Gr33dyOctopus
Explorer
How many ml of bac water should I use for each one ideally? Also, what's the dosing schedule? I've never used either before and have definitely done some reading, but I'd like to hear what my glp friends have to say right now.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
awesome! so how many mg per ml is your mix?MikeyMike said:
Gluta: I inject 100mg intramuscularly 3x weekly, though doses range between 100-300mg. Recently I picked up some Korean pink Gluta 1200 and intend to begin at 200 mg 3x per week.
NAD: the suggested approach is 25mg 3x per week for weeks 1-2, then 50mg 3x per week for weeks 3-4, then 100mg 3x per week. Going above 300mg weekly isn't advised. Personally I favor daily dosing at 50mg. Both IM and subQ have been options for me; subQ is my preference.
Glutathione tends to have a bit of a sting, and when I used my pink Korean one it ended up taking up more volume compared to standard pepsGr33dyOctopus said:
How many ml of bac water should I use for each one ideally? Also, what's the dosing schedule? I've never used either before and have definitely done some reading, but I'd like to hear what my glp friends have to say right now.
What made you go with these 2? I'm looking to begin a different protocol myself. Right now NAD is something I only use orally.Gr33dyOctopus said:
How many ml of bac water should I use for each one ideally? Also, what's the dosing schedule? I've never used either before and have definitely done some reading, but I'd like to hear what my glp friends have to say right now.
Nope, they aren't mine. I'm only testing the vials for some other folks, haha.Gt3294a said:
What made you go with these 2? I'm looking to begin a different protocol myself. Right now NAD is something I only use orally.Gr33dyOctopus said:
How many ml of bac water should I use for each one ideally? Also, what's the dosing schedule? I've never used either before and have definitely done some reading, but I'd like to hear what my glp friends have to say right now.
For the NAD, I use 5mL — that way I can shift my dose among 50, 75, or 100mg based on how I'm feeling that day and what's on my plate, without needing to do mental math first thing in the morning or grab another syringe lol. At that concentration, it barely stings for me. As for the glutathione, I go with 3mL since I'm injecting 200mg subq and I don't want the shot to exceed 1mL.Gr33dyOctopus said:
How many ml of bac water should I use for each one ideally? Also, what's the dosing schedule? I've never used either before and have definitely done some reading, but I'd like to hear what my glp friends have to say right now.
For a good while I followed the precursor supplementation route, and that was long before peptides and injections gained such widespread popularity.eidos said:
Injecting glutathione and NAD — I really don't get why this has become a thing.
With NAC and vitamin C, oral bioavailability isn't a problem. Same goes for B3, more or less. NR does spare me the stomach upset that niacin gives me, sure, but beyond that there's nothing to it.
Take them on a regular basis and your body lands at the proper biological levels just fine. On top of that, the digestive system has its own checks in place so you can't overload on these things.
So that's 2 shots of spicy stuff that I've got no real need for.
Saving money isn't the reason either, as far as I can tell.
Or is it just that you want something fresh to experiment with?
miameow said:
For a good while I followed the precursor supplementation route, and that was long before peptides and injections gained such widespread popularity.eidos said:
Injecting glutathione and NAD — I really don't get why this has become a thing.
With NAC and vitamin C, oral bioavailability isn't a problem. Same goes for B3, more or less. NR does spare me the stomach upset that niacin gives me, sure, but beyond that there's nothing to it.
Take them on a regular basis and your body lands at the proper biological levels just fine. On top of that, the digestive system has its own checks in place so you can't overload on these things.
So that's 2 shots of spicy stuff that I've got no real need for.
Saving money isn't the reason either, as far as I can tell.
Or is it just that you want something fresh to experiment with?
That said, precursor supplementation and direct administration don't map onto each other perfectly. When you administer directly, the effect can come on more acutely, since certain conversion steps get skipped.
From my own experience, out of every compound I've experimented with, glutathione is genuinely my top pick, mainly because the immediate lift I get from it is something precursors by themselves have never matched for me.
Is injecting glutathione or NAD necessary? No. Endogenous glutathione production can be supported with NAC and glycine, while niacin, nicotinamide, NR, or NMN can support NAD synthesis. The broader antioxidant system can also be supported by vitamin C.
Still.. I go with the injections purely because I feel far better using them. On top of that, I'd rather take two shots than keep adding 4+ oral supplements to my stack. My pill box will burst.
I wrote a similar but more detailed comment on this subject previously : FYI
I don't agree, and that's unfortunate. One key factor here is bioavailability. Even if the body eventually regulates these compounds, the route of administration can lead to markedly different peak levels and immediate effects. Such pharmacokinetic distinctions are relevant for every compound.eidos said:
miameow said:
For a good while I followed the precursor supplementation route, and that was long before peptides and injections gained such widespread popularity.eidos said:
Injecting glutathione and NAD — I really don't get why this has become a thing.
With NAC and vitamin C, oral bioavailability isn't a problem. Same goes for B3, more or less. NR does spare me the stomach upset that niacin gives me, sure, but beyond that there's nothing to it.
Take them on a regular basis and your body lands at the proper biological levels just fine. On top of that, the digestive system has its own checks in place so you can't overload on these things.
