hit hard right away.
At a larger dose, how intense does the rush get?
 
tendency said:

For the past 3-3.5 months, I've been dosing NAD+ at 50mg every day. It took roughly a couple of months before a slight energy lift and better mood showed up. Subtle, though I could tell it was there. Nothing major.

Then, purely out of curiosity, I jacked the dose way up — 250mg per day for the last 3 days. And wow, wow. That one lands. Energy goes up in a way that's smooth, steady and carries through the whole day. Mood is noticeably better.

Can anyone else relate? Has anyone else needed a huge dose, or seen a big difference, only when taking a mammoth amount?
When the dose goes up, how intense does the rush get?
 
homebrew said:

For a number of months I ran 50mg NAD+ 3x per week, plus oral TMG every day, and saw nothing that I could point to. After that I moved to 100mg NAD+ daily for a 2-week stretch, and again there was no effect, so I quit.

My guess is that at 71 years old I simply don't have enough healthy mitochondria left for NAD+ to do much. I have the same doubt about how well BPC-157 works (that one is also on hold right now).

SS-31 has my attention — could it act systemically alongside the other peptides? Anyone have thoughts on SS-31?
My experience with NAD+ matched that exactly - on its own it had no effect, yet after adding SS31, my energy levels shifted. These days I continue using both: 5mg SS31 + 50mg NAD+
 
If you take a TMG (trimethylglycine) supplement together with NAD+ boosters (such as NR or NMN), you help your body's methylation cycle. When NAD+ is processed at high doses, it uses up the methyl groups in your body. TMG restores them safely, which stops methylation stress and helps keep your cardiovascular system healthy.






c008eb7929b2b5bac67636063e5ee0c31a53cd60968580bb90fccd462eb9bef5.webp
 
FNG33 said:

When there is stinging, put sodium bicarbonate on a PH test strip. Correct the PH and the stinging goes away.
How do you use the sodium bicarbonate — is it mixed into your vial? If so, what's the method? Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but I'm clueless... LOL
 
PickleWitch said:

I gave a larger dose a shot, and a few hours afterward I ran into some unpleasant gastric issues. On top of that, I can’t say I’ve noticed much upside.
When you say that, do you mean trapped gas, loose stools, or a queasy stomach?
 
BlueDog55 said:

PickleWitch said:

I gave a larger dose a shot, and a few hours afterward I ran into some unpleasant gastric issues. On top of that, I can’t say I’ve noticed much upside.
When you say that, do you mean trapped gas, loose stools, or a queasy stomach?

I mean I nearly had an accident right there in Walmart.
 
UpDownLeftRightAS* said:

If you take a TMG (trimethylglycine) supplement together with NAD+ boosters (such as NR or NMN), you help your body's methylation cycle. When NAD+ is processed at high doses, it uses up the methyl groups in your body. TMG restores them safely, which stops methylation stress and helps keep your cardiovascular system healthy.






View attachment 11254
I began taking tmg alongside hmb and epicatechin, sort of as a metabolism and muscle-preserving stack while in a deficit. All I can say is that my energy is off the charts. No idea whether that ties back to these or simply to sticking strictly to my diet and working out, but I've been sleeping like the dead and crushing everything since. A few days back I put in 4 hours on an exercise bike. Something is doing the job. 😂
 
Say you’ve got a 500mg vial and add 5ml of BAC water, and your target is 250mg. That means dividing it across 5 syringes at 0.5ml each? That’s a hell of a lot of injections...
 
miameow said:

homebrew said:

For a number of months I ran 50mg NAD+ 3x per week, plus oral TMG every day, and saw nothing that I could point to. After that I moved to 100mg NAD+ daily for a 2-week stretch, and again there was no effect, so I quit.

My guess is that at 71 years old I simply don't have enough healthy mitochondria left for NAD+ to do much. I have the same doubt about how well BPC-157 works (that one is also on hold right now).

SS-31 has my attention — could it act systemically alongside the other peptides? Anyone have thoughts on SS-31?
My experience with NAD+ matched that exactly - on its own it had no effect, yet after adding SS31, my energy levels shifted. These days I continue using both: 5mg SS31 + 50mg NAD+
When using this, was MOTS-C included, or did you stick to SS-31 plus NAD+ only?
 
Commander said:

miameow said:

homebrew said:

For a number of months I ran 50mg NAD+ 3x per week, plus oral TMG every day, and saw nothing that I could point to. After that I moved to 100mg NAD+ daily for a 2-week stretch, and again there was no effect, so I quit.

My guess is that at 71 years old I simply don't have enough healthy mitochondria left for NAD+ to do much. I have the same doubt about how well BPC-157 works (that one is also on hold right now).

SS-31 has my attention — could it act systemically alongside the other peptides? Anyone have thoughts on SS-31?
My experience with NAD+ matched that exactly - on its own it had no effect, yet after adding SS31, my energy levels shifted. These days I continue using both: 5mg SS31 + 50mg NAD+
When using this, was MOTS-C included, or did you stick to SS-31 plus NAD+ only?
My protocol started with NAD+ alone for 2 months. After that I introduced SS-31, and later MOTS-c. The change I noticed once SS-31 entered the mix was dramatic. MOTS-c helped, but its effect did not come close to what SS-31 delivered.
 
miameow said:

homebrew said:

For a number of months I ran 50mg NAD+ 3x per week, plus oral TMG every day, and saw nothing that I could point to. After that I moved to 100mg NAD+ daily for a 2-week stretch, and again there was no effect, so I quit.

My guess is that at 71 years old I simply don't have enough healthy mitochondria left for NAD+ to do much. I have the same doubt about how well BPC-157 works (that one is also on hold right now).

SS-31 has my attention — could it act systemically alongside the other peptides? Anyone have thoughts on SS-31?
My experience with NAD+ matched that exactly - on its own it had no effect, yet after adding SS31, my energy levels shifted. These days I continue using both: 5mg SS31 + 50mg NAD+
Has anyone tried stopping the NAD and using only the ss31, to check whether that alone delivers the same energy boost?
 
Powerslide said:

miameow said:

homebrew said:

For a number of months I ran 50mg NAD+ 3x per week, plus oral TMG every day, and saw nothing that I could point to. After that I moved to 100mg NAD+ daily for a 2-week stretch, and again there was no effect, so I quit.

My guess is that at 71 years old I simply don't have enough healthy mitochondria left for NAD+ to do much. I have the same doubt about how well BPC-157 works (that one is also on hold right now).

SS-31 has my attention — could it act systemically alongside the other peptides? Anyone have thoughts on SS-31?
My experience with NAD+ matched that exactly - on its own it had no effect, yet after adding SS31, my energy levels shifted. These days I continue using both: 5mg SS31 + 50mg NAD+
Has anyone tried stopping the NAD and using only the ss31, to check whether that alone delivers the same energy boost?
On its own, it's effective too. NAD+ does amplify the effect, though. For me, combining all 3 is best, yet SS31 carries most of the benefit.
 
Back
Top