My wife has been wondering why I have so many needles

As someone who is a wife and also has a husband 😅 It didn't happen overnight. But during those months I was also doing my own research and building up knowledge.

Eventually the doctor wrote him a prescription for mounjaro, and before he headed to the pharmacy for his first pen I laid out the price difference for him. To make a long story short, that pen was never picked up and our first order went in 😎

Ps the fact that he already had some crypto didn't hurt either
 
Best of luck, keep us posted on how it turns out. In my case, I simply mentioned to my partner that I was buying peptides for health reasons, and she wasn’t bothered at all.
 
MeanSteve said:

I played around with ChatGPT for a while about my stack, and once we'd gone back and forth enough, I had it help me put together an explanation for my wife... Here's what it came up with, enjoy.

Over the past several months, I've been working on improving my health, body composition, energy levels, and long-term fitness. When I started this process, I weighed approximately 218 pounds. Today I'm around 179 pounds, I've improved my sleep apnea significantly, increased my protein intake, and established a consistent exercise routine.

Part of that process has included the use of several peptides and metabolic-support compounds. These are not recreational drugs, narcotics, stimulants, or anabolic steroids. Most are substances that mimic or enhance naturally occurring signaling molecules in the body. They are being used as part of a structured health and fitness plan, not for intoxication or euphoria.

My current goals are:

• Reduce my waist measurement further to meet Army body composition standards.

• Preserve muscle while losing fat.

• Improve energy and recovery.

• Improve sleep quality.

• Maintain long-term health and fitness.

Current Protocol

Morning

• SS-31 (1 mg daily)

  • Used for mitochondrial support and cellular energy production.
  • Generally considered low risk.
  • Potential concerns: injection site irritation and limited long-term human data.
• AOD-9604 (300 mcg daily)

  • A peptide derived from growth hormone research that is primarily used for fat-loss support.
  • Does not have the growth-promoting effects associated with growth hormone itself.
  • Potential concerns: effectiveness varies significantly between individuals.
• MOTS-C (5 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

  • A mitochondrial peptide used to support metabolism, exercise performance, and insulin sensitivity.
  • Potential concerns: limited long-term human data.
• NAD+ (100 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

  • A naturally occurring molecule involved in cellular energy production.
  • Used to support recovery and mitochondrial function.
  • Potential concerns: injection discomfort and limited evidence for some claimed benefits.
Night

• Tesamorelin (1 mg nightly)

  • A growth hormone releasing hormone analogue.
  • Used primarily to reduce abdominal fat while preserving lean body mass.
  • Potential concerns: increased IGF-1 levels, fluid retention, and possible effects on blood sugar in some individuals.
• Ipamorelin (250 mcg nightly)

  • A growth hormone secretogoblin.
  • Used alongside Tesamorelin to support recovery and body composition.
  • Potential concerns: mild water retention and increased hunger in some people.
• DSIP (300 mcg nightly)

  • A peptide being evaluated for sleep support.
  • Used because I frequently wake up around 3:00 AM.
  • Potential concerns: limited evidence and inconsistent effectiveness.
Weekly

• Tirzepatide (currently tapering)

  • A medication originally developed for diabetes and obesity treatment.
  • It significantly reduces appetite and improves blood sugar regulation.
  • This medication has been a major contributor to my weight loss.
  • Potential concerns: nausea, gastrointestinal issues, excessive appetite suppression, and muscle loss if protein intake and exercise are not maintained.
• Retatrutide (planned transition)

  • A newer metabolic medication similar to Tirzepatide.
  • Being introduced gradually as Tirzepatide is reduced.
  • The goal is improved body composition and metabolic efficiency rather than additional appetite suppression.
  • Potential concerns: similar gastrointestinal effects, elevated heart rate in some users, and limited long-term human data compared to Tirzepatide.
What I Am Not Doing

• I am not using anabolic steroids.

• I am not using narcotics or opioids.

• I am not using recreational drugs.

• I am not using stimulants for weight loss.

• I am not injecting substances to get high or alter my mental state.

The injections are simply the delivery method for many of these compounds because they are proteins or peptides that would be destroyed if taken orally.

Concerns and Risks

I don't view any of these compounds as completely risk-free. Some have strong clinical data behind them, while others have much less research available. I continuously evaluate whether they are providing enough benefit to justify their use.

The biggest concerns identified during my own review of the program are not actually the peptides themselves. The larger concerns are:

• Getting enough sleep.

• Recovering properly from training.

• Avoiding excessive calorie restriction.

• Maintaining muscle mass while continuing to lose fat.

Going forward, the focus will be less on adding more compounds and more on improving lifestyle factors such as sleep, nutrition, daily walking, and cardiovascular fitness.

In short, what you're seeing is not a drug problem. It's a highly structured health and fitness program that uses several injectable compounds as tools to support weight loss, recovery, metabolism, and body composition. The goal is better health, improved fitness, and meeting military standards—not intoxication or escape.

Click to expand...
The harder part is bringing up Reta with my wife, or that peptide that boosts female libido, without getting banished to the couch.
 
miameow said:

This is honestly pretty sweet, and I give you credit for putting in that much work.. but what you really need is a brief, no-fuss TLDR version.. maybe something like..

