My experience as a new pen user w KLOW

ColdBubbles

Explorer
Joined
Nov 12, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Location
Tennessee, USA
I got the chance not long ago to use a V2 peptide pen for my KLOW, dosing it 5 days each week, and figured sharing how my first month went could be useful for anyone thinking about going the pen route. YMMV!!!

The pen I received was a standard generic V2 from amazon, priced at $39. I bought sterile 3ml cartridges plus a box of 32g pen tips. Since I'm using it for KLOW80, I chose the 8mm length, because with KLOW I've noticed longer needles give me less ISR. If GLP-1s were what I was dosing, I'd go with 6mm tips.

Testing the dosing accuracy was the very first thing I did. Generic pens have a reputation for being notoriously inaccurate, so I figured a test was worthwhile. I used BAC water for the test, though looking back, plain water would probably have worked too. YouTube has plenty of videos showing how to test, but my approach was simpler: fill the cartridge with 2ml water using a luer-lock syringe, attach a tip, hold the pen pointing straight up, purge all the air until liquid began emerging from the tip, then take the tip off. After that I put an insulin syringe into the cartridge tip, dialed the dose, and injected into the syringe to measure what was dispensed. I checked a number of different doses, and on every setting my particular pen came out within 1/2 unit of accuracy. Satisfied with my dosing accuracy, I threw out that cartridge, loaded a fresh one with my KLOW80, purged the air, sterilized, and I was all set!

First off, that 32g needle is unbelievably pain-free! At first I wasn't even sure the injection had happened. I truly felt nothing going in, not even the slightest pinch. For my reta I use 31g insulin needles, and those are pretty good, but the smaller needle plus not having to pierce the vial with it first makes a huge difference. With KLOW via syringe, I typically used to get a very slight ISR as a faint one-inch reddish circle (bruise?) that took several days to fade. With the pen, I get that circle only about half the time, and it fades within a day or two.

Temperature was the next thing I tackled. Bringing an entire cartridge of peptides to room temp 5 times a week didn't appeal to me for obvious reasons, so I tested how well I tolerated cold injections. My starting point was leaving it out for 8 minutes, then I cut the time by 2 minutes daily. In the end the cooler temps didn't bother me even slightly, and these days I inject straight from the fridge. Worth noting: I'm among the lucky ones who don't feel the "spicy" burn of GHK-cu, so your experience may be different. What I'm getting at is that testing your own tolerance in stages is easy.

Last, my take on auto-inject versus manual inject pens such as the V2. Spring-loaded auto pens are something I personally do NOT like. The Wegovy auto-pens are the only ones I've used, but the spring action just freaks me out. I prefer the control of a plunger I can push at whatever rate I want. That's what the V2 pens let you do.
 
ColdBubbles said:

I got the chance not long ago to use a V2 peptide pen for my KLOW, dosing it 5 days each week, and figured sharing how my first month went could be useful for anyone thinking about going the pen route. YMMV!!!

The pen I received was a standard generic V2 from amazon, priced at $39. I bought sterile 3ml cartridges plus a box of 32g pen tips. Since I'm using it for KLOW80, I chose the 8mm length, because with KLOW I've noticed longer needles give me less ISR. If GLP-1s were what I was dosing, I'd go with 6mm tips.

Testing the dosing accuracy was the very first thing I did. Generic pens have a reputation for being notoriously inaccurate, so I figured a test was worthwhile. I used BAC water for the test, though looking back, plain water would probably have worked too. YouTube has plenty of videos showing how to test, but my approach was simpler: fill the cartridge with 2ml water using a luer-lock syringe, attach a tip, hold the pen pointing straight up, purge all the air until liquid began emerging from the tip, then take the tip off. After that I put an insulin syringe into the cartridge tip, dialed the dose, and injected into the syringe to measure what was dispensed. I checked a number of different doses, and on every setting my particular pen came out within 1/2 unit of accuracy. Satisfied with my dosing accuracy, I threw out that cartridge, loaded a fresh one with my KLOW80, purged the air, sterilized, and I was all set!

