Honestly, that way of thinking is really lovely. Your reasons are exactly the right ones, and I have no doubt you'll reach your goal.JourneyToPerfection said:
I really appreciate this — reading it gave me a pushmiameow said:
Honestly, what you've accomplished is impressive. Dropping close to 9 kg at your weight is a big deal.JourneyToPerfection said:
Every time I try to shed the full amount of weight and then move into a body recomp, the same pattern plays out. The opening couple of months feel great. After that, my drive disappears. No clue why. My diet stays pretty much the same, nothing extreme. I simply reach a stage where I’m still nowhere near satisfied with how I look, yet my head goes “eh, fuck it, good enough”. Only it isn’t good enough, and I do want to reach my goals.
SW 74.2kg
CW 65.7kg
GW 57kg (ish)
Reta 2mg every 7 days (very sensitive to GLPs)
Working out hasn’t started for me yet, and I realize that’s the next thing to add. Old injuries stop me from going all out at the gym, but I can still manage short sessions at home and use the apartment treadmill that’s there for me. Maybe that’s the part that trips me up. If I stay on Reta without adding even a little exercise, I’ll wind up flat all over (same as what happened with Mounjaro last year), and then deliberately put weight back on to restore my curves. Apart from my back, which somehow stays chunky no matter what
I’m just after advice, tips, tricks, personal stories and so on about how to keep going and see it through.
CJC no dac & Ipa should reach me this week, but I won’t go near it until a routine is in place and I’ve likely shed another 5kg.
Help meeee![]()
What you're going through sounds familiar to most of us; we make headway, the drive fades, and then the same pattern plays out over and over.
When it comes to working out, I'd suggest keeping things straightforward yet regular, especially with your injuries. Treat it the way you treat your weekly reta injection; there's no internal debate about whether you'll do it, it just happens. Choose a single routine that you actually like and commit to it. Over time, bump up the time or the resistance, the same way you'd step up your reta dosage gradually.
Until I turned 40, I disliked my appearance. A rough age to finally learn to appreciate myself, but late is still better than never. Strength training is what truly turned things around for me, because it altered my self-perception and made me worry less about other people's opinions.JourneyToPerfection said:
Every time I try to shed the full amount of weight and then move into a body recomp, the same pattern plays out. The opening couple of months feel great. After that, my drive disappears. No clue why. My diet stays pretty much the same, nothing extreme. I simply reach a stage where I’m still nowhere near satisfied with how I look, yet my head goes “eh, fuck it, good enough”. Only it isn’t good enough, and I do want to reach my goals.
SW 74.2kg
CW 65.7kg
GW 57kg (ish)
Reta 2mg every 7 days (very sensitive to GLPs)
Working out hasn’t started for me yet, and I realize that’s the next thing to add. Old injuries stop me from going all out at the gym, but I can still manage short sessions at home and use the apartment treadmill that’s there for me. Maybe that’s the part that trips me up. If I stay on Reta without adding even a little exercise, I’ll wind up flat all over (same as what happened with Mounjaro last year), and then deliberately put weight back on to restore my curves. Apart from my back, which somehow stays chunky no matter what
I’m just after advice, tips, tricks, personal stories and so on about how to keep going and see it through.
CJC no dac & Ipa should reach me this week, but I won’t go near it until a routine is in place and I’ve likely shed another 5kg.
Help meeee![]()
In my twenties I was actually paralyzed and had to slowly rebuild my way back to the gym. That process was long and full of pain, so I understand that beginning with physical restrictions is tough.
At this point, you're well positioned to begin your recomp. Thank you for opening up about your experience here, since all of us have faced something similar. I'm with you on waiting a bit before adding the secretagogues. There's no need to hurry. All the best to you.knowing that others also struggle with motivation dropping off makes me feel less isolated. During my 20’s and the early part of my 30’s I dealt with a number of injuries. At 33 now, I mostly just feel beaten down. My legs are covered in cellulite, even though the pictures I snapped yesterday don’t make that obvious
Since my daughter was born 7 years ago I’ve made a lot of progress on self love, because I want to model that for her and keep her from inheriting my problems (ending the cycle of generational trauma), but I’m aware there’s still a long road ahead.
As for the cellulite — lifting weights changed things a lot for me. I have less of it these days than I did back when I weighed less and carried less muscle. In the pictures, I truly can't spot any cellulite, though I realize we tend to judge ourselves far more harshly than anyone looking from the outside would.