Sweetheart, this is something I'm doing for the two of us, so I can get a handle on my health and show up as a better husband to you. What I'm injecting is peptides, not drugs or steroids, since they aren't orally bioavailable, the same way insulin isn't. Peptides are basically amino acids and proteins, and as you already know, they show up in cosmetics all over the place too. It would mean a lot if you'd back me on this self-improvement path, and I'd also like to ask you to come along with me on it.
“…would also invite you to join me as well.”

A line that harmless could still get someone, somewhere to fire back with ‘oh, so you’re saying I’m fat?’

Feelings and talking to each other get so tangled. My partner has said over and over that my size doesn’t matter to her, to the point where I’ve had to keep stressing that this is about me and my own comfort, not about me believing SHE thinks I should do it. And all those repeated tries at being supportive were blowing up in our faces, leaving me feeling like she preferred me heavier. That’s definitely something in me and my head, since her intentions are genuinely good.
 
pnewb said:

miameow said:

This is honestly pretty sweet, and I give you credit for putting in that much work.. but what you really need is a brief, no-fuss TLDR version.. maybe something like..

Sweetheart, this is something I'm doing for the two of us, so I can get a handle on my health and show up as a better husband to you. What I'm injecting is peptides, not drugs or steroids, since they aren't orally bioavailable, the same way insulin isn't. Peptides are basically amino acids and proteins, and as you already know, they show up in cosmetics all over the place too. It would mean a lot if you'd back me on this self-improvement path, and I'd also like to ask you to come along with me on it.
“…would also invite you to join me as well.”

A line that harmless could still get someone, somewhere to fire back with ‘oh, so you’re saying I’m fat?’

Feelings and talking to each other get so tangled. My partner has said over and over that my size doesn’t matter to her, to the point where I’ve had to keep stressing that this is about me and my own comfort, not about me believing SHE thinks I should do it. And all those repeated tries at being supportive were blowing up in our faces, leaving me feeling like she preferred me heavier. That’s definitely something in me and my head, since her intentions are genuinely good.
Sure, that can happen. That said, if someone is already in that headspace, they'll manage to read that remark into just about anything — which points to something deeper going on that has to be worked through, and peptides aren't going to fix that. It's good to hear your partner has your back while you sort out what's going on inside.
 
My husband spotted the small pep fridge in my study and wanted to know what it was, so I chose to be honest with him. (he already knew I was on tirz with a prescription). I went ahead and told him the truth, and at this point we're waiting on an order for his own needs. BPC, TB 500 & KPV. Having a shared hobby like this seems like it'll be fun. He was impressed when I mentioned I'd figured out how to use crypto.
 
BBA1969 said:

Out of nowhere my wife wanted to know: if I keeled over tomorrow, would peptides be detected by a routine blood panel? Her worry was that a payout from life insurance could get messed up.

I explained that unless somebody is deliberately testing for research peptides, they won't turn up in standard post-mortem blood work.

From that point on she's been completely on board.
You've sent me spiraling now, looking into peptide testing! I mean, it should be possible, right? Sports organizations ban plenty of them and all that... But when it comes to stuff the body makes on its own anyway (and athletes tend to be super young), what exactly do they test for? Just unusually high levels?
 
BBA1969 said:

Out of nowhere my wife wanted to know: if I keeled over tomorrow, would peptides be detected by a routine blood panel? Her worry was that a payout from life insurance could get messed up.

I explained that unless somebody is deliberately testing for research peptides, they won't turn up in standard post-mortem blood work.

From that point on she's been completely on board.
This woman knows what matters most. 🤣
 
Neurogroot said:

MeanSteve said:


SS-31 (1 mg daily)

Used for mitochondrial support and cellular energy production.

Generally considered low risk.

Potential concerns: injection site irritation and limited long-term human data.

• AOD-9604 (300 mcg daily)

A peptide derived from growth hormone research that is primarily used for fat-loss support.

Does not have the growth-promoting effects associated with growth hormone itself.

Potential concerns: effectiveness varies significantly between individuals.

• MOTS-C (5 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

A mitochondrial peptide used to support metabolism, exercise performance, and insulin sensitivity.

Potential concerns: limited long-term human data.

Click to expand...
Your goals and stack line up really closely with mine! I don't know your age, but I'm 40, and if you take your starting or current weight and add 55 lbs, that puts us almost exactly on the same page, haha.

There are a few pieces of your protocol I'd like to understand better (and just to be clear, this isn't criticism — I'm just curious whether your approach could work better for me as well!)

SS-31, 1 mg daily: my own schedule has been 5 mg 3x week (Mon/Wed/Fri), which comes to 15 mg/week. I wanted to know what's behind using the smaller 1 mg dose more often. For me, I run 10 weeks on, then 6 off. With yours, is it more of a continuous dose level?

AOD-9504: This is one I've been really interested in! Even though there's no direct IGF/GH action here, does it do anything to blood sugar levels or insulin? And does this one call for anything beyond just Hospira?

MOTS-c, 5 mg: Same! I began at 5, but after a semi-popular podcast made me nervous about 5, I bu5 went down to 2.5 mg. The only difference is that I take mine 1 day earlier than you do (Sun/Tues/Thurs). I cycle this together with SS-31. Do you keep yours going continuously?