So that's 2 shots of spicy stuff that I've got no real need for.
Saving money isn't the reason either, as far as I can tell.
Or is it just that you want something fresh to experiment with?
That said, precursor supplementation and direct administration don't map onto each other perfectly. When you administer directly, the effect can come on more acutely, since certain conversion steps get skipped.
From my own experience, out of every compound I've experimented with, glutathione is genuinely my top pick, mainly because the immediate lift I get from it is something precursors by themselves have never matched for me.
Is injecting glutathione or NAD necessary? No. Endogenous glutathione production can be supported with NAC and glycine, while niacin, nicotinamide, NR, or NMN can support NAD synthesis. The broader antioxidant system can also be supported by vitamin C.
Still.. I go with the injections purely because I feel far better using them. On top of that, I'd rather take two shots than keep adding 4+ oral supplements to my stack. My pill box will burst.
I wrote a similar but more detailed comment on this subject previously : FYI
I appreciate you being straightforward. Feeling an improvement from the boost is fine.
So we're on the same page that this isn't a matter of bioavailability or going past a regulated biological threshold, correct?
Like you mentioned, kinetics is what's at play here. When we talk about availability, that's tied to concentrations, which means it's largely about dynamics.miameow said:
I don't agree, and that's unfortunate. One key factor here is bioavailability. Even if the body eventually regulates these compounds, the route of administration can lead to markedly different peak levels and immediate effects. Such pharmacokinetic distinctions are relevant for every compound.eidos said:
miameow said:
For a good while I followed the precursor supplementation route, and that was long before peptides and injections gained such widespread popularity.eidos said:
Injecting glutathione and NAD — I really don't get why this has become a thing.
With NAC and vitamin C, oral bioavailability isn't a problem. Same goes for B3, more or less. NR does spare me the stomach upset that niacin gives me, sure, but beyond that there's nothing to it.
Take them on a regular basis and your body lands at the proper biological levels just fine. On top of that, the digestive system has its own checks in place so you can't overload on these things.
So that's 2 shots of spicy stuff that I've got no real need for.
Saving money isn't the reason either, as far as I can tell.
Or is it just that you want something fresh to experiment with?
That said, precursor supplementation and direct administration don't map onto each other perfectly. When you administer directly, the effect can come on more acutely, since certain conversion steps get skipped.
From my own experience, out of every compound I've experimented with, glutathione is genuinely my top pick, mainly because the immediate lift I get from it is something precursors by themselves have never matched for me.
Is injecting glutathione or NAD necessary? No. Endogenous glutathione production can be supported with NAC and glycine, while niacin, nicotinamide, NR, or NMN can support NAD synthesis. The broader antioxidant system can also be supported by vitamin C.
Still.. I go with the injections purely because I feel far better using them. On top of that, I'd rather take two shots than keep adding 4+ oral supplements to my stack. My pill box will burst.
I wrote a similar but more detailed comment on this subject previously : FYI
I appreciate you being straightforward. Feeling an improvement from the boost is fine.
So we're on the same page that this isn't a matter of bioavailability or going past a regulated biological threshold, correct?
The point I'd push back on is the idea that bioavailability is consequently "mainly a matter of (pharmaco)dynamics,"eidos said:
Like you mentioned, kinetics is what's at play here. When we talk about availability, that's tied to concentrations, which means it's largely about dynamics.miameow said:
I don't agree, and that's unfortunate. One key factor here is bioavailability. Even if the body eventually regulates these compounds, the route of administration can lead to markedly different peak levels and immediate effects. Such pharmacokinetic distinctions are relevant for every compound.eidos said:
miameow said:
For a good while I followed the precursor supplementation route, and that was long before peptides and injections gained such widespread popularity.eidos said:
Injecting glutathione and NAD — I really don't get why this has become a thing.
With NAC and vitamin C, oral bioavailability isn't a problem. Same goes for B3, more or less. NR does spare me the stomach upset that niacin gives me, sure, but beyond that there's nothing to it.
Take them on a regular basis and your body lands at the proper biological levels just fine. On top of that, the digestive system has its own checks in place so you can't overload on these things.
So that's 2 shots of spicy stuff that I've got no real need for.
Saving money isn't the reason either, as far as I can tell.
Or is it just that you want something fresh to experiment with?
That said, precursor supplementation and direct administration don't map onto each other perfectly. When you administer directly, the effect can come on more acutely, since certain conversion steps get skipped.
From my own experience, out of every compound I've experimented with, glutathione is genuinely my top pick, mainly because the immediate lift I get from it is something precursors by themselves have never matched for me.
Is injecting glutathione or NAD necessary? No. Endogenous glutathione production can be supported with NAC and glycine, while niacin, nicotinamide, NR, or NMN can support NAD synthesis. The broader antioxidant system can also be supported by vitamin C.
Still.. I go with the injections purely because I feel far better using them. On top of that, I'd rather take two shots than keep adding 4+ oral supplements to my stack. My pill box will burst.
I wrote a similar but more detailed comment on this subject previously : FYI
I appreciate you being straightforward. Feeling an improvement from the boost is fine.
