Skidude said:
Purpletree said:
Hi, I'm close to finishing week 1 on 5mg tirz, following 4 weeks at 2.5, and when I wake up in the morning, hunger makes me feel nauseous. Does anyone know why this happens specifically? It only lasts maybe 1 minute and then begins to fade, but it's really annoying.
Just guessing without much to go on, but this could stem from glp1s making the stomach empty more slowly.
Google result:
GLP-1 receptor agonists (such as semaglutide and tirzepatide) slow gastric emptying by reducing stomach muscle contractions and tightening the pyloric valve. This intentional delay keeps food in the stomach longer to prolong fullness and prevent blood sugar spikes, but it can also trigger uncomfortable gastrointestinal side effects
Click to expand...
Maybe you're used to that empty-stomach sensation in the morning, and now you have to cope with digestion that's slower.
That's my guess..
At the start I followed 16/8 fasting, so waking up and not eating until noon was normal for me. (except for black coffee and water).
Dehydration might also be behind your nausea, since it's recognized as a problem early on when both eating and drinking decrease.
I'd kick off the day by drinking 16oz of cold water, chug a lug