I also use NAD+ at 100 mg, 4-5x a week, plus low dose oral NR/NMN every day. On top of that, methylated B vitamins and 400 mg TMG. Haven't been tested for it yet — maybe at my next workup — but I want to get my MTHFR status officially. Since adding the supplements, I've definitely felt noticeably better.
I ended up searching for MTHFR because I was curious how someone would even test for it, aside from noticing whether folks steered clear of you on the sidewalk...
 
MeanSteve said:

I played around with ChatGPT for a while about my stack, and once we'd gone back and forth enough, I had it help me put together an explanation for my wife... Here's what it came up with, enjoy.

Over the past several months, I've been working on improving my health, body composition, energy levels, and long-term fitness. When I started this process, I weighed approximately 218 pounds. Today I'm around 179 pounds, I've improved my sleep apnea significantly, increased my protein intake, and established a consistent exercise routine.

Part of that process has included the use of several peptides and metabolic-support compounds. These are not recreational drugs, narcotics, stimulants, or anabolic steroids. Most are substances that mimic or enhance naturally occurring signaling molecules in the body. They are being used as part of a structured health and fitness plan, not for intoxication or euphoria.

My current goals are:

• Reduce my waist measurement further to meet Army body composition standards.

• Preserve muscle while losing fat.

• Improve energy and recovery.

• Improve sleep quality.

• Maintain long-term health and fitness.

Current Protocol

Morning

• SS-31 (1 mg daily)

  • Used for mitochondrial support and cellular energy production.
  • Generally considered low risk.
  • Potential concerns: injection site irritation and limited long-term human data.
• AOD-9604 (300 mcg daily)

  • A peptide derived from growth hormone research that is primarily used for fat-loss support.
  • Does not have the growth-promoting effects associated with growth hormone itself.
  • Potential concerns: effectiveness varies significantly between individuals.
• MOTS-C (5 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

  • A mitochondrial peptide used to support metabolism, exercise performance, and insulin sensitivity.
  • Potential concerns: limited long-term human data.
• NAD+ (100 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

  • A naturally occurring molecule involved in cellular energy production.
  • Used to support recovery and mitochondrial function.
  • Potential concerns: injection discomfort and limited evidence for some claimed benefits.
Night

• Tesamorelin (1 mg nightly)

  • A growth hormone releasing hormone analogue.
  • Used primarily to reduce abdominal fat while preserving lean body mass.
  • Potential concerns: increased IGF-1 levels, fluid retention, and possible effects on blood sugar in some individuals.
• Ipamorelin (250 mcg nightly)

  • A growth hormone secretogoblin.
  • Used alongside Tesamorelin to support recovery and body composition.
  • Potential concerns: mild water retention and increased hunger in some people.
• DSIP (300 mcg nightly)

  • A peptide being evaluated for sleep support.
  • Used because I frequently wake up around 3:00 AM.
  • Potential concerns: limited evidence and inconsistent effectiveness.
Weekly

• Tirzepatide (currently tapering)

  • A medication originally developed for diabetes and obesity treatment.
  • It significantly reduces appetite and improves blood sugar regulation.
  • This medication has been a major contributor to my weight loss.
  • Potential concerns: nausea, gastrointestinal issues, excessive appetite suppression, and muscle loss if protein intake and exercise are not maintained.
• Retatrutide (planned transition)

  • A newer metabolic medication similar to Tirzepatide.
  • Being introduced gradually as Tirzepatide is reduced.
  • The goal is improved body composition and metabolic efficiency rather than additional appetite suppression.
  • Potential concerns: similar gastrointestinal effects, elevated heart rate in some users, and limited long-term human data compared to Tirzepatide.
What I Am Not Doing

• I am not using anabolic steroids.

• I am not using narcotics or opioids.

• I am not using recreational drugs.

• I am not using stimulants for weight loss.

• I am not injecting substances to get high or alter my mental state.

The injections are simply the delivery method for many of these compounds because they are proteins or peptides that would be destroyed if taken orally.

Concerns and Risks

I don't view any of these compounds as completely risk-free. Some have strong clinical data behind them, while others have much less research available. I continuously evaluate whether they are providing enough benefit to justify their use.

The biggest concerns identified during my own review of the program are not actually the peptides themselves. The larger concerns are:

• Getting enough sleep.

• Recovering properly from training.

• Avoiding excessive calorie restriction.

• Maintaining muscle mass while continuing to lose fat.

Going forward, the focus will be less on adding more compounds and more on improving lifestyle factors such as sleep, nutrition, daily walking, and cardiovascular fitness.

In short, what you're seeing is not a drug problem. It's a highly structured health and fitness program that uses several injectable compounds as tools to support weight loss, recovery, metabolism, and body composition. The goal is better health, improved fitness, and meeting military standards—not intoxication or escape.

Click to expand...
My spouse and I look into things side by side. Give it a shot. On top of that, switch up the daily routines YESTERDAY, since those stick around way longer than what the pep gives you. The peps might assist in getting you to that point, but they won't maintain it if those habits aren't sorted out.

Have fun, and prayers sent up for ongoing progress plus a joyful marriage!
 
Whenever my wife brings it up, I just say: "what did I tell you about my business, that it's none of your business."

That seems to do the trick. She stopped asking...and stopped everything else too...
 
reta-stacker said:

Neurogroot said:

MeanSteve said:


SS-31 (1 mg daily)

Used for mitochondrial support and cellular energy production.

Generally considered low risk.

