Looking for Input on Adding Another Medication

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.

lessthanhalf said:

If you want a real answer, you'll need to share your current weight, height, goal weight, your reta dose, and how long you've been taking it. The only things I can see are your age and that ozempic helped you drop 20 lbs. Without the rest, anything anyone says is just a shot in the dark.

Flash-BCR said:

Redz said:

casons1miracle said:

Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

I believe this is getting out of hand. I didn't mean to offend anyone—my only aim is to assist in ways that are healthy. Aside from the first weight loss, having such disappointing outcomes points to a serious issue that isn't being tackled.

Redz said:

miameow said:

Redz said:

cheaperseeker said:

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Extreme hunger came up. Regardless of whether an exercise routine is in place, the medication isn't performing the way it ought to.
I get how it could look like that person just wants meds to handle everything while putting in nothing else.
Nope, that isn't true at all.

casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
Where exactly is the evidence of zero effort? Someone who genuinely did nothing would not have dropped any weight. Telling a person who has already shed 23 lbs, hit a plateau, and come here looking for guidance that they put in no work is simply not fair.

Redz said:

It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Genuine question: in what way does exercise fix intense hunger?

Honestly, these medications are designed to carry much of the load. That is precisely the goal, and the reason the GLP-1 market is growing so fast: they make losing weight less difficult.
Given that, my position doesn’t change: this post depends on medication. You’re free to disagree, but that’s my read. Physical activity can definitely assist in managing your body in various ways. Switching to foods that keep you satiated, for instance, is another point worth raising. Your perspective treats drugs as the only route, which is acceptable, yet it isn’t the best path for either health or outcomes.

I get that you weren’t trying to insult anyone, but intent doesn’t really settle this.

Not one of us has the qualifications to "assess" if the OP is “drug-dependent.” Passing that kind of judgment isn’t what this space is for.
Honesty is exactly what you'll get here. You see it as judgment; I see it as facing reality. The reality is that there's an issue here that goes beyond medication failing to curb hunger adequately. Before adding more drugs, diet and training need to be examined. That's all I have to say.
If that's true, then shouldn't every single one of us stop taking any glp-1 at all? The answer would simply be to improve our diets and move more. Are you personally following that approach?
My diet is ridiculously clean, and every day I do 1 hour of cardio plus 21 heavy workout sets. I’m able to manage this without glp’s, but I don’t hold others to that same standard. I was already doing all of this before I started Reta, and I’ve only been on it for about 1 month.

What I’m getting at is that you should be willing to examine every angle to reach your goal. By the way, cravings for food get worse when your diet is poor. The best thing about this process is that we can continue to level up and improve.

To answer the question: yes, nobody should take these drugs without first making other changes. It’s a lifestyle.
Perhaps we should give the OP the spotlight in this discussion now...The questions that @lessthanhalf just shared seem pertinent and could steer this thread back in the right direction... 👍
@casons1miracle

Glad to have you here — plenty of people will chime in on all sorts of subjects.

When we're able, a lot of us are glad to assist; it will serve you well to simply skip past replies you don't care for.

Now, on to what you asked.

What can you stack to get more benefit?

Click to expand...
Ozempic for 12 months, and 8 of those did nothing at all-

Could you share more about how you titrated? What dose?

Reta for 3 months, only 3lb down

Could you share more about how you titrated your dose?

We understand you're an active person

Could you share your CW GW?

Let's begin again 🙂
 
lessthanhalf said:

If you want a real answer, you'll need to share your current weight, height, goal weight, your reta dose, and how long you've been taking it. The only things I can see are your age and that ozempic helped you drop 20 lbs. Without the rest, anything anyone says is just a shot in the dark.
She still hasn't given any of the details people asked for, yet she's already jumping to "I guess this sub doesn't like newbies" along with provocative remarks.

"I dropped 20 pounds on ozempic across 12 months, so what now??" and "I'm not going to search this site for the 845 other threads covering this same subject, and I won't answer any questions either." There was room here for a useful conversation, but with no word on whether she's on .02 or .75, and no glimpse into whether any calories are being cut, it comes across as expecting us to sort through a pile of pointless speculation.

Everyone in this community wants to help, but this is like trying to finish a crossword with no clues.
 
casons1miracle said:

My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.

Things that might help: Metformin, and if the extra weight sits around your midsection at your age, tesamorelin, which also helps counter muscle loss. As for eating, keto and intermittent fasting. A 5-7 day fast is the most effective, though it can feel like torture; even so, it benefits not only weight but general health.
 
I'm simply trying to clarify for the OP why the replies he's receiving aren't very helpful. Unless there's some context provided, such as what I asked for before, nobody is in a position to offer meaningful suggestions about medication. So what you end up with is probably just each person's own opinions regarding weight loss, not something tailored to your circumstances.
 
Back
Top