So we're on the same page that this isn't a matter of bioavailability or going past a regulated biological threshold, correct?
Put another way, what changes is how soon the initial peak arrives.
Think of it as flooring it the moment the light goes green: pointless if there's a cap on how fast you can go later.
as well as the framing that narrows route differences down to how soon the first peak arrives.eidos said:
Like you mentioned, kinetics is what's at play here. When we talk about availability, that's tied to concentrations, which means it's largely about dynamics.miameow said:
I don't agree, and that's unfortunate. One key factor here is bioavailability. Even if the body eventually regulates these compounds, the route of administration can lead to markedly different peak levels and immediate effects. Such pharmacokinetic distinctions are relevant for every compound.eidos said:
miameow said:
For a good while I followed the precursor supplementation route, and that was long before peptides and injections gained such widespread popularity.eidos said:
Injecting glutathione and NAD — I really don't get why this has become a thing.
With NAC and vitamin C, oral bioavailability isn't a problem. Same goes for B3, more or less. NR does spare me the stomach upset that niacin gives me, sure, but beyond that there's nothing to it.
Take them on a regular basis and your body lands at the proper biological levels just fine. On top of that, the digestive system has its own checks in place so you can't overload on these things.
So that's 2 shots of spicy stuff that I've got no real need for.
Saving money isn't the reason either, as far as I can tell.
Or is it just that you want something fresh to experiment with?
That said, precursor supplementation and direct administration don't map onto each other perfectly. When you administer directly, the effect can come on more acutely, since certain conversion steps get skipped.
From my own experience, out of every compound I've experimented with, glutathione is genuinely my top pick, mainly because the immediate lift I get from it is something precursors by themselves have never matched for me.
Is injecting glutathione or NAD necessary? No. Endogenous glutathione production can be supported with NAC and glycine, while niacin, nicotinamide, NR, or NMN can support NAD synthesis. The broader antioxidant system can also be supported by vitamin C.
Still.. I go with the injections purely because I feel far better using them. On top of that, I'd rather take two shots than keep adding 4+ oral supplements to my stack. My pill box will burst.
I wrote a similar but more detailed comment on this subject previously : FYI
I appreciate you being straightforward. Feeling an improvement from the boost is fine.
So we're on the same page that this isn't a matter of bioavailability or going past a regulated biological threshold, correct?
Put another way, what changes is how soon the initial peak arrives.
Think of it as flooring it the moment the light goes green: pointless if there's a cap on how fast you can go later.
Your traffic light analogy would only hold if all routes ended up producing identical results across every item listed above. In practice they frequently don't, and those gaps are meaningful.eidos said:
Like you mentioned, kinetics is what's at play here. When we talk about availability, that's tied to concentrations, which means it's largely about dynamics.miameow said:
I don't agree, and that's unfortunate. One key factor here is bioavailability. Even if the body eventually regulates these compounds, the route of administration can lead to markedly different peak levels and immediate effects. Such pharmacokinetic distinctions are relevant for every compound.eidos said:
miameow said:
For a good while I followed the precursor supplementation route, and that was long before peptides and injections gained such widespread popularity.eidos said:
Injecting glutathione and NAD — I really don't get why this has become a thing.
With NAC and vitamin C, oral bioavailability isn't a problem. Same goes for B3, more or less. NR does spare me the stomach upset that niacin gives me, sure, but beyond that there's nothing to it.
Take them on a regular basis and your body lands at the proper biological levels just fine. On top of that, the digestive system has its own checks in place so you can't overload on these things.
So that's 2 shots of spicy stuff that I've got no real need for.
Saving money isn't the reason either, as far as I can tell.
Or is it just that you want something fresh to experiment with?
That said, precursor supplementation and direct administration don't map onto each other perfectly. When you administer directly, the effect can come on more acutely, since certain conversion steps get skipped.
From my own experience, out of every compound I've experimented with, glutathione is genuinely my top pick, mainly because the immediate lift I get from it is something precursors by themselves have never matched for me.
Is injecting glutathione or NAD necessary? No. Endogenous glutathione production can be supported with NAC and glycine, while niacin, nicotinamide, NR, or NMN can support NAD synthesis. The broader antioxidant system can also be supported by vitamin C.
Still.. I go with the injections purely because I feel far better using them. On top of that, I'd rather take two shots than keep adding 4+ oral supplements to my stack. My pill box will burst.
I wrote a similar but more detailed comment on this subject previously : FYI
I appreciate you being straightforward. Feeling an improvement from the boost is fine.
So we're on the same page that this isn't a matter of bioavailability or going past a regulated biological threshold, correct?
Put another way, what changes is how soon the initial peak arrives.
Think of it as flooring it the moment the light goes green: pointless if there's a cap on how fast you can go later.
Regarding effects:FartfulCodger said:
If I've got this right — when what I'm after is overall systemic exposure, oral supplements could get me to those same serum levels (?). Possibly needing a bigger dose, so the liver doesn't ruin things?
I'm already injecting plenty of stuff, and my guess is going oral costs far less. Could be less risky too, given that I trust the Western organizations doing the certifying.