First off, that 32g needle is unbelievably pain-free! At first I wasn't even sure the injection had happened. I truly felt nothing going in, not even the slightest pinch. For my reta I use 31g insulin needles, and those are pretty good, but the smaller needle plus not having to pierce the vial with it first makes a huge difference. With KLOW via syringe, I typically used to get a very slight ISR as a faint one-inch reddish circle (bruise?) that took several days to fade. With the pen, I get that circle only about half the time, and it fades within a day or two.

Temperature was the next thing I tackled. Bringing an entire cartridge of peptides to room temp 5 times a week didn't appeal to me for obvious reasons, so I tested how well I tolerated cold injections. My starting point was leaving it out for 8 minutes, then I cut the time by 2 minutes daily. In the end the cooler temps didn't bother me even slightly, and these days I inject straight from the fridge. Worth noting: I'm among the lucky ones who don't feel the "spicy" burn of GHK-cu, so your experience may be different. What I'm getting at is that testing your own tolerance in stages is easy.

Last, my take on auto-inject versus manual inject pens such as the V2. Spring-loaded auto pens are something I personally do NOT like. The Wegovy auto-pens are the only ones I've used, but the spring action just freaks me out. I prefer the control of a plunger I can push at whatever rate I want. That's what the V2 pens let you do.
What a comprehensive and in-depth guide/review—I love it! It's great to hear you're getting on well with your pen 🙂 and I'm VERY happy it came to you at no cost, because $39 is a LOT for a V2! (If this came through the Vine program, count me jealous…the only things I ever spot are party decor kits and machine parts.)

I'm also just starting out with pens—I've taken to them so much that I worry my insulin syringes will end up collecting dust!
 
ColdBubbles said:

I got the chance not long ago to use a V2 peptide pen for my KLOW, dosing it 5 days each week, and figured sharing how my first month went could be useful for anyone thinking about going the pen route. YMMV!!!

The pen I received was a standard generic V2 from amazon, priced at $39. I bought sterile 3ml cartridges plus a box of 32g pen tips. Since I'm using it for KLOW80, I chose the 8mm length, because with KLOW I've noticed longer needles give me less ISR. If GLP-1s were what I was dosing, I'd go with 6mm tips.

Testing the dosing accuracy was the very first thing I did. Generic pens have a reputation for being notoriously inaccurate, so I figured a test was worthwhile. I used BAC water for the test, though looking back, plain water would probably have worked too. YouTube has plenty of videos showing how to test, but my approach was simpler: fill the cartridge with 2ml water using a luer-lock syringe, attach a tip, hold the pen pointing straight up, purge all the air until liquid began emerging from the tip, then take the tip off. After that I put an insulin syringe into the cartridge tip, dialed the dose, and injected into the syringe to measure what was dispensed. I checked a number of different doses, and on every setting my particular pen came out within 1/2 unit of accuracy. Satisfied with my dosing accuracy, I threw out that cartridge, loaded a fresh one with my KLOW80, purged the air, sterilized, and I was all set!

First off, that 32g needle is unbelievably pain-free! At first I wasn't even sure the injection had happened. I truly felt nothing going in, not even the slightest pinch. For my reta I use 31g insulin needles, and those are pretty good, but the smaller needle plus not having to pierce the vial with it first makes a huge difference. With KLOW via syringe, I typically used to get a very slight ISR as a faint one-inch reddish circle (bruise?) that took several days to fade. With the pen, I get that circle only about half the time, and it fades within a day or two.

Temperature was the next thing I tackled. Bringing an entire cartridge of peptides to room temp 5 times a week didn't appeal to me for obvious reasons, so I tested how well I tolerated cold injections. My starting point was leaving it out for 8 minutes, then I cut the time by 2 minutes daily. In the end the cooler temps didn't bother me even slightly, and these days I inject straight from the fridge. Worth noting: I'm among the lucky ones who don't feel the "spicy" burn of GHK-cu, so your experience may be different. What I'm getting at is that testing your own tolerance in stages is easy.

Last, my take on auto-inject versus manual inject pens such as the V2. Spring-loaded auto pens are something I personally do NOT like. The Wegovy auto-pens are the only ones I've used, but the spring action just freaks me out. I prefer the control of a plunger I can push at whatever rate I want. That's what the V2 pens let you do.
That was a really thorough write-up. For a few weeks I’ve been looking into pens, and I couldn’t decide if trying them was worth it. Now I think I’ll go ahead and give them a try.
 
