NAD+ at high doses?

BBA1969 said:

LabRatBarbie said:

BBA1969 said:

tendency said:

For the past 3-3.5 months, I've been dosing NAD+ at 50mg every day. It took roughly a couple of months before a slight energy lift and better mood showed up. Subtle, though I could tell it was there. Nothing major.

Then, purely out of curiosity, I jacked the dose way up — 250mg per day for the last 3 days. And wow, wow. That one lands. Energy goes up in a way that's smooth, steady and carries through the whole day. Mood is noticeably better.

Can anyone else relate? Has anyone else needed a huge dose, or seen a big difference, only when taking a mammoth amount?
Wow, 250mg!

I figured 100mg every so often, after 2 months, was the upper limit for me.

Because NAD+ gives me such good results, I'm very drawn to trying that now!

Still, a few things I'm wondering: how do you handle dilution? My vials are 500mg. To get 250mg into a 1ml syringe, I'd need to mix with 2ml of BAC. Isn't that asking for a huge sting? Assuming I can even draw it from the vial🤔?

Or is it a matter of doing several injections?
Funny you bring this up — I was in a screw-it mood earlier and went the same route. I mixed 500mg with 2ML bac water, then pinned 95 units, which works out to roughly 220mg, and damn 😮 it hit hard right away.
What was the injection like? Did you get any soreness or a bump? Also, which spot did you use?
I inject at a very slow pace. Burning shouldn’t happen — if it does, either you’re hitting muscle instead of fat, or the pH is unbuffered. Mine went into the abdomen.



Should you have pH strips, test it; it ought not to exceed 6. Allow your nads to warm up to room temperature (inside the syringe, not the vial), then depress the plunger more gradually. I pinch the skin quite firmly, which makes the poke less noticeable.

With the Mots c, the injection spot itches for a while. I’ve only just begun it, so I’m not 💯 sure whether that’s typical. Energy has been excellent though — I’d definitely suggest titrating up, just don’t overdo it. For anyone more sensitive to that stimulated feeling, it could be unsettling.
 
Ouch — I dropped my dose from 50mg down to 25mg due to that burning sensation. Going all the way up to 100mg or 250mg is beyond what I could handle!!
 
I'm trying to figure out whether NAD+ has any real effect. Could a blood test or some other method show whether NAD+ is actually doing something?
 
Perhaps the NAD+ you're all injecting isn't buffered, or maybe I've just built up a tolerance. My routine: 500mg combined with 1mL bac water, then 0.20mL injected sub-q — and there's zero burning sensation for me.
 
Commander said:

I'm trying to figure out whether NAD+ has any real effect. Could a blood test or some other method show whether NAD+ is actually doing something?
Around 50-75% of what I've read seems to share that same outlook. Is it actually having any effect... My focus is more on skin aging and wrinkles rather than energy levels. Do you happen to have any before and after pictures of yourself, maybe it's doing something? lol
 
I gave a larger dose a shot, and a few hours afterward I ran into some unpleasant gastric issues. On top of that, I can’t say I’ve noticed much upside.
 
Commander said:

I'm trying to figure out whether NAD+ has any real effect. Could a blood test or some other method show whether NAD+ is actually doing something?
Nope. I came across Dr. Paul Jones discussing how hard it is to measure. It's unstable in blood, and blood levels don't reflect the amount present in organs and tissues. Glutathione has similar measurement issues.

According to the science, NAD is certainly performing its function. Whether the cellular environment can actually put it to use is the reason we dive deep into the MOTS/SS31 mitochondrial health route. For me, I'm sure it's operating in the background—I notice a flush at 100mg—but I'm not counting on an energy increase. Still, I definitely want to try pushing 500mg just to experience it. A typical IV dose is 750ml. Both the other research rat and I experience some gastrointestinal stuff on injection day.

Right now I'm experimenting with 100mg 3x per week. Clinics (Konniver and Jones) follow a "loading dose" approach—100mg for a week, then return for the large IV bag. After that, patients come back either 1x monthly or once a week, depending.
 
I've been on NMN for 2 years, and the idea of trying NAD+ subQ keeps crossing my mind. The problem is that I hear such a wide range of conflicting views about it.
 
rkbleddyn said:

I've been on NMN for 2 years, and the idea of trying NAD+ subQ keeps crossing my mind. The problem is that I hear such a wide range of conflicting views about it.
I came across information saying that subcutaneous NAD offers no genuine benefit compared to taking NMN & NR orally. I'd like to hear what others have gone through.
 
I’m on 50mg of NAD. On its own, I’m not convinced it has any effect, but I use it alongside SS-31 and MOTS-C.
 
mikkyglue said:

rkbleddyn said:

I've been on NMN for 2 years, and the idea of trying NAD+ subQ keeps crossing my mind. The problem is that I hear such a wide range of conflicting views about it.
I came across information saying that subcutaneous NAD offers no genuine benefit compared to taking NMN & NR orally. I'd like to hear what others have gone through.
NMN and NR, the precursors, produced no noticeable results for me personally. However, when I use NAD+ subcutaneously, I experience a significant lift in both energy and mood that carries through the entire day.
 