Potential concerns: injection site irritation and limited long-term human data.

• AOD-9604 (300 mcg daily)

A peptide derived from growth hormone research that is primarily used for fat-loss support.

Does not have the growth-promoting effects associated with growth hormone itself.

Potential concerns: effectiveness varies significantly between individuals.

• MOTS-C (5 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

A mitochondrial peptide used to support metabolism, exercise performance, and insulin sensitivity.

Potential concerns: limited long-term human data.

Click to expand...
Your goals and stack line up really closely with mine! I don't know your age, but I'm 40, and if you take your starting or current weight and add 55 lbs, that puts us almost exactly on the same page, haha.

There are a few pieces of your protocol I'd like to understand better (and just to be clear, this isn't criticism — I'm just curious whether your approach could work better for me as well!)

SS-31, 1 mg daily: my own schedule has been 5 mg 3x week (Mon/Wed/Fri), which comes to 15 mg/week. I wanted to know what's behind using the smaller 1 mg dose more often. For me, I run 10 weeks on, then 6 off. With yours, is it more of a continuous dose level?

AOD-9504: This is one I've been really interested in! Even though there's no direct IGF/GH action here, does it do anything to blood sugar levels or insulin? And does this one call for anything beyond just Hospira?

MOTS-c, 5 mg: Same! I began at 5, but after a semi-popular podcast made me nervous about 5, I bu5 went down to 2.5 mg. The only difference is that I take mine 1 day earlier than you do (Sun/Tues/Thurs). I cycle this together with SS-31. Do you keep yours going continuously?

I also use NAD+ at 100 mg, 4-5x a week, plus low dose oral NR/NMN every day. On top of that, methylated B vitamins and 400 mg TMG. Haven't been tested for it yet — maybe at my next workup — but I want to get my MTHFR status officially. Since adding the supplements, I've definitely felt noticeably better.
I ended up searching for MTHFR because I was curious how someone would even test for it, aside from noticing whether folks steered clear of you on the sidewalk...
If only I could figure out how to use emojis beyond the thumbs up, since this made me burst out laughing right here on my flight, haha
 
MeanSteve said:

I played around with ChatGPT for a while about my stack, and once we'd gone back and forth enough, I had it help me put together an explanation for my wife... Here's what it came up with, enjoy.

Over the past several months, I've been working on improving my health, body composition, energy levels, and long-term fitness. When I started this process, I weighed approximately 218 pounds. Today I'm around 179 pounds, I've improved my sleep apnea significantly, increased my protein intake, and established a consistent exercise routine.

Part of that process has included the use of several peptides and metabolic-support compounds. These are not recreational drugs, narcotics, stimulants, or anabolic steroids. Most are substances that mimic or enhance naturally occurring signaling molecules in the body. They are being used as part of a structured health and fitness plan, not for intoxication or euphoria.

My current goals are:

• Reduce my waist measurement further to meet Army body composition standards.

• Preserve muscle while losing fat.

• Improve energy and recovery.

• Improve sleep quality.

• Maintain long-term health and fitness.

Current Protocol

Morning

• SS-31 (1 mg daily)

  • Used for mitochondrial support and cellular energy production.
  • Generally considered low risk.
  • Potential concerns: injection site irritation and limited long-term human data.
• AOD-9604 (300 mcg daily)

  • A peptide derived from growth hormone research that is primarily used for fat-loss support.
  • Does not have the growth-promoting effects associated with growth hormone itself.
  • Potential concerns: effectiveness varies significantly between individuals.
• MOTS-C (5 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

  • A mitochondrial peptide used to support metabolism, exercise performance, and insulin sensitivity.
  • Potential concerns: limited long-term human data.
• NAD+ (100 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

  • A naturally occurring molecule involved in cellular energy production.
  • Used to support recovery and mitochondrial function.
  • Potential concerns: injection discomfort and limited evidence for some claimed benefits.
Night

• Tesamorelin (1 mg nightly)

  • A growth hormone releasing hormone analogue.
  • Used primarily to reduce abdominal fat while preserving lean body mass.
  • Potential concerns: increased IGF-1 levels, fluid retention, and possible effects on blood sugar in some individuals.
• Ipamorelin (250 mcg nightly)

  • A growth hormone secretogoblin.
  • Used alongside Tesamorelin to support recovery and body composition.
  • Potential concerns: mild water retention and increased hunger in some people.
• DSIP (300 mcg nightly)

  • A peptide being evaluated for sleep support.
  • Used because I frequently wake up around 3:00 AM.
  • Potential concerns: limited evidence and inconsistent effectiveness.
Weekly

• Tirzepatide (currently tapering)

  • A medication originally developed for diabetes and obesity treatment.
  • It significantly reduces appetite and improves blood sugar regulation.
  • This medication has been a major contributor to my weight loss.
  • Potential concerns: nausea, gastrointestinal issues, excessive appetite suppression, and muscle loss if protein intake and exercise are not maintained.
• Retatrutide (planned transition)

  • A newer metabolic medication similar to Tirzepatide.
  • Being introduced gradually as Tirzepatide is reduced.
  • The goal is improved body composition and metabolic efficiency rather than additional appetite suppression.
  • Potential concerns: similar gastrointestinal effects, elevated heart rate in some users, and limited long-term human data compared to Tirzepatide.
What I Am Not Doing

• I am not using anabolic steroids.

