Motivation keeps slipping away again šŸ˜”

Lovedog100 said:

JourneyToPerfection said:

Lovedog100 said:

Here's the biggest thing to understand about motivation: your own mind will deceive you into thinking you're incapable. It resists effort, so it whispers that skipping a day is fine — and then that becomes every day. It convinces you that pushing that hard will kill you. To get past all that mental static, you need support.

Sign up at a good gym. Spend the extra money on a trainer. Share your goals with that trainer, along with whatever limits you have right now — in 3 or 4 months those limits won't be the same. Book four of five sessions with the trainer until the equipment and the routine feel familiar. Then build a workout schedule. Go 3-4 days a week, always at the same hour. That's how most people train. Introduce yourself to a few regulars, smile, say hello. Gym crowds are generally friendly, just guarded with newcomers, since most new faces quit after a week or two. Keep showing up, and ask questions about machines or movements. The real prize is a workout partner. Having one keeps your motivation up and makes you show up so you don't disappoint them. If nobody at the gym fits, ask your friends or coworkers. Look for someone you can push, who will push you back.

Almost everyone who trains takes five supplements, because they actually work. Add them too. 5mg of Creatine monohydrate before each work out. Every day: a quality multi vitamin, plus Vitamin D3. EPA/DHA — Life extension brand is a solid choice for that. And CoQ10 as well.

Write out a plan and don't deviate from it. You're capable of this. You have far more strength than your brain lets you see. Your self esteem will climb, and so will your overall happiness with life. Good luck, tell me how it's going in a couple of weeks šŸ˜Ž
My mind is a jerk that feeds me a bunch of nonsense šŸ˜‚ sadly, hitting the gym isn’t something I can do at the moment, though I’m crossing my fingers that’ll shift before long. To make a long story short: a major accident a few years ago, and the legal/lawyer side is still dragging on.

Once I’m able to get back to a gym, though, I’ll put this advice to use, thank you so much 🄰
Ask your doctor for a prescription to sign up at a gym and work with a trainer. That way, insurance covers the cost. Two goals handled at once. After all, you'd simply be doing what the doctor instructed.
Oh wow, that idea hadn’t crossed my mind at all!!! And my doctor is actually great, so if he puts a formal recommendation in writing and it gets noted down, that ought to smooth the path considerably. Only thing is I’ll need to get him to switch off that automatic transcription thing before I go into what I’m asking him to do šŸ˜… he’s fine with doing that. I’d already given him the full rundown on my peptide journey (up to now) plus what I plan to use later, unofficially, mainly so I could confirm none of it would mess with my low iron & iron infusions.
 
Foggy-Hollow said:


šŸ¤

I’m in a similar place in quite a few ways. …

Keep an eye on ā€œlab normalā€ versus optimal. My Vitamin D is at 38, my endo says it’s great, it’s lab normal (30-100). Optimal is around 80, so I’m working on getting that raised. ā€œNormalā€ vs optimal applies in a number of areas. I’m still learning about levels. GLP-1s can negatively affect D and I can feel it feed into my MDD and adhd/low motivation.

If dopamine receptors were sold somewhere I’d ask for a full set. lol

Accountability for the win! Glad to add a feather to your quiver.

I enjoy NAD+ (buffered!) although I don’t follow a protocol. Brings my energy floor up which is nice.

Best wishes for you!

Click to expand...
Yeah, I truly need to begin obtaining printed copies of my blood test results — here in Aus that isn’t something we usually receive, though I’m fairly sure it’s possible to arrange.

Ahh dopamine receptors .. remind me what those are again? šŸ˜…
 
Back
Top