For a number of months I ran 50mg NAD+ 3x per week, plus oral TMG every day, and saw nothing that I could point to. After that I moved to 100mg NAD+ daily for a 2-week stretch, and again there was no effect, so I quit.

My guess is that at 71 years old I simply don't have enough healthy mitochondria left for NAD+ to do much. I have the same doubt about how well BPC-157 works (that one is also on hold right now).

SS-31 has my attention — could it act systemically alongside the other peptides? Anyone have thoughts on SS-31?
 
Calm Logic said:

I worry about the gluteus area because of possible contact with structures such as the sciatic nerve or the superior gluteal artery.

For TRT and glutathione at least, deep subq or IM into the thigh (vastus lateralis) worked well for me. Similar to what Nurse Scott demonstrates on Youtube.
For 100 years, I'm fairly certain physicians have been administering injections into the buttocks using 2" needles.😱
 
homebrew said:

For a number of months I ran 50mg NAD+ 3x per week, plus oral TMG every day, and saw nothing that I could point to. After that I moved to 100mg NAD+ daily for a 2-week stretch, and again there was no effect, so I quit.

My guess is that at 71 years old I simply don't have enough healthy mitochondria left for NAD+ to do much. I have the same doubt about how well BPC-157 works (that one is also on hold right now).

SS-31 has my attention — could it act systemically alongside the other peptides? Anyone have thoughts on SS-31?
SS-31 worked for me. The dose needs to be 4mg daily. You'll hear claims that much lower amounts are enough… For me, only 4mg per day produced any effect, and I'm 54.
 
tendency said:

For the past 3-3.5 months, I've been dosing NAD+ at 50mg every day. It took roughly a couple of months before a slight energy lift and better mood showed up. Subtle, though I could tell it was there. Nothing major.

Then, purely out of curiosity, I jacked the dose way up — 250mg per day for the last 3 days. And wow, wow. That one lands. Energy goes up in a way that's smooth, steady and carries through the whole day. Mood is noticeably better.

Can anyone else relate? Has anyone else needed a huge dose, or seen a big difference, only when taking a mammoth amount?
When I took a really large amount of NAD+, things went badly: I felt crushing pressure in my chest and had a panic attack. Please proceed with a lot of caution.
 
rpm2026 said:

tendency said:

For the past 3-3.5 months, I've been dosing NAD+ at 50mg every day. It took roughly a couple of months before a slight energy lift and better mood showed up. Subtle, though I could tell it was there. Nothing major.

Then, purely out of curiosity, I jacked the dose way up — 250mg per day for the last 3 days. And wow, wow. That one lands. Energy goes up in a way that's smooth, steady and carries through the whole day. Mood is noticeably better.

Can anyone else relate? Has anyone else needed a huge dose, or seen a big difference, only when taking a mammoth amount?
When I took a really large amount of NAD+, things went badly: I felt crushing pressure in my chest and had a panic attack. Please proceed with a lot of caution.
What dose are we talking about here? What makes someone jump straight from 100mg to 250 or 500mg instead of trying 125-150mg first?
 
Powerslide said:

rpm2026 said:

tendency said:

For the past 3-3.5 months, I've been dosing NAD+ at 50mg every day. It took roughly a couple of months before a slight energy lift and better mood showed up. Subtle, though I could tell it was there. Nothing major.

Then, purely out of curiosity, I jacked the dose way up — 250mg per day for the last 3 days. And wow, wow. That one lands. Energy goes up in a way that's smooth, steady and carries through the whole day. Mood is noticeably better.

Can anyone else relate? Has anyone else needed a huge dose, or seen a big difference, only when taking a mammoth amount?
When I took a really large amount of NAD+, things went badly: I felt crushing pressure in my chest and had a panic attack. Please proceed with a lot of caution.
What dose are we talking about here? What makes someone jump straight from 100mg to 250 or 500mg instead of trying 125-150mg first?
It was probably about 250mgs — a mistake while reconstituting, and I pushed it in too fast. Absolutely terrifying. For several minutes every single muscle in my body locked up. I considered dialing 911, but I figured I'd already be gone long before anyone arrived anyway!
 
Nerker said:

Commander said:

I'm trying to figure out whether NAD+ has any real effect. Could a blood test or some other method show whether NAD+ is actually doing something?
Nope. I came across Dr. Paul Jones discussing how hard it is to measure. It's unstable in blood, and blood levels don't reflect the amount present in organs and tissues. Glutathione has similar measurement issues.

According to the science, NAD is certainly performing its function. Whether the cellular environment can actually put it to use is the reason we dive deep into the MOTS/SS31 mitochondrial health route. For me, I'm sure it's operating in the background—I notice a flush at 100mg—but I'm not counting on an energy increase. Still, I definitely want to try pushing 500mg just to experience it. A typical IV dose is 750ml. Both the other research rat and I experience some gastrointestinal stuff on injection day.

Right now I'm experimenting with 100mg 3x per week. Clinics (Konniver and Jones) follow a "loading dose" approach—100mg for a week, then return for the large IV bag. After that, patients come back either 1x monthly or once a week, depending.
My understanding is that the research doesn't offer much support for NAD+ injections—or boosting NAD through precursors—having a meaningful effect for most people.
 
Back
Top