Moving from compounded tirzepatide to gray market sourcing

AYarter

Explorer
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Arlington, TX
Hey everyone,

For the past few months I've been on compounded tirzepatide, and the results have been excellent. That said, once multi-use vials became patented and given how the pharma business generally operates, I worry about whether I'll still be able to get it.

What I'd really like is to stay monitored by both a doctor and a dietitian, without paying absurd prices.

Has anyone here gone through a third-party provider, whether for compounded or gray market product? If you have, what was your approach with your doctor?

Thanks so much.
 
AYarter said:

Hey everyone,

For the past few months I've been on compounded tirzepatide, and the results have been excellent. That said, once multi-use vials became patented and given how the pharma business generally operates, I worry about whether I'll still be able to get it.

What I'd really like is to stay monitored by both a doctor and a dietitian, without paying absurd prices.

Has anyone here gone through a third-party provider, whether for compounded or gray market product? If you have, what was your approach with your doctor?

Thanks so much.

My doctor only knows that a mail-order service supplies my compounded medication, and I leave it at that. Since we'd already discussed how the pharmacy name-brand version was out of reach financially, she understood I'd be going off label. What I keep to myself is that I'm the one doing the compounding.
 
Like the other person, being monitored by my pcp while taking tirzepatide matters to me, and even more so, having the medication documented in my medical records does. That said, I've never actually brought it up with my pcp. She continues sending prescriptions to Lilly Direct, and I continue to ignore the texts from Lilly Direct. 😂 Whenever she asks whether I need a refill, my answer is no, I'm good thank you. 🙃 Not the greatest approach, probably, but it's worked so far.
 
Reta is what I'm stuck on. To get it legitimately, joining a clinical trial would be my only route. Oh well. . . .
 
Grogu said:

Like the other person, being monitored by my pcp while taking tirzepatide matters to me, and even more so, having the medication documented in my medical records does. That said, I've never actually brought it up with my pcp. She continues sending prescriptions to Lilly Direct, and I continue to ignore the texts from Lilly Direct. 😂 Whenever she asks whether I need a refill, my answer is no, I'm good thank you. 🙃 Not the greatest approach, probably, but it's worked so far.
That strikes me as the most straightforward route. Thanks.
 
I let my DR know that I had been getting tirz from a telehealth dr. I mentioned that I moved over to compounded reta. Because of that, he increased my quarterly blood work (which is for trt) so he can monitor the numbers.
 
chunkyTN said:

AYarter said:

Hey everyone,

For the past few months I've been on compounded tirzepatide, and the results have been excellent. That said, once multi-use vials became patented and given how the pharma business generally operates, I worry about whether I'll still be able to get it.

What I'd really like is to stay monitored by both a doctor and a dietitian, without paying absurd prices.

Has anyone here gone through a third-party provider, whether for compounded or gray market product? If you have, what was your approach with your doctor?

Thanks so much.

My doctor only knows that a mail-order service supplies my compounded medication, and I leave it at that. Since we'd already discussed how the pharmacy name-brand version was out of reach financially, she understood I'd be going off label. What I keep to myself is that I'm the one doing the compounding.
NICE ONE !!!!
 
Back
Top