• I am not using narcotics or opioids.

• I am not using recreational drugs.

• I am not using stimulants for weight loss.

• I am not injecting substances to get high or alter my mental state.

The injections are simply the delivery method for many of these compounds because they are proteins or peptides that would be destroyed if taken orally.

Concerns and Risks

I don't view any of these compounds as completely risk-free. Some have strong clinical data behind them, while others have much less research available. I continuously evaluate whether they are providing enough benefit to justify their use.

The biggest concerns identified during my own review of the program are not actually the peptides themselves. The larger concerns are:

• Getting enough sleep.

• Recovering properly from training.

• Avoiding excessive calorie restriction.

• Maintaining muscle mass while continuing to lose fat.

Going forward, the focus will be less on adding more compounds and more on improving lifestyle factors such as sleep, nutrition, daily walking, and cardiovascular fitness.

In short, what you're seeing is not a drug problem. It's a highly structured health and fitness program that uses several injectable compounds as tools to support weight loss, recovery, metabolism, and body composition. The goal is better health, improved fitness, and meeting military standards—not intoxication or escape.

Click to expand...
Talking it over with my wife was not exactly smooth, either. For 13 years I have stayed clean and sober, and here I was attempting to describe to her that I would be giving myself a shot every day. The fact that the injection goes into the stomach made no difference to her. What she actually took away from my explanation, I can only guess, lol. Getting her to come around and really get it took some time. These days she is completely on board, but there was a stretch where things got a little delicate, lol. An essay might have been the smarter move 😂
 
doinstuffright said:

MeanSteve said:

I played around with ChatGPT for a while about my stack, and once we'd gone back and forth enough, I had it help me put together an explanation for my wife... Here's what it came up with, enjoy.

Over the past several months, I've been working on improving my health, body composition, energy levels, and long-term fitness. When I started this process, I weighed approximately 218 pounds. Today I'm around 179 pounds, I've improved my sleep apnea significantly, increased my protein intake, and established a consistent exercise routine.

Part of that process has included the use of several peptides and metabolic-support compounds. These are not recreational drugs, narcotics, stimulants, or anabolic steroids. Most are substances that mimic or enhance naturally occurring signaling molecules in the body. They are being used as part of a structured health and fitness plan, not for intoxication or euphoria.

My current goals are:

• Reduce my waist measurement further to meet Army body composition standards.

• Preserve muscle while losing fat.

• Improve energy and recovery.

• Improve sleep quality.

• Maintain long-term health and fitness.

Current Protocol

Morning

• SS-31 (1 mg daily)

  • Used for mitochondrial support and cellular energy production.
  • Generally considered low risk.
  • Potential concerns: injection site irritation and limited long-term human data.
• AOD-9604 (300 mcg daily)

  • A peptide derived from growth hormone research that is primarily used for fat-loss support.
  • Does not have the growth-promoting effects associated with growth hormone itself.
  • Potential concerns: effectiveness varies significantly between individuals.
• MOTS-C (5 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

  • A mitochondrial peptide used to support metabolism, exercise performance, and insulin sensitivity.
  • Potential concerns: limited long-term human data.
• NAD+ (100 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

  • A naturally occurring molecule involved in cellular energy production.
  • Used to support recovery and mitochondrial function.
  • Potential concerns: injection discomfort and limited evidence for some claimed benefits.
Night

• Tesamorelin (1 mg nightly)

  • A growth hormone releasing hormone analogue.
  • Used primarily to reduce abdominal fat while preserving lean body mass.
  • Potential concerns: increased IGF-1 levels, fluid retention, and possible effects on blood sugar in some individuals.
• Ipamorelin (250 mcg nightly)

  • A growth hormone secretogoblin.
  • Used alongside Tesamorelin to support recovery and body composition.
  • Potential concerns: mild water retention and increased hunger in some people.
• DSIP (300 mcg nightly)

  • A peptide being evaluated for sleep support.
  • Used because I frequently wake up around 3:00 AM.
  • Potential concerns: limited evidence and inconsistent effectiveness.
Weekly

• Tirzepatide (currently tapering)

  • A medication originally developed for diabetes and obesity treatment.
  • It significantly reduces appetite and improves blood sugar regulation.
  • This medication has been a major contributor to my weight loss.
  • Potential concerns: nausea, gastrointestinal issues, excessive appetite suppression, and muscle loss if protein intake and exercise are not maintained.
• Retatrutide (planned transition)

  • A newer metabolic medication similar to Tirzepatide.
  • Being introduced gradually as Tirzepatide is reduced.
  • The goal is improved body composition and metabolic efficiency rather than additional appetite suppression.
  • Potential concerns: similar gastrointestinal effects, elevated heart rate in some users, and limited long-term human data compared to Tirzepatide.
What I Am Not Doing

• I am not using anabolic steroids.

• I am not using narcotics or opioids.

• I am not using recreational drugs.

• I am not using stimulants for weight loss.

• I am not injecting substances to get high or alter my mental state.

The injections are simply the delivery method for many of these compounds because they are proteins or peptides that would be destroyed if taken orally.

Concerns and Risks

I don't view any of these compounds as completely risk-free. Some have strong clinical data behind them, while others have much less research available. I continuously evaluate whether they are providing enough benefit to justify their use.

