Yesterday I fell down a research rabbit hole and found an AI reference to a finding stating that once reconstituted, MOTS-C exposed to room temperature for 2-3 hours might lose 80-90% of its potency. Digging a bit deeper, its sequence does contain methionine and tryptophan, which are apparently 2 of the 3 peptides most susceptible to oxidation at room temperature.
I lack anything close to the scientific background needed to assess whether that is valid, and I also don't have the interest to go through the sequences of every other common peptide out there. Still, I'm curious whether those who know better have a view on this, or a recommendation based on it about which other peptides would be most vulnerable to this. I travel frequently, and although I have an insulated case with a solid ice pack that works well, sometimes too much time passes before I can reach a fridge, and my peps occasionally sit at or near room temperature for a while. I'd really like to know which ones would be better left at home lol.
Could this also account for some of the variation in experiences people have had with MOTS-C? For anyone who hasn't felt much or anything while using it, is it possible it was at room temperature for a while and that could be the reason? If a couple hours loses 80-90%, I'd imagine even 30-40 minutes would have some significant effect, especially if dosing was already on the lower end
I lack anything close to the scientific background needed to assess whether that is valid, and I also don't have the interest to go through the sequences of every other common peptide out there. Still, I'm curious whether those who know better have a view on this, or a recommendation based on it about which other peptides would be most vulnerable to this. I travel frequently, and although I have an insulated case with a solid ice pack that works well, sometimes too much time passes before I can reach a fridge, and my peps occasionally sit at or near room temperature for a while. I'd really like to know which ones would be better left at home lol.
Could this also account for some of the variation in experiences people have had with MOTS-C? For anyone who hasn't felt much or anything while using it, is it possible it was at room temperature for a while and that could be the reason? If a couple hours loses 80-90%, I'd imagine even 30-40 minutes would have some significant effect, especially if dosing was already on the lower end