casons1miracle said:
My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
lessthanhalf said:
If you want a real answer, you'll need to share your current weight, height, goal weight, your reta dose, and how long you've been taking it. The only things I can see are your age and that ozempic helped you drop 20 lbs. Without the rest, anything anyone says is just a shot in the dark.
@casons1miracleFlash-BCR said:
Perhaps we should give the OP the spotlight in this discussion now...The questions that @lessthanhalf just shared seem pertinent and could steer this thread back in the right direction...Redz said:
My diet is ridiculously clean, and every day I do 1 hour of cardio plus 21 heavy workout sets. I’m able to manage this without glp’s, but I don’t hold others to that same standard. I was already doing all of this before I started Reta, and I’ve only been on it for about 1 month.casons1miracle said:
If that's true, then shouldn't every single one of us stop taking any glp-1 at all? The answer would simply be to improve our diets and move more. Are you personally following that approach?Redz said:
Honesty is exactly what you'll get here. You see it as judgment; I see it as facing reality. The reality is that there's an issue here that goes beyond medication failing to curb hunger adequately. Before adding more drugs, diet and training need to be examined. That's all I have to say.miameow said:
Redz said:
I believe this is getting out of hand. I didn't mean to offend anyone—my only aim is to assist in ways that are healthy. Aside from the first weight loss, having such disappointing outcomes points to a serious issue that isn't being tackled.
Redz said:
Given that, my position doesn’t change: this post depends on medication. You’re free to disagree, but that’s my read. Physical activity can definitely assist in managing your body in various ways. Switching to foods that keep you satiated, for instance, is another point worth raising. Your perspective treats drugs as the only route, which is acceptable, yet it isn’t the best path for either health or outcomes.miameow said:
Nope, that isn't true at all.Redz said:
I get how it could look like that person just wants meds to handle everything while putting in nothing else.cheaperseeker said:
Extreme hunger came up. Regardless of whether an exercise routine is in place, the medication isn't performing the way it ought to.Redz said:
It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Where exactly is the evidence of zero effort? Someone who genuinely did nothing would not have dropped any weight. Telling a person who has already shed 23 lbs, hit a plateau, and come here looking for guidance that they put in no work is simply not fair.casons1miracle said:
My rs spent roughly a year on Ozempic. During the first 4 months, 20 pounds came off, then for the following 8 months there was no change at all. About 3 months ago, rs began reta, and since then rs has dropped 3 pounds. Evening hunger is still very strong, so I have been considering whether to add cagri or tirz. Which of those would work better? Thanks.
Genuine question: in what way does exercise fix intense hunger?Redz said:
It seems like a more comprehensive approach would be beneficial. From what I gather, you're expecting the medications to handle everything. Have you incorporated any exercise routine into this?
Honestly, these medications are designed to carry much of the load. That is precisely the goal, and the reason the GLP-1 market is growing so fast: they make losing weight less difficult.
I get that you weren’t trying to insult anyone, but intent doesn’t really settle this.
Not one of us has the qualifications to "assess" if the OP is “drug-dependent.” Passing that kind of judgment isn’t what this space is for.
What I’m getting at is that you should be willing to examine every angle to reach your goal. By the way, cravings for food get worse when your diet is poor. The best thing about this process is that we can continue to level up and improve.
To answer the question: yes, nobody should take these drugs without first making other changes. It’s a lifestyle.![]()
Glad to have you here — plenty of people will chime in on all sorts of subjects.
When we're able, a lot of us are glad to assist; it will serve you well to simply skip past replies you don't care for.
Now, on to what you asked.
Ozempic for 12 months, and 8 of those did nothing at all-What can you stack to get more benefit?
Click to expand...
Could you share more about how you titrated? What dose?
Reta for 3 months, only 3lb down
Could you share more about how you titrated your dose?
We understand you're an active person
Could you share your CW GW?
Let's begin again