The biggest concerns identified during my own review of the program are not actually the peptides themselves. The larger concerns are:

• Getting enough sleep.

• Recovering properly from training.

• Avoiding excessive calorie restriction.

• Maintaining muscle mass while continuing to lose fat.

Going forward, the focus will be less on adding more compounds and more on improving lifestyle factors such as sleep, nutrition, daily walking, and cardiovascular fitness.

In short, what you're seeing is not a drug problem. It's a highly structured health and fitness program that uses several injectable compounds as tools to support weight loss, recovery, metabolism, and body composition. The goal is better health, improved fitness, and meeting military standards—not intoxication or escape.

Click to expand...
Talking it over with my wife was not exactly smooth, either. For 13 years I have stayed clean and sober, and here I was attempting to describe to her that I would be giving myself a shot every day. The fact that the injection goes into the stomach made no difference to her. What she actually took away from my explanation, I can only guess, lol. Getting her to come around and really get it took some time. These days she is completely on board, but there was a stretch where things got a little delicate, lol. An essay might have been the smarter move 😂
When I made my earliest peptide purchases, they were for compounds I already knew well. Back then, my labels were plain white, sized 14x40 mm, printed in black, showing the peptide name plus the mg per vial, with a dash in between. I felt really pleased with myself! Naturally, my wife noticed…

Semax-10

NAD-100.

I rushed to say it wasn’t what it seemed (does that line ever come out sounding innocent?)

These days, she trusts that I’ve looked into what I’m using properly. She knows harm reduction matters to me. I can’t picture how much you must have had to explain! I didn’t know much about IV routes before, and never realized the same needles used for peps “can” sometimes be used for that. I picked up a quick lesson through some of the harm reduction work I’ve been part of.

Congrats on the 13 years, the wife having, and wellness journey!
 
Neurogroot said:

doinstuffright said:

MeanSteve said:

I played around with ChatGPT for a while about my stack, and once we'd gone back and forth enough, I had it help me put together an explanation for my wife... Here's what it came up with, enjoy.

Over the past several months, I've been working on improving my health, body composition, energy levels, and long-term fitness. When I started this process, I weighed approximately 218 pounds. Today I'm around 179 pounds, I've improved my sleep apnea significantly, increased my protein intake, and established a consistent exercise routine.

Part of that process has included the use of several peptides and metabolic-support compounds. These are not recreational drugs, narcotics, stimulants, or anabolic steroids. Most are substances that mimic or enhance naturally occurring signaling molecules in the body. They are being used as part of a structured health and fitness plan, not for intoxication or euphoria.

My current goals are:

• Reduce my waist measurement further to meet Army body composition standards.

• Preserve muscle while losing fat.

• Improve energy and recovery.

• Improve sleep quality.

• Maintain long-term health and fitness.

Current Protocol

Morning

• SS-31 (1 mg daily)

  • Used for mitochondrial support and cellular energy production.
  • Generally considered low risk.
  • Potential concerns: injection site irritation and limited long-term human data.
• AOD-9604 (300 mcg daily)

  • A peptide derived from growth hormone research that is primarily used for fat-loss support.
  • Does not have the growth-promoting effects associated with growth hormone itself.
  • Potential concerns: effectiveness varies significantly between individuals.
• MOTS-C (5 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

  • A mitochondrial peptide used to support metabolism, exercise performance, and insulin sensitivity.
  • Potential concerns: limited long-term human data.
• NAD+ (100 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

  • A naturally occurring molecule involved in cellular energy production.
  • Used to support recovery and mitochondrial function.
  • Potential concerns: injection discomfort and limited evidence for some claimed benefits.
Night

• Tesamorelin (1 mg nightly)

  • A growth hormone releasing hormone analogue.
  • Used primarily to reduce abdominal fat while preserving lean body mass.
  • Potential concerns: increased IGF-1 levels, fluid retention, and possible effects on blood sugar in some individuals.
• Ipamorelin (250 mcg nightly)

  • A growth hormone secretogoblin.
  • Used alongside Tesamorelin to support recovery and body composition.
  • Potential concerns: mild water retention and increased hunger in some people.
• DSIP (300 mcg nightly)

  • A peptide being evaluated for sleep support.
  • Used because I frequently wake up around 3:00 AM.
  • Potential concerns: limited evidence and inconsistent effectiveness.
Weekly

• Tirzepatide (currently tapering)

  • A medication originally developed for diabetes and obesity treatment.
  • It significantly reduces appetite and improves blood sugar regulation.
  • This medication has been a major contributor to my weight loss.
  • Potential concerns: nausea, gastrointestinal issues, excessive appetite suppression, and muscle loss if protein intake and exercise are not maintained.
• Retatrutide (planned transition)

  • A newer metabolic medication similar to Tirzepatide.
  • Being introduced gradually as Tirzepatide is reduced.
  • The goal is improved body composition and metabolic efficiency rather than additional appetite suppression.
  • Potential concerns: similar gastrointestinal effects, elevated heart rate in some users, and limited long-term human data compared to Tirzepatide.
What I Am Not Doing

• I am not using anabolic steroids.

• I am not using narcotics or opioids.

• I am not using recreational drugs.

• I am not using stimulants for weight loss.

• I am not injecting substances to get high or alter my mental state.