HouseCat said:

ColdBubbles said:

I got the chance not long ago to use a V2 peptide pen for my KLOW, dosing it 5 days each week, and figured sharing how my first month went could be useful for anyone thinking about going the pen route. YMMV!!!

The pen I received was a standard generic V2 from amazon, priced at $39. I bought sterile 3ml cartridges plus a box of 32g pen tips. Since I'm using it for KLOW80, I chose the 8mm length, because with KLOW I've noticed longer needles give me less ISR. If GLP-1s were what I was dosing, I'd go with 6mm tips.

Testing the dosing accuracy was the very first thing I did. Generic pens have a reputation for being notoriously inaccurate, so I figured a test was worthwhile. I used BAC water for the test, though looking back, plain water would probably have worked too. YouTube has plenty of videos showing how to test, but my approach was simpler: fill the cartridge with 2ml water using a luer-lock syringe, attach a tip, hold the pen pointing straight up, purge all the air until liquid began emerging from the tip, then take the tip off. After that I put an insulin syringe into the cartridge tip, dialed the dose, and injected into the syringe to measure what was dispensed. I checked a number of different doses, and on every setting my particular pen came out within 1/2 unit of accuracy. Satisfied with my dosing accuracy, I threw out that cartridge, loaded a fresh one with my KLOW80, purged the air, sterilized, and I was all set!

First off, that 32g needle is unbelievably pain-free! At first I wasn't even sure the injection had happened. I truly felt nothing going in, not even the slightest pinch. For my reta I use 31g insulin needles, and those are pretty good, but the smaller needle plus not having to pierce the vial with it first makes a huge difference. With KLOW via syringe, I typically used to get a very slight ISR as a faint one-inch reddish circle (bruise?) that took several days to fade. With the pen, I get that circle only about half the time, and it fades within a day or two.

Temperature was the next thing I tackled. Bringing an entire cartridge of peptides to room temp 5 times a week didn't appeal to me for obvious reasons, so I tested how well I tolerated cold injections. My starting point was leaving it out for 8 minutes, then I cut the time by 2 minutes daily. In the end the cooler temps didn't bother me even slightly, and these days I inject straight from the fridge. Worth noting: I'm among the lucky ones who don't feel the "spicy" burn of GHK-cu, so your experience may be different. What I'm getting at is that testing your own tolerance in stages is easy.

Last, my take on auto-inject versus manual inject pens such as the V2. Spring-loaded auto pens are something I personally do NOT like. The Wegovy auto-pens are the only ones I've used, but the spring action just freaks me out. I prefer the control of a plunger I can push at whatever rate I want. That's what the V2 pens let you do.
What a comprehensive and in-depth guide/review—I love it! It's great to hear you're getting on well with your pen 🙂 and I'm VERY happy it came to you at no cost, because $39 is a LOT for a V2! (If this came through the Vine program, count me jealous…the only things I ever spot are party decor kits and machine parts.)

I'm also just starting out with pens—I've taken to them so much that I worry my insulin syringes will end up collecting dust!
I'm part of Vine! The pen and cartridges came to me via Vine, though I paid for the tips myself. Syringes keep getting offered to me nonstop, and I've got 3 or 4 large boxes sitting in my closet, lol.
 
ColdBubbles said:

HouseCat said:

ColdBubbles said:

I got the chance not long ago to use a V2 peptide pen for my KLOW, dosing it 5 days each week, and figured sharing how my first month went could be useful for anyone thinking about going the pen route. YMMV!!!

The pen I received was a standard generic V2 from amazon, priced at $39. I bought sterile 3ml cartridges plus a box of 32g pen tips. Since I'm using it for KLOW80, I chose the 8mm length, because with KLOW I've noticed longer needles give me less ISR. If GLP-1s were what I was dosing, I'd go with 6mm tips.

Testing the dosing accuracy was the very first thing I did. Generic pens have a reputation for being notoriously inaccurate, so I figured a test was worthwhile. I used BAC water for the test, though looking back, plain water would probably have worked too. YouTube has plenty of videos showing how to test, but my approach was simpler: fill the cartridge with 2ml water using a luer-lock syringe, attach a tip, hold the pen pointing straight up, purge all the air until liquid began emerging from the tip, then take the tip off. After that I put an insulin syringe into the cartridge tip, dialed the dose, and injected into the syringe to measure what was dispensed. I checked a number of different doses, and on every setting my particular pen came out within 1/2 unit of accuracy. Satisfied with my dosing accuracy, I threw out that cartridge, loaded a fresh one with my KLOW80, purged the air, sterilized, and I was all set!

