sfkid said:
toologic said:
CornPop said:
I found it interesting. The first half got my attention, and I may wrap up the rest tomorrow. One thing that seemed strange: the peptide expert didn’t give the > 500 lb jelly roll a weight loss peptide?? Instead, he devised some kind of protocol that led to a 250lb loss. They also appeared to frame glp-1s negatively, almost as if it isn’t a peptide that has aided more people than every other peptide put together. That felt pretty weird to me.
Still interesting, but I’m not sure I trust this guy.
My functional MD is still convinced it comes down to garbage in, garbage out — eat clean and exercise, and GLP's won't be necessary. For a lot of people that holds true, but not everyone, especially with weight. The genetic testing segment stood out to me. I've used both Tirz and Reta. With TIrz, nothing happened — my insulin resistance went up and I didn't drop a single pound. Reta brought my cholesterol down, lowered IR, and cut my A1c by .1. I have shed a few pounds, but it's slow going. I'd really like to understand what's happening. I'm already at 10mg, and only at 10 did I see any weight come off or notice any appetite suppression.
There's nothing mystical about GLPs — they don't melt weight away on their own. What they do is blunt hunger, and that ought to push you into a calorie shortfall, which then forces your body to burn stored fat, and that is what produces weight loss.
If the scale isn't budging, a calorie shortfall may be missing. Perhaps adding more movement (extra steps) would help.
If hunger isn't being blunted at all, something else could be going on (a poor-quality reta batch? / not being a hyper responder to GLPs?). It's also possible that a larger dose is needed, plus some time for it to build up in your system...
How long have you been using Reta?