The injections are simply the delivery method for many of these compounds because they are proteins or peptides that would be destroyed if taken orally.

Concerns and Risks

I don't view any of these compounds as completely risk-free. Some have strong clinical data behind them, while others have much less research available. I continuously evaluate whether they are providing enough benefit to justify their use.

The biggest concerns identified during my own review of the program are not actually the peptides themselves. The larger concerns are:

• Getting enough sleep.

• Recovering properly from training.

• Avoiding excessive calorie restriction.

• Maintaining muscle mass while continuing to lose fat.

Going forward, the focus will be less on adding more compounds and more on improving lifestyle factors such as sleep, nutrition, daily walking, and cardiovascular fitness.

In short, what you're seeing is not a drug problem. It's a highly structured health and fitness program that uses several injectable compounds as tools to support weight loss, recovery, metabolism, and body composition. The goal is better health, improved fitness, and meeting military standards—not intoxication or escape.

Click to expand...
Talking it over with my wife was not exactly smooth, either. For 13 years I have stayed clean and sober, and here I was attempting to describe to her that I would be giving myself a shot every day. The fact that the injection goes into the stomach made no difference to her. What she actually took away from my explanation, I can only guess, lol. Getting her to come around and really get it took some time. These days she is completely on board, but there was a stretch where things got a little delicate, lol. An essay might have been the smarter move 😂
When I made my earliest peptide purchases, they were for compounds I already knew well. Back then, my labels were plain white, sized 14x40 mm, printed in black, showing the peptide name plus the mg per vial, with a dash in between. I felt really pleased with myself! Naturally, my wife noticed…

Semax-10

NAD-100.

I rushed to say it wasn’t what it seemed (does that line ever come out sounding innocent?)

These days, she trusts that I’ve looked into what I’m using properly. She knows harm reduction matters to me. I can’t picture how much you must have had to explain! I didn’t know much about IV routes before, and never realized the same needles used for peps “can” sometimes be used for that. I picked up a quick lesson through some of the harm reduction work I’ve been part of.

Congrats on the 13 years, the wife having, and wellness journey!
Much appreciated! Yeah, it is kind of funny. Those are the same needles I've used, well, for other purposes. But the life I've got now is so great that it doesn't even cross my mind. That old life doesn't feel real to me at all anymore. Wishing you a blessed day. Keep doing the good work on harm reduction! I'm also in the recovery field. More than 10 years at this point.
 
Here the roles are flipped. Every part of the process is mine: researching, handling crypto, ordering, reconstituting, filling pens, and lastly putting a label on the pen that lists the dosing. He uses 3 different peps, while I use 5. I've gone over what each pep he takes is meant for, and he just goes along with it. When he spots me with my daily pile of pens, he gives me a sideways look, but since he knows how thoroughly I've researched, he keeps quiet. Once the peps made a difference for him, he became completely supportive, and now I'm just waiting for him to want to dip into my stash of favorites (he's been dropping a lot of hints about the MT1)
 
Neurogroot said:

BBA1969 said:

Out of nowhere my wife wanted to know: if I keeled over tomorrow, would peptides be detected by a routine blood panel? Her worry was that a payout from life insurance could get messed up.

I explained that unless somebody is deliberately testing for research peptides, they won't turn up in standard post-mortem blood work.

From that point on she's been completely on board.
You've sent me spiraling now, looking into peptide testing! I mean, it should be possible, right? Sports organizations ban plenty of them and all that... But when it comes to stuff the body makes on its own anyway (and athletes tend to be super young), what exactly do they test for? Just unusually high levels?
If they only ask about how I used to live, it made sense to assume I'd be gone before 60. Nobody would even look into it 😅
 
Neurogroot said:

reta-stacker said:

Neurogroot said:

MeanSteve said:


SS-31 (1 mg daily)

Used for mitochondrial support and cellular energy production.

Generally considered low risk.

Potential concerns: injection site irritation and limited long-term human data.

• AOD-9604 (300 mcg daily)

A peptide derived from growth hormone research that is primarily used for fat-loss support.

Does not have the growth-promoting effects associated with growth hormone itself.

Potential concerns: effectiveness varies significantly between individuals.

• MOTS-C (5 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

A mitochondrial peptide used to support metabolism, exercise performance, and insulin sensitivity.

Potential concerns: limited long-term human data.

Click to expand...
Your goals and stack line up really closely with mine! I don't know your age, but I'm 40, and if you take your starting or current weight and add 55 lbs, that puts us almost exactly on the same page, haha.

There are a few pieces of your protocol I'd like to understand better (and just to be clear, this isn't criticism — I'm just curious whether your approach could work better for me as well!)

SS-31, 1 mg daily: my own schedule has been 5 mg 3x week (Mon/Wed/Fri), which comes to 15 mg/week. I wanted to know what's behind using the smaller 1 mg dose more often. For me, I run 10 weeks on, then 6 off. With yours, is it more of a continuous dose level?

AOD-9504: This is one I've been really interested in! Even though there's no direct IGF/GH action here, does it do anything to blood sugar levels or insulin? And does this one call for anything beyond just Hospira?

MOTS-c, 5 mg: Same! I began at 5, but after a semi-popular podcast made me nervous about 5, I bu5 went down to 2.5 mg. The only difference is that I take mine 1 day earlier than you do (Sun/Tues/Thurs). I cycle this together with SS-31. Do you keep yours going continuously?

