My clothes are falling off...

When I began, I was wearing 7xl, and it got to the point that many 7xl items were so tight they would not go on, plus stores carried nothing larger. After I reached 3xl and my 7xl things had become enormous, I picked up really inexpensive drawstring pants along with cheap shirts and tshirts from a bargain department store, roughly $10 each. I was not going out much, so it hardly mattered. Later I bought another batch at L, with more options / thrift shop, and eventually a few at medium and small when I got down to those sizes, and I even came across some pieces from 10 years earlier, back when I was last thin. These days, 2 of me could likely fit inside those 7xl pants, but I got rid of all the big stuff.
 
I'm feeling somewhat guilty since I got rid of many garments that used to fit uncomfortably tight prior to beginning reta. I never considered myself especially overweight, yet at this point my outfits hang loosely in a weird way.
 
Oversized shirts double as gym pump covers that you've earned. Roughly every couple of weeks, I pick up a bundle of 3 heavy-duty shirts for around 23 dollars. Back when I was bigger, the 4xlt fit loosely, yet no matter what size I've been, I've never liked snug clothing. These days, though, they hang off me like a tent. I keep those for the gym and for sleeping. The 3xlt are roomy on me, but I'm sure I could squeeze into 2x. That's only going to happen once I drop another 30 or so. Until I reach my targets, though, I wouldn't spend on anything custom-made, fitted, or full-price expensive.
 
CNCCurrency said:

woundcarping said:

Pinngo said:

I've dropped 30lbs, and now my phone is literally pulling my pants down—it's heavy enough to drag them right off!

Clearly, I'm in need of some new gear. But since I still have 130lbs to lose, I'm trying to plan this out a bit and not waste cash.

What would you do?

• Get clothes that fit me right now and just plan on needing another size before long; after all, you're already saving on groceries

• Get clothes that are a bit snug today and work on losing weight so they fit better—the idea being this cuts down on spending and clothing waste

A belt and/or drawstring garments seem like what you're after. Ratcheting belts work really well.

I held off on the smaller work pants and athletic shorts until I'd lost about 60lb. The belt switch happened ages ago, so the number on the scale at that point is fuzzy.

Another 30-40lb is still ahead of me, though I don't want to walk around in clothes that hang off me.

For what I was wearing, neither belts nor drawstrings would have done the job — it's wild how much difference 10 months on reta made.





View attachment 11360

View attachment 11361
Losing that much weight is genuinely remarkable. Nice work.
 
Pinngo said:

I've dropped 30lbs, and now my phone is literally pulling my pants down—it's heavy enough to drag them right off!

Clearly, I'm in need of some new gear. But since I still have 130lbs to lose, I'm trying to plan this out a bit and not waste cash.

What would you do?

• Get clothes that fit me right now and just plan on needing another size before long; after all, you're already saving on groceries

• Get clothes that are a bit snug today and work on losing weight so they fit better—the idea being this cuts down on spending and clothing waste
Head over to Vinted. Pick up pieces in your current size, then relist them once they get baggy. Take whatever you make and put it toward the next size down.
 
What a coincidence that you mentioned this. Everything in my old wardrobe still fits me. After my wife finished washing all the shorts, I grabbed a pair while getting ready. Those things kept slipping down unless I had a belt on.
 
BNLFL said:

What a coincidence that you mentioned this. Everything in my old wardrobe still fits me. After my wife finished washing all the shorts, I grabbed a pair while getting ready. Those things kept slipping down unless I had a belt on.
A plain leather belt has never felt like such a lifesaver. I've punched so many additional holes into mine that now I'm at the stage where trimming some of the excess length is necessary.
 
I'm dealing with this exact problem too. Bit by bit, I've been picking up pieces in smaller sizes. Since I've still got roughly 50lbs to go before hitting my target weight, I'm holding off on a big shopping spree. Clothes that hang too loose on me really get on my nerves, but for the time being I'm just putting up with it.
 
Just for kicks — the same belts that fit me at 330 still work now that I'm 215.

I couldn't track down any belt that let me fine-tune the fit, and often the metal buckle dug into my big stomach while I was driving or seated.

Then I came across cinch belts that have plastic buckles. You can fine-tune those, and the plastic buckles are tiny and won't press into your skin. Once they become too large, trimming off a section of the strap is simple.