First off, that 32g needle is unbelievably pain-free! At first I wasn't even sure the injection had happened. I truly felt nothing going in, not even the slightest pinch. For my reta I use 31g insulin needles, and those are pretty good, but the smaller needle plus not having to pierce the vial with it first makes a huge difference. With KLOW via syringe, I typically used to get a very slight ISR as a faint one-inch reddish circle (bruise?) that took several days to fade. With the pen, I get that circle only about half the time, and it fades within a day or two.

Temperature was the next thing I tackled. Bringing an entire cartridge of peptides to room temp 5 times a week didn't appeal to me for obvious reasons, so I tested how well I tolerated cold injections. My starting point was leaving it out for 8 minutes, then I cut the time by 2 minutes daily. In the end the cooler temps didn't bother me even slightly, and these days I inject straight from the fridge. Worth noting: I'm among the lucky ones who don't feel the "spicy" burn of GHK-cu, so your experience may be different. What I'm getting at is that testing your own tolerance in stages is easy.

Last, my take on auto-inject versus manual inject pens such as the V2. Spring-loaded auto pens are something I personally do NOT like. The Wegovy auto-pens are the only ones I've used, but the spring action just freaks me out. I prefer the control of a plunger I can push at whatever rate I want. That's what the V2 pens let you do.
What a comprehensive and in-depth guide/review—I love it! It's great to hear you're getting on well with your pen 🙂 and I'm VERY happy it came to you at no cost, because $39 is a LOT for a V2! (If this came through the Vine program, count me jealous…the only things I ever spot are party decor kits and machine parts.)

I'm also just starting out with pens—I've taken to them so much that I worry my insulin syringes will end up collecting dust!
I'm part of Vine! The pen and cartridges came to me via Vine, though I paid for the tips myself. Syringes keep getting offered to me nonstop, and I've got 3 or 4 large boxes sitting in my closet, lol.

9f2d51b4fe292e409a98b8c6adc7bdcdd17c1110d1b63571d3d91ef29014b32d.gif
 
ColdBubbles said:

HouseCat said:

ColdBubbles said:

I got the chance not long ago to use a V2 peptide pen for my KLOW, dosing it 5 days each week, and figured sharing how my first month went could be useful for anyone thinking about going the pen route. YMMV!!!

The pen I received was a standard generic V2 from amazon, priced at $39. I bought sterile 3ml cartridges plus a box of 32g pen tips. Since I'm using it for KLOW80, I chose the 8mm length, because with KLOW I've noticed longer needles give me less ISR. If GLP-1s were what I was dosing, I'd go with 6mm tips.

Testing the dosing accuracy was the very first thing I did. Generic pens have a reputation for being notoriously inaccurate, so I figured a test was worthwhile. I used BAC water for the test, though looking back, plain water would probably have worked too. YouTube has plenty of videos showing how to test, but my approach was simpler: fill the cartridge with 2ml water using a luer-lock syringe, attach a tip, hold the pen pointing straight up, purge all the air until liquid began emerging from the tip, then take the tip off. After that I put an insulin syringe into the cartridge tip, dialed the dose, and injected into the syringe to measure what was dispensed. I checked a number of different doses, and on every setting my particular pen came out within 1/2 unit of accuracy. Satisfied with my dosing accuracy, I threw out that cartridge, loaded a fresh one with my KLOW80, purged the air, sterilized, and I was all set!

First off, that 32g needle is unbelievably pain-free! At first I wasn't even sure the injection had happened. I truly felt nothing going in, not even the slightest pinch. For my reta I use 31g insulin needles, and those are pretty good, but the smaller needle plus not having to pierce the vial with it first makes a huge difference. With KLOW via syringe, I typically used to get a very slight ISR as a faint one-inch reddish circle (bruise?) that took several days to fade. With the pen, I get that circle only about half the time, and it fades within a day or two.