I also use NAD+ at 100 mg, 4-5x a week, plus low dose oral NR/NMN every day. On top of that, methylated B vitamins and 400 mg TMG. Haven't been tested for it yet — maybe at my next workup — but I want to get my MTHFR status officially. Since adding the supplements, I've definitely felt noticeably better.
I ended up searching for MTHFR because I was curious how someone would even test for it, aside from noticing whether folks steered clear of you on the sidewalk...
If only I could figure out how to use emojis beyond the thumbs up, since this made me burst out laughing right here on my flight, haha
On my phone, pressing and holding the like button does the trick for me
 
reta-stacker said:

Neurogroot said:

MeanSteve said:


SS-31 (1 mg daily)

Used for mitochondrial support and cellular energy production.

Generally considered low risk.

Potential concerns: injection site irritation and limited long-term human data.

• AOD-9604 (300 mcg daily)

A peptide derived from growth hormone research that is primarily used for fat-loss support.

Does not have the growth-promoting effects associated with growth hormone itself.

Potential concerns: effectiveness varies significantly between individuals.

• MOTS-C (5 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

A mitochondrial peptide used to support metabolism, exercise performance, and insulin sensitivity.

Potential concerns: limited long-term human data.

Click to expand...
Your goals and stack line up really closely with mine! I don't know your age, but I'm 40, and if you take your starting or current weight and add 55 lbs, that puts us almost exactly on the same page, haha.

There are a few pieces of your protocol I'd like to understand better (and just to be clear, this isn't criticism — I'm just curious whether your approach could work better for me as well!)

SS-31, 1 mg daily: my own schedule has been 5 mg 3x week (Mon/Wed/Fri), which comes to 15 mg/week. I wanted to know what's behind using the smaller 1 mg dose more often. For me, I run 10 weeks on, then 6 off. With yours, is it more of a continuous dose level?

AOD-9504: This is one I've been really interested in! Even though there's no direct IGF/GH action here, does it do anything to blood sugar levels or insulin? And does this one call for anything beyond just Hospira?

MOTS-c, 5 mg: Same! I began at 5, but after a semi-popular podcast made me nervous about 5, I bu5 went down to 2.5 mg. The only difference is that I take mine 1 day earlier than you do (Sun/Tues/Thurs). I cycle this together with SS-31. Do you keep yours going continuously?

I also use NAD+ at 100 mg, 4-5x a week, plus low dose oral NR/NMN every day. On top of that, methylated B vitamins and 400 mg TMG. Haven't been tested for it yet — maybe at my next workup — but I want to get my MTHFR status officially. Since adding the supplements, I've definitely felt noticeably better.
I ended up searching for MTHFR because I was curious how someone would even test for it, aside from noticing whether folks steered clear of you on the sidewalk...
Same here — I figured it was short for mother fucker.
 
Lyzzz said:

Neurogroot said:

reta-stacker said:

Neurogroot said:

MeanSteve said:


SS-31 (1 mg daily)

Used for mitochondrial support and cellular energy production.

Generally considered low risk.

Potential concerns: injection site irritation and limited long-term human data.

• AOD-9604 (300 mcg daily)

A peptide derived from growth hormone research that is primarily used for fat-loss support.

Does not have the growth-promoting effects associated with growth hormone itself.

Potential concerns: effectiveness varies significantly between individuals.

• MOTS-C (5 mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

A mitochondrial peptide used to support metabolism, exercise performance, and insulin sensitivity.

Potential concerns: limited long-term human data.

Click to expand...
Your goals and stack line up really closely with mine! I don't know your age, but I'm 40, and if you take your starting or current weight and add 55 lbs, that puts us almost exactly on the same page, haha.

There are a few pieces of your protocol I'd like to understand better (and just to be clear, this isn't criticism — I'm just curious whether your approach could work better for me as well!)

SS-31, 1 mg daily: my own schedule has been 5 mg 3x week (Mon/Wed/Fri), which comes to 15 mg/week. I wanted to know what's behind using the smaller 1 mg dose more often. For me, I run 10 weeks on, then 6 off. With yours, is it more of a continuous dose level?

AOD-9504: This is one I've been really interested in! Even though there's no direct IGF/GH action here, does it do anything to blood sugar levels or insulin? And does this one call for anything beyond just Hospira?

MOTS-c, 5 mg: Same! I began at 5, but after a semi-popular podcast made me nervous about 5, I bu5 went down to 2.5 mg. The only difference is that I take mine 1 day earlier than you do (Sun/Tues/Thurs). I cycle this together with SS-31. Do you keep yours going continuously?

I also use NAD+ at 100 mg, 4-5x a week, plus low dose oral NR/NMN every day. On top of that, methylated B vitamins and 400 mg TMG. Haven't been tested for it yet — maybe at my next workup — but I want to get my MTHFR status officially. Since adding the supplements, I've definitely felt noticeably better.
I ended up searching for MTHFR because I was curious how someone would even test for it, aside from noticing whether folks steered clear of you on the sidewalk...
If only I could figure out how to use emojis beyond the thumbs up, since this made me burst out laughing right here on my flight, haha
On my phone, pressing and holding the like button does the trick for me
On the phone the only thing I can do is give a thumbs up. If you're on a computer, all the ones are available.
 
Back
Top