At this point I could likely wear a standard belt without issue, but this style of belt is unbelievably comfy and I own a good number of them.

Final tip * if you're in the same boat as me and have basically no rear end to keep your pants in place, these are essential. The fine-tightening they offer holds them onto your hips.
 
I popped into the goodwill and picked up some shirts and shirts. For $22 I got 4 good shirts plus two pair of shirts. I'm basically at goal at this point, and I had a few favorite shorts from Amazon in a medium that did the same thing your phone did to you. So I went and ordered three more pair in small, and they're still too big! I'll treat those as work efforts and get more in XS. My suggestion would be goodwill or something like it for your 'while I'm losing' clothes
 
COstco sells inexpensive, genuinely high-quality clothing!

Their shorts and polos are excellent

I began at XXL

now I'm at FREAKING SMALL ULTRA TIGHT 😎 😏 💪
 
I've shed roughly 22 lbs, and my wardrobe is beginning to feel baggy. I'm going to hold off a bit more before picking up X-medium sizes again.
 
I combine a few different approaches. When it comes to basics such as jeans, I turn to Vinted and pick up just 2 pairs in the brand I prefer, only 1 size down. As for jean shorts, I've picked up 1 or 2 pairs from the big supermarket near me, again 1 size below what I'd normally need, and they're now fitting snugly. For a special event, I went and got a new linen jacket in a neutral shade, though right now it's just a touch too tight — the event isn't for another month, so with luck it'll fit perfectly by then. That lets me dress up or keep it casual using a cheap multipack of Temu tshirts.

Sewing is another skill I have, so I use my machine to slim down a few tops whose fabric I really like.

So far I haven't given away or sold any of my old clothes, because even at 60lbs lost I still can't quite believe this is happening. My plan is to stay on Tirz, but there's always that small worry in the back of my head: what if I can't get it anymore, what if the UK starts cracking down on imports, what if my go-to vendors vanish, what if this forum gets nuked.... what happens once my current 4-5 yr (😳) stash is gone... I can feel myself wanting to check my bank account and sort out my next order🤦‍♀️.
 
The option I intended to select was "Buy at a Thrift Store". That's something I do occasionally.

My situation matches yours; trousers sliding off, tops draping like a tent that's caved in.

Fortunately, I tend to hold onto things, so I still have government-issued clothing from when I was a teenager, plus items purchased decades back; some smaller, some bigger. Even if I lived another 100 years, I'd never exhaust my supply of clothes in assorted sizes.
 
deluge said:

The option I intended to select was "Buy at a Thrift Store". That's something I do occasionally.

My situation matches yours; trousers sliding off, tops draping like a tent that's caved in.

Fortunately, I tend to hold onto things, so I still have government-issued clothing from when I was a teenager, plus items purchased decades back; some smaller, some bigger. Even if I lived another 100 years, I'd never exhaust my supply of clothes in assorted sizes.
Honestly, the secondhand shops around the Pacific Northwest are not cheap at all. Their prices are almost the same as what you'd pay for Amazon brands, or what you'd find during a retail sale.

For me, buying brand new makes more sense. I used to be a thrift store regular, but in my area those places now charge just as much as new items instead of offering bargains.

I suppose it really comes down to where you live.
 
@CNCCurrency amazing! that before-and-after shot is fantastic!!! Outfits no longer work? then why not simply stroll about in the buff and flaunt that fresh beach physique 😎 ?
 
spanky2026 said:

BNLFL said:

What a coincidence that you mentioned this. Everything in my old wardrobe still fits me. After my wife finished washing all the shorts, I grabbed a pair while getting ready. Those things kept slipping down unless I had a belt on.
A plain leather belt has never felt like such a lifesaver. I've punched so many additional holes into mine that now I'm at the stage where trimming some of the excess length is necessary.

A ratchet belt is what you need to get him. My husband is a big fan of his.
 
TeresaHip said:

spanky2026 said:

BNLFL said:

What a coincidence that you mentioned this. Everything in my old wardrobe still fits me. After my wife finished washing all the shorts, I grabbed a pair while getting ready. Those things kept slipping down unless I had a belt on.
A plain leather belt has never felt like such a lifesaver. I've punched so many additional holes into mine that now I'm at the stage where trimming some of the excess length is necessary.

A ratchet belt is what you need to get him. My husband is a big fan of his.


https://a.co/d/05TzwQMp
 
Back
Top