Make Sure You Get Your Protein!

Mochizuki0124 said:

A 2-week supply of protein! Keep in mind, reaching your protein target is impossible if you don't purchase enough protein!
The coconut Greek yogurt from Chobani is a favorite of mine!
 
I had never spotted that Kirkland egg white carton until now. Is it simply egg whites sold in a carton? And do you actually use it?
 
Skidude said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

A 2-week supply of protein! Keep in mind, reaching your protein target is impossible if you don't purchase enough protein!
The coconut Greek yogurt from Chobani is a favorite of mine!

I only just found blueberry Chobani recently.

Man, it's delicious
 
What I usually reached for as a snack was blackberries I picked myself, combined with granola and Chobani vanilla..

My routine was to warm the berries, let them cool down, and only then stir them into the mix..
 
Blend 3 scoops of powder with frozen fruit and greek yogurt, then add water or milk to loosen the consistency — that comes to 100 grams in 1 smoothie.
 
I made a really tasty ground turkey meatloaf and came up with a great recipe too!

It paired perfectly with mashed cauliflower and green beans on the side.

Nice cart
 
Shittersfull said:

I had never spotted that Kirkland egg white carton until now. Is it simply egg whites sold in a carton? And do you actually use it?
Yep, only egg whites, and they come in 6 individual cartons.
 
Almost the same items I purchase, only mine are all labeled Members Mark.

Since I feel like provoking a reaction, here's a statement that will probably annoy a few folks. Costco? Can't stand it. Sam's is better, and that's just a fact. Sure, some will take that like I insulted their child, but too bad. With more stores, shopping is simpler and it's not as packed. You can use the app to check out, so no waiting in lines. At the exit, a scanner verifies your cart, meaning nobody has to look at your receipt. And for business members (a small extra fee), you get entry 1 hour early plus cash back on what you spend. The selection is basically identical, but the overall experience is far superior.

Why anyone stays so devoted to Costco baffles me. Same deal with Chic-Fil-A. Nothing special, yet their PR teams are world-class and have somehow sold everyone on a quality that isn't really there.

f1ce961c74e1d20ef26116a46f3432fb03501aa8ba8b66ba9eb2bd064bdc1521.webp
 
5byfive said:

Almost the same items I purchase, only mine are all labeled Members Mark.

Since I feel like provoking a reaction, here's a statement that will probably annoy a few folks. Costco? Can't stand it. Sam's is better, and that's just a fact. Sure, some will take that like I insulted their child, but too bad. With more stores, shopping is simpler and it's not as packed. You can use the app to check out, so no waiting in lines. At the exit, a scanner verifies your cart, meaning nobody has to look at your receipt. And for business members (a small extra fee), you get entry 1 hour early plus cash back on what you spend. The selection is basically identical, but the overall experience is far superior.

Why anyone stays so devoted to Costco baffles me. Same deal with Chic-Fil-A. Nothing special, yet their PR teams are world-class and have somehow sold everyone on a quality that isn't really there.

View attachment 10506
That's exactly how I am too. After pricing out my usual Sam's items against what Costco would charge, staying with Sam's was the clear choice. And their Vanilla protein shake is a favorite of mine. I also pick up my syringes there for $9 a box.
 
sheilarae74 said:

5byfive said:

Almost the same items I purchase, only mine are all labeled Members Mark.

Since I feel like provoking a reaction, here's a statement that will probably annoy a few folks. Costco? Can't stand it. Sam's is better, and that's just a fact. Sure, some will take that like I insulted their child, but too bad. With more stores, shopping is simpler and it's not as packed. You can use the app to check out, so no waiting in lines. At the exit, a scanner verifies your cart, meaning nobody has to look at your receipt. And for business members (a small extra fee), you get entry 1 hour early plus cash back on what you spend. The selection is basically identical, but the overall experience is far superior.

Why anyone stays so devoted to Costco baffles me. Same deal with Chic-Fil-A. Nothing special, yet their PR teams are world-class and have somehow sold everyone on a quality that isn't really there.

View attachment 10506
That's exactly how I am too. After pricing out my usual Sam's items against what Costco would charge, staying with Sam's was the clear choice. And their Vanilla protein shake is a favorite of mine. I also pick up my syringes there for $9 a box.
I was a Plus member for 10 years before I learned this...

Sam's Club Plus Members are eligible for 10 select generic prescriptions at $0, and more than 600 generic drugs for $10 or less. The main points: 10 free generic drugs, a 30-day supply cap, and you need a Plus Membership

I also use the app and completely bypass the checkout lane. scan and go..
 
chmuse said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

A 2-week supply of protein! Keep in mind, reaching your protein target is impossible if you don't purchase enough protein!
Fiber. Come at me.
both..

