My wife has been wondering why I have so many needles

MeanSteve

Explorer
Joined
May 27, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Providence RI
I played around with ChatGPT for a while about my stack, and once we'd gone back and forth enough, I had it help me put together an explanation for my wife... Here's what it came up with, enjoy.

Over the past several months, I've been working on improving my health, body composition, energy levels, and long-term fitness. When I started this process, I weighed approximately 218 pounds. Today I'm around 179 pounds, I've improved my sleep apnea significantly, increased my protein intake, and established a consistent exercise routine.

Part of that process has included the use of several peptides and metabolic-support compounds. These are not recreational drugs, narcotics, stimulants, or anabolic steroids. Most are substances that mimic or enhance naturally occurring signaling molecules in the body. They are being used as part of a structured health and fitness plan, not for intoxication or euphoria.

My current goals are:

• Reduce my waist measurement further to meet Army body composition standards.

• Preserve muscle while losing fat.

• Improve energy and recovery.

• Improve sleep quality.

• Maintain long-term health and fitness.

Current Protocol

Morning

• SS-31 (1 mg daily)

  • Used for mitochondrial support and cellular energy production.
  • Generally considered low risk.
  • Potential concerns: injection site irritation and limited long-term human data.
• AOD-9604 (300 mcg daily)

  • A peptide derived from growth hormone research that is primarily used for fat-loss support.
  • Does not have the growth-promoting effects associated with growth hormone itself.
  • Potential concerns: effectiveness varies significantly between individuals.
• MOTS-C (5 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

  • A mitochondrial peptide used to support metabolism, exercise performance, and insulin sensitivity.
  • Potential concerns: limited long-term human data.
• NAD+ (100 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

  • A naturally occurring molecule involved in cellular energy production.
  • Used to support recovery and mitochondrial function.
  • Potential concerns: injection discomfort and limited evidence for some claimed benefits.
Night

• Tesamorelin (1 mg nightly)

  • A growth hormone releasing hormone analogue.
  • Used primarily to reduce abdominal fat while preserving lean body mass.
  • Potential concerns: increased IGF-1 levels, fluid retention, and possible effects on blood sugar in some individuals.
• Ipamorelin (250 mcg nightly)

  • A growth hormone secretogoblin.
  • Used alongside Tesamorelin to support recovery and body composition.
  • Potential concerns: mild water retention and increased hunger in some people.
• DSIP (300 mcg nightly)

  • A peptide being evaluated for sleep support.
  • Used because I frequently wake up around 3:00 AM.
  • Potential concerns: limited evidence and inconsistent effectiveness.
Weekly

• Tirzepatide (currently tapering)

  • A medication originally developed for diabetes and obesity treatment.
  • It significantly reduces appetite and improves blood sugar regulation.
  • This medication has been a major contributor to my weight loss.
  • Potential concerns: nausea, gastrointestinal issues, excessive appetite suppression, and muscle loss if protein intake and exercise are not maintained.
• Retatrutide (planned transition)

  • A newer metabolic medication similar to Tirzepatide.
  • Being introduced gradually as Tirzepatide is reduced.
  • The goal is improved body composition and metabolic efficiency rather than additional appetite suppression.
  • Potential concerns: similar gastrointestinal effects, elevated heart rate in some users, and limited long-term human data compared to Tirzepatide.
What I Am Not Doing

• I am not using anabolic steroids.

• I am not using narcotics or opioids.

• I am not using recreational drugs.

• I am not using stimulants for weight loss.

• I am not injecting substances to get high or alter my mental state.

The injections are simply the delivery method for many of these compounds because they are proteins or peptides that would be destroyed if taken orally.

Concerns and Risks

I don't view any of these compounds as completely risk-free. Some have strong clinical data behind them, while others have much less research available. I continuously evaluate whether they are providing enough benefit to justify their use.

The biggest concerns identified during my own review of the program are not actually the peptides themselves. The larger concerns are:

• Getting enough sleep.

• Recovering properly from training.

• Avoiding excessive calorie restriction.

• Maintaining muscle mass while continuing to lose fat.

Going forward, the focus will be less on adding more compounds and more on improving lifestyle factors such as sleep, nutrition, daily walking, and cardiovascular fitness.

In short, what you're seeing is not a drug problem. It's a highly structured health and fitness program that uses several injectable compounds as tools to support weight loss, recovery, metabolism, and body composition. The goal is better health, improved fitness, and meeting military standards—not intoxication or escape.

Click to expand...
 
Wow - my partner would find it weirder that I put that much work into the essay I handed them than just spending 2 minutes talking about what was happening. 🤣
 
FunkyOtter said:

Wow - my partner would find it weirder that I put that much work into the essay I handed them than just spending 2 minutes talking about what was happening. 🤣
Honestly, this was the most concise approach. I have a habit of over-explaining things.
 
