Marking cartridges with labels

I use a nimbot label maker to mark just the pen. I got several pens through Alibaba, and since I leave them capped, putting the label directly on the pen works better for me.
 
I have the NIIMBOT D110, and the labels I put on standard 3 mm vials — 14mmx40mm — are the same ones I use here. Placing one length-wise, it fits into the cart holder without trouble, provided no corner is lifting at all. I press it down firmly with my thumb to be sure. The pen gets the same label too. Since more than one person uses this household, I want both marked so my spouse can't slip up.

With both labeled, whenever a pen starts acting up (the Bird, for instance, which seems not to tolerate cold), I can simply pull the cart and drop it into the bag alongside the other 3 mL vials. No need to interrupt what I'm doing to print a fresh label at that moment, and from there I draw with a syringe — something I do now and then when a pen is almost empty and priming another one isn't worth it.
 
Dilbert4Life said:

Grogu said:

MikeyMike said:

My Nimbot handles the printing, and I stick the labels directly onto the pen. Putting one on the cartridge instead strikes me as far more difficult to make out, since you'd be looking through the glass case along with the gauge. Once I've finished that pep in a given pen, the labels come off easily, and I put a fresh one on.

I do the same thing—the label goes on the pen itself, and whenever I need to, I peel it off and stick a fresh one on. Since I want to see what's inside the cartridge before injecting, having anything covering that view just wouldn't suit me.
Got it — that way, if it turns cloudy or anything, we'd be able to notice.
From across the cartridge holder, the cart is visible to me. I would be able to notice if it turned cloudy.
 
randompersonrandom said:

When it is something I will recon later, the side gets the name in sharpie.
haha same here, though afterwards it becomes difficult to make out 🤣 Suppose I need to track down one that does the job. I picked up the nimbot, stashed it away, and now I can't remember the spot !
 
I'm picking up a Nimbot. From what I can tell, they're straightforward and inexpensive to operate. Printing labels with my large printer is something I just can't work out how to do.
 
On my carts, I apply silver 40x20 labels made with a Nimbot M2. Positioning them toward the lower part of the cart means I can keep an eye on how much is left as it runs low. Those silver labels adhere really well to the glass.
 
For my carts, I use a cheap Nimbot D110 along with the standard 12x40mm labels. They fit well and still leave ample space to check for cloudiness or blood in the cart (ask me about that one sometime).
 
deleted.user.26 said:

For my carts, I use a cheap Nimbot D110 along with the standard 12x40mm labels. They fit well and still leave ample space to check for cloudiness or blood in the cart (ask me about that one sometime).
I'll ask: what led to that?
 
RetCurious said:

deleted.user.26 said:

For my carts, I use a cheap Nimbot D110 along with the standard 12x40mm labels. They fit well and still leave ample space to check for cloudiness or blood in the cart (ask me about that one sometime).
I'll ask: what led to that?
Usually my wife and I do our wombat injections side by side. The previous day I'd prepared a fresh batch and loaded it into the pen cart. I took my turn last that day, then packed the kit away. Cloudiness and similar issues are always something we check for closely. The following day she went first, and as usual she glanced at it beforehand — inside were blood "globules." It looked like small red dots drifting around, plus a bigger clump of red material that resembled plastic.

Our guess is that it was blood, and part of it had clumped together into that larger glob. On the day I injected, I lifted my thumb off the pen just a bit too soon, before the needle was out. As it came free, liquid shot out of the needle, as though the full dose hadn't gone in. Looking closer, I realized I'd failed to clear all the air from the cart. During the injection, the large bubble got squeezed rather than pushed in, and when I let go of the pen before pulling the needle, it seems there was a spring-like action that drew blood back into the cart. Since then we're very careful to keep pressure on the pen while withdrawing it, and to confirm no blood has gotten into the cart. I searched online about it later, and it appears fairly common with GLP pens and similar. I left the contaminated vial sitting on the table for several days; its contents became a duller red, which makes sense once the blood is out of oxygen. Not scientific, but it was the only explanation we could come up with, and it hasn't happened again since we began making sure to maintain pressure on the pen during removal.
 
I put labels on all of it. Cartridges, pens, vials. Every pen holds a different pep. Before I poke, I have to verify the dose on each pen....I refuse to be one of those weenies who gets the dose wrong 😆
 
deleted.user.26 said:

RetCurious said:

deleted.user.26 said:

For my carts, I use a cheap Nimbot D110 along with the standard 12x40mm labels. They fit well and still leave ample space to check for cloudiness or blood in the cart (ask me about that one sometime).
I'll ask: what led to that?
Usually my wife and I do our wombat injections side by side. The previous day I'd prepared a fresh batch and loaded it into the pen cart. I took my turn last that day, then packed the kit away. Cloudiness and similar issues are always something we check for closely. The following day she went first, and as usual she glanced at it beforehand — inside were blood "globules." It looked like small red dots drifting around, plus a bigger clump of red material that resembled plastic.

Our guess is that it was blood, and part of it had clumped together into that larger glob. On the day I injected, I lifted my thumb off the pen just a bit too soon, before the needle was out. As it came free, liquid shot out of the needle, as though the full dose hadn't gone in. Looking closer, I realized I'd failed to clear all the air from the cart. During the injection, the large bubble got squeezed rather than pushed in, and when I let go of the pen before pulling the needle, it seems there was a spring-like action that drew blood back into the cart. Since then we're very careful to keep pressure on the pen while withdrawing it, and to confirm no blood has gotten into the cart. I searched online about it later, and it appears fairly common with GLP pens and similar. I left the contaminated vial sitting on the table for several days; its contents became a duller red, which makes sense once the blood is out of oxygen. Not scientific, but it was the only explanation we could come up with, and it hasn't happened again since we began making sure to maintain pressure on the pen during removal.
That's pretty crazy—definitely a wake-up call that even the seemingly minor steps, like purging air from the cartridge, shouldn't be skipped.
 
Dilbert4Life said:

Is anyone here putting labels on the cartridges themselves rather than on the pen? Which label dimensions work for you? Is there a template showing which details are worth putting on those labels?
For both vials and cartridges, I rely on a small Kodak label maker:



5bc9589b0329d5127d3f54cd3b45398a6d40ff90bbb91b6e9594de1f4cdf6f5a.png




KODAK Label ERA M50



Product Overview Create and print your own custom labels using the KODAK MEMO app. Designed with an inward-facing blade for safe and easy cutting. Compact, lightweight design fits comfortably in one hand. Perfect for organizing your home, kitchen, stationery, and office supplies. All refill...

f44e5ced3cbbab55a5535f2473e6150ad2bec7f3d3d270fa57d5722842b53dc2.png



kodakphotoprinter.com

Nothing extravagant, yet it costs little and gets the job done.
 
Back
Top