Temperature was the next thing I tackled. Bringing an entire cartridge of peptides to room temp 5 times a week didn't appeal to me for obvious reasons, so I tested how well I tolerated cold injections. My starting point was leaving it out for 8 minutes, then I cut the time by 2 minutes daily. In the end the cooler temps didn't bother me even slightly, and these days I inject straight from the fridge. Worth noting: I'm among the lucky ones who don't feel the "spicy" burn of GHK-cu, so your experience may be different. What I'm getting at is that testing your own tolerance in stages is easy.

Last, my take on auto-inject versus manual inject pens such as the V2. Spring-loaded auto pens are something I personally do NOT like. The Wegovy auto-pens are the only ones I've used, but the spring action just freaks me out. I prefer the control of a plunger I can push at whatever rate I want. That's what the V2 pens let you do.
What a comprehensive and in-depth guide/review—I love it! It's great to hear you're getting on well with your pen 🙂 and I'm VERY happy it came to you at no cost, because $39 is a LOT for a V2! (If this came through the Vine program, count me jealous…the only things I ever spot are party decor kits and machine parts.)

I'm also just starting out with pens—I've taken to them so much that I worry my insulin syringes will end up collecting dust!
I'm part of Vine! The pen and cartridges came to me via Vine, though I paid for the tips myself. Syringes keep getting offered to me nonstop, and I've got 3 or 4 large boxes sitting in my closet, lol.

Appreciate you bringing that up…I ran a Vine search for syringes today, and now I’ve got some syringe filters headed my way! Since they aren’t PES, I’ll put them to use as vent filters! Thanks for the tip!
 
ColdBubbles said:

I got the chance not long ago to use a V2 peptide pen for my KLOW, dosing it 5 days each week, and figured sharing how my first month went could be useful for anyone thinking about going the pen route. YMMV!!!

The pen I received was a standard generic V2 from amazon, priced at $39. I bought sterile 3ml cartridges plus a box of 32g pen tips. Since I'm using it for KLOW80, I chose the 8mm length, because with KLOW I've noticed longer needles give me less ISR. If GLP-1s were what I was dosing, I'd go with 6mm tips.

Testing the dosing accuracy was the very first thing I did. Generic pens have a reputation for being notoriously inaccurate, so I figured a test was worthwhile. I used BAC water for the test, though looking back, plain water would probably have worked too. YouTube has plenty of videos showing how to test, but my approach was simpler: fill the cartridge with 2ml water using a luer-lock syringe, attach a tip, hold the pen pointing straight up, purge all the air until liquid began emerging from the tip, then take the tip off. After that I put an insulin syringe into the cartridge tip, dialed the dose, and injected into the syringe to measure what was dispensed. I checked a number of different doses, and on every setting my particular pen came out within 1/2 unit of accuracy. Satisfied with my dosing accuracy, I threw out that cartridge, loaded a fresh one with my KLOW80, purged the air, sterilized, and I was all set!

First off, that 32g needle is unbelievably pain-free! At first I wasn't even sure the injection had happened. I truly felt nothing going in, not even the slightest pinch. For my reta I use 31g insulin needles, and those are pretty good, but the smaller needle plus not having to pierce the vial with it first makes a huge difference. With KLOW via syringe, I typically used to get a very slight ISR as a faint one-inch reddish circle (bruise?) that took several days to fade. With the pen, I get that circle only about half the time, and it fades within a day or two.

Temperature was the next thing I tackled. Bringing an entire cartridge of peptides to room temp 5 times a week didn't appeal to me for obvious reasons, so I tested how well I tolerated cold injections. My starting point was leaving it out for 8 minutes, then I cut the time by 2 minutes daily. In the end the cooler temps didn't bother me even slightly, and these days I inject straight from the fridge. Worth noting: I'm among the lucky ones who don't feel the "spicy" burn of GHK-cu, so your experience may be different. What I'm getting at is that testing your own tolerance in stages is easy.

Last, my take on auto-inject versus manual inject pens such as the V2. Spring-loaded auto pens are something I personally do NOT like. The Wegovy auto-pens are the only ones I've used, but the spring action just freaks me out. I prefer the control of a plunger I can push at whatever rate I want. That's what the V2 pens let you do.
With the auto injectors I've tried (gansulin and similar), the injection halts as soon as you let up on the thumb press. You're still in control—just not of how fast the medication goes in.
 
Back
Top