Lmao

Since you're a wife haver, you could likely take just that opening line and tack on [[Q1]]
 
Nice collection!! To someone who isn't as hooked on peptides as we are, it could seem like a lot.😉. Tomorrow my grandson arrives to spend the summer with me, and I'll have to give him the same explanation.
 
Not long ago my husband came across the Tirz and supplies I keep in the storage case in the fridge, and he immediately sent a panicked text wanting to know what was going on! He only saw the Tirz so far; the other supplies and kits haven't come to his attention yet, and if they did I think that conversation would stretch on much longer. 🤣 I have no plans to mention that it originated from China, because I can only picture how lengthy that discussion would become! He has always been skinny, so he will never get it.
 
maokai said:

Lmao

Since you're a wife haver, you could likely take just that opening line and tack on [[Q1]]
"As a wife haver.." LMFAO

When it comes to me and my shenanigans, my partner couldn't be more supportive. Every crypto conversion and every payment for my purchases gets handled by him 🙂 Crypto is something I know nothing about, but after writing that sentence, I think it's time I started learning.
 
Stace_wow said:

maokai said:

Lmao

Since you're a wife haver, you could likely take just that opening line and tack on [[Q1]]
"As a wife haver.." LMFAO

When it comes to me and my shenanigans, my partner couldn't be more supportive. Every crypto conversion and every payment for my purchases gets handled by him 🙂 Crypto is something I know nothing about, but after writing that sentence, I think it's time I started learning.
If your partner knows how to handle crypto, you should hold onto them. Don’t mess it up.

Bill
 
MeanSteve said:

I played around with ChatGPT for a while about my stack, and once we'd gone back and forth enough, I had it help me put together an explanation for my wife... Here's what it came up with, enjoy.

Over the past several months, I've been working on improving my health, body composition, energy levels, and long-term fitness. When I started this process, I weighed approximately 218 pounds. Today I'm around 179 pounds, I've improved my sleep apnea significantly, increased my protein intake, and established a consistent exercise routine.

Part of that process has included the use of several peptides and metabolic-support compounds. These are not recreational drugs, narcotics, stimulants, or anabolic steroids. Most are substances that mimic or enhance naturally occurring signaling molecules in the body. They are being used as part of a structured health and fitness plan, not for intoxication or euphoria.

My current goals are:

• Reduce my waist measurement further to meet Army body composition standards.

• Preserve muscle while losing fat.

• Improve energy and recovery.

• Improve sleep quality.

• Maintain long-term health and fitness.

Current Protocol

Morning

• SS-31 (1 mg daily)

  • Used for mitochondrial support and cellular energy production.
  • Generally considered low risk.
  • Potential concerns: injection site irritation and limited long-term human data.
• AOD-9604 (300 mcg daily)

  • A peptide derived from growth hormone research that is primarily used for fat-loss support.
  • Does not have the growth-promoting effects associated with growth hormone itself.
  • Potential concerns: effectiveness varies significantly between individuals.
• MOTS-C (5 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

  • A mitochondrial peptide used to support metabolism, exercise performance, and insulin sensitivity.
  • Potential concerns: limited long-term human data.
• NAD+ (100 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

  • A naturally occurring molecule involved in cellular energy production.
  • Used to support recovery and mitochondrial function.
  • Potential concerns: injection discomfort and limited evidence for some claimed benefits.
Night

• Tesamorelin (1 mg nightly)

  • A growth hormone releasing hormone analogue.
  • Used primarily to reduce abdominal fat while preserving lean body mass.
  • Potential concerns: increased IGF-1 levels, fluid retention, and possible effects on blood sugar in some individuals.
• Ipamorelin (250 mcg nightly)

  • A growth hormone secretogoblin.
  • Used alongside Tesamorelin to support recovery and body composition.
  • Potential concerns: mild water retention and increased hunger in some people.
• DSIP (300 mcg nightly)

  • A peptide being evaluated for sleep support.
  • Used because I frequently wake up around 3:00 AM.
  • Potential concerns: limited evidence and inconsistent effectiveness.
Weekly

• Tirzepatide (currently tapering)

  • A medication originally developed for diabetes and obesity treatment.
  • It significantly reduces appetite and improves blood sugar regulation.
  • This medication has been a major contributor to my weight loss.
  • Potential concerns: nausea, gastrointestinal issues, excessive appetite suppression, and muscle loss if protein intake and exercise are not maintained.
• Retatrutide (planned transition)

  • A newer metabolic medication similar to Tirzepatide.
  • Being introduced gradually as Tirzepatide is reduced.
  • The goal is improved body composition and metabolic efficiency rather than additional appetite suppression.
  • Potential concerns: similar gastrointestinal effects, elevated heart rate in some users, and limited long-term human data compared to Tirzepatide.
What I Am Not Doing

• I am not using anabolic steroids.

• I am not using narcotics or opioids.

• I am not using recreational drugs.

• I am not using stimulants for weight loss.