Quinoa is a nutritious seed that delivers plenty of protein, fiber, and key minerals. A single cup (185 grams) of cooked quinoa contains 222 calories, 8 grams of protein, 39 grams of carbohydrates, and 5 grams of dietary fiber
 
5byfive said:

Almost the same items I purchase, only mine are all labeled Members Mark.

Since I feel like provoking a reaction, here's a statement that will probably annoy a few folks. Costco? Can't stand it. Sam's is better, and that's just a fact. Sure, some will take that like I insulted their child, but too bad. With more stores, shopping is simpler and it's not as packed. You can use the app to check out, so no waiting in lines. At the exit, a scanner verifies your cart, meaning nobody has to look at your receipt. And for business members (a small extra fee), you get entry 1 hour early plus cash back on what you spend. The selection is basically identical, but the overall experience is far superior.

Why anyone stays so devoted to Costco baffles me. Same deal with Chic-Fil-A. Nothing special, yet their PR teams are world-class and have somehow sold everyone on a quality that isn't really there.

View attachment 10506
Sam's Club isn't very common around here—the closest location sits 40miles from us. That said, I'm with you on the Chic-fil-a bit lol
 
Skidude said:

chmuse said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

A 2-week supply of protein! Keep in mind, reaching your protein target is impossible if you don't purchase enough protein!
Fiber. Come at me.
both..

Quinoa is a nutritious seed that delivers plenty of protein, fiber, and key minerals. A single cup (185 grams) of cooked quinoa contains 222 calories, 8 grams of protein, 39 grams of carbohydrates, and 5 grams of dietary fiber
Beans have become pretty much my whole diet at this point 😩

Pizza beans served over garlic bread are amazing
 
chmuse said:

Skidude said:

chmuse said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

A 2-week supply of protein! Keep in mind, reaching your protein target is impossible if you don't purchase enough protein!
Fiber. Come at me.
both..

Quinoa is a nutritious seed that delivers plenty of protein, fiber, and key minerals. A single cup (185 grams) of cooked quinoa contains 222 calories, 8 grams of protein, 39 grams of carbohydrates, and 5 grams of dietary fiber
Beans have become pretty much my whole diet at this point 😩

Pizza beans served over garlic bread are amazing
I'm a fan of these since they come in a can yet taste properly seasoned already.

4176d27d2f0dde2375d153539b8b02fc0436844296159afa4ea61128071e3828.webp
 
Skidude said:

chmuse said:

Skidude said:

chmuse said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

A 2-week supply of protein! Keep in mind, reaching your protein target is impossible if you don't purchase enough protein!
Fiber. Come at me.
both..

Quinoa is a nutritious seed that delivers plenty of protein, fiber, and key minerals. A single cup (185 grams) of cooked quinoa contains 222 calories, 8 grams of protein, 39 grams of carbohydrates, and 5 grams of dietary fiber
Beans have become pretty much my whole diet at this point 😩

Pizza beans served over garlic bread are amazing
I'm a fan of these since they come in a can yet taste properly seasoned already.

View attachment 10507
I've never come across those! My approach has been bulk pressure cooking, adding seasoning along the way.

A while back, my local grocery store was clearing out a huge amount of manager's special swordfish and tuna ❤️ and now my freezer is packed with it too.
 
sheilarae74 said:

5byfive said:

Almost the same items I purchase, only mine are all labeled Members Mark.

Since I feel like provoking a reaction, here's a statement that will probably annoy a few folks. Costco? Can't stand it. Sam's is better, and that's just a fact. Sure, some will take that like I insulted their child, but too bad. With more stores, shopping is simpler and it's not as packed. You can use the app to check out, so no waiting in lines. At the exit, a scanner verifies your cart, meaning nobody has to look at your receipt. And for business members (a small extra fee), you get entry 1 hour early plus cash back on what you spend. The selection is basically identical, but the overall experience is far superior.

Why anyone stays so devoted to Costco baffles me. Same deal with Chic-Fil-A. Nothing special, yet their PR teams are world-class and have somehow sold everyone on a quality that isn't really there.

View attachment 10506
That's exactly how I am too. After pricing out my usual Sam's items against what Costco would charge, staying with Sam's was the clear choice. And their Vanilla protein shake is a favorite of mine. I also pick up my syringes there for $9 a box.
Huh??? Over at my Sam's they're $12. Even so, 100 EasyTouch for that amount isn't terrible. That also tells me I need to pick up another carton.

On the warehouse side: when it comes to Rotisserie Chicken, Sam's Club wins over Costco without question, and Scan and Go is a big plus. Honestly, at my Costco the checkout queue often stretches beyond the food court.
 
Back
Top