• I am not injecting substances to get high or alter my mental state.

The injections are simply the delivery method for many of these compounds because they are proteins or peptides that would be destroyed if taken orally.

Concerns and Risks

I don't view any of these compounds as completely risk-free. Some have strong clinical data behind them, while others have much less research available. I continuously evaluate whether they are providing enough benefit to justify their use.

The biggest concerns identified during my own review of the program are not actually the peptides themselves. The larger concerns are:

• Getting enough sleep.

• Recovering properly from training.

• Avoiding excessive calorie restriction.

• Maintaining muscle mass while continuing to lose fat.

Going forward, the focus will be less on adding more compounds and more on improving lifestyle factors such as sleep, nutrition, daily walking, and cardiovascular fitness.

In short, what you're seeing is not a drug problem. It's a highly structured health and fitness program that uses several injectable compounds as tools to support weight loss, recovery, metabolism, and body composition. The goal is better health, improved fitness, and meeting military standards—not intoxication or escape.

Click to expand...
Be sure to send that over to her by email, so she can run it back through ChatGPT and maybe end up with something closer to your initial prompt, rather than being stuck reading that long monologue.
 
MeanSteve said:


SS-31 (1 mg daily)

Used for mitochondrial support and cellular energy production.

Generally considered low risk.

Potential concerns: injection site irritation and limited long-term human data.

• AOD-9604 (300 mcg daily)

A peptide derived from growth hormone research that is primarily used for fat-loss support.

Does not have the growth-promoting effects associated with growth hormone itself.

Potential concerns: effectiveness varies significantly between individuals.

• MOTS-C (5 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

A mitochondrial peptide used to support metabolism, exercise performance, and insulin sensitivity.

Potential concerns: limited long-term human data.

Click to expand...
Your goals and stack line up really closely with mine! I don't know your age, but I'm 40, and if you take your starting or current weight and add 55 lbs, that puts us almost exactly on the same page, haha.

There are a few pieces of your protocol I'd like to understand better (and just to be clear, this isn't criticism — I'm just curious whether your approach could work better for me as well!)

SS-31, 1 mg daily: my own schedule has been 5 mg 3x week (Mon/Wed/Fri), which comes to 15 mg/week. I wanted to know what's behind using the smaller 1 mg dose more often. For me, I run 10 weeks on, then 6 off. With yours, is it more of a continuous dose level?

AOD-9504: This is one I've been really interested in! Even though there's no direct IGF/GH action here, does it do anything to blood sugar levels or insulin? And does this one call for anything beyond just Hospira?

MOTS-c, 5 mg: Same! I began at 5, but after a semi-popular podcast made me nervous about 5, I bu5 went down to 2.5 mg. The only difference is that I take mine 1 day earlier than you do (Sun/Tues/Thurs). I cycle this together with SS-31. Do you keep yours going continuously?

I also use NAD+ at 100 mg, 4-5x a week, plus low dose oral NR/NMN every day. On top of that, methylated B vitamins and 400 mg TMG. Haven't been tested for it yet — maybe at my next workup — but I want to get my MTHFR status officially. Since adding the supplements, I've definitely felt noticeably better.
 
This is honestly pretty sweet, and I give you credit for putting in that much work.. but what you really need is a brief, no-fuss TLDR version.. maybe something like..

Sweetheart, this is something I'm doing for the two of us, so I can get a handle on my health and show up as a better husband to you. What I'm injecting is peptides, not drugs or steroids, since they aren't orally bioavailable, the same way insulin isn't. Peptides are basically amino acids and proteins, and as you already know, they show up in cosmetics all over the place too. It would mean a lot if you'd back me on this self-improvement path, and I'd also like to ask you to come along with me on it.
 
Since my wife is disabled, she isn't able to trail me through the house. So when she hollers to ask what I'm up to, my answer is that I'm having a snack. Just kidding y'all. I've walked her through all of it in plain language, and I always remind her that the reason is I want to stay healthy so I can take care of her. Lol
 
Truthfully, she'd be angrier about me turning to AI to justify things than about the fact that I was injecting unregulated substances sourced from China.
 
rkbleddyn said:

I'm roughly 20 days through a 30 day SS-31 cycle (Img is taken daily too). Once that wraps up, I'll move on to the MOTS-c.
According to research, ss31 and MottsC can be used at the same time. There's a YouTube video by Josh Holyfield covering this. Start taking that mottsC right away.

Bill
 
my wife is still at the point where she finds it slightly amusing and a bit suspicious that i'm regularly shooting unknown chinese stuff into my rear. i figure in another 2 months she'll be going through my stash. 😂
 
Out of nowhere my wife wanted to know: if I keeled over tomorrow, would peptides be detected by a routine blood panel? Her worry was that a payout from life insurance could get messed up.

I explained that unless somebody is deliberately testing for research peptides, they won't turn up in standard post-mortem blood work.

From that point on she's been completely on board.
 
Back
Top