Is there a low-cost compounder that ships to California? A friend is not ready for grey

zebit0

Explorer
Joined
Oct 26, 2024
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
California
A friend of mine was about to enrol in the Lilly direct $400/month program, and I am trying to make the case that a compounding pharmacy is both safe and far cheaper.

Labender Sky Health is one I have pointed people to in the past, though better options surely exist by now.

Big Easy Weight Loss ($166/month to start) gets recommended by randos on Reddit, but I suspect the people here are better at suggesting such things.

Does anyone have an affordable, reliable compounding Tirz option that ships to California to recommend?
 
zebit0 said:

A friend of mine was about to enrol in the Lilly direct $400/month program, and I am trying to make the case that a compounding pharmacy is both safe and far cheaper.

Labender Sky Health is one I have pointed people to in the past, though better options surely exist by now.

Big Easy Weight Loss ($166/month to start) gets recommended by randos on Reddit, but I suspect the people here are better at suggesting such things.

Does anyone have an affordable, reliable compounding Tirz option that ships to California to recommend?
Are you in the wrong forum? Everything I have seen on here is mostly grey. Best of luck!
 
Yeah, grey is really all I know, so I was hoping someone landed here after finding a decent Tirz compounder first. Hopefully that is the route my friend ends up taking. And thanks to whoever moved this into the right spot. Though this looks like a ... slow category. Which makes sense, to be fair.
 
Big easy weight loss was who I used and they were decent.

Edit: I take it source discussion does not include compounding. Sorry if that is wrong.
 
This is roughly what Reddit has to say, a few of them were new to me, thank you:

  • Refills
  • JoinBigEasy
  • Fifty410
  • BrelloHealth
  • Gimme. Care
  • LavenderSkyHealth
  • GobyMeds
  • GoodLifeMeds
 
LavenderSky is a good one but the pricier end. Big Easy is all over Reddit and seems to have excellent customer service, particularly for anyone with more questions who needs advice. Pomegranate health is among the cheaper choices at higher doses. Lower cost and lower customer service, but it worked fine for me in the past. Zelmar702 posted the reddit link. It is a minefield of complaints and repeated questions, but there is useful compounded information in there too. Hope that helps your friend.
 
Refills had the lowest pricing I came across. The best price lives in the r/Refills subreddit, and there is a link at the top. My suggestion would be to tell the provider you are on the 15mg dose so they send the 72mg vials, which will last you a good while.
 
Refills, and use the march special link pinned at the top of their Reddit sub. No additive from prorx with them. Trillium runs pro rx as well, much better overall customer support when you need it, and prices a little higher.
 
She can look up the website GLPWINNERS .com, which is used by a lot of Telehealth compounding companies...that lets her compare prices across different vendors and read what clients say about them. My sister was pointed there by me until she finally came over to the grey side.

Over those months she watched me drop weight at 12bucks a vial while she was paying 200+ 😆 it took her about 3 months to get past the worry.
 
Mochi was who I used before going grey. No complaints at all. Cheap for a compound pharmacy. Their Tirzepatide was compounded with glycine. Glycine is still part of my maintenance routine alongside my grey tirz.
 
Brello was my choice, though if I had stayed with compound, Big Easy would have been on my list. I have friends on Brello who are happy with it
 
randompersonrandom said:

Brello was my choice, though if I had stayed with compound, Big Easy would have been on my list. I have friends on Brello who are happy with it

Brello commands real loyalty and plenty of people rate their product. My one order never got used, largely down to the brown vials, the additives, and vial labels that looked very amateurish. It was cheap though, and a month later I used the Rx with a different provider that wanted proof of dosage.

As for Big Easy, I am not much of a fan of Dave, whether he is the owner, the principal or whatever title he holds there. Like Brello, plenty of people are fond of Dave, but I am not one of them and would never order from BEWL.

Refills and Pomegranate handled my final compounded tirzepatide orders before I found my way to grey. Both were fine experiences.

[@zebit0 The folks over in the compounded tirzepatide subreddit are who I would trust. It is a huge forum, and there is plenty of knowledge there about which providers ship to CA and which option comes out cheapest. Personally, back when compounded was what I used, the price mattered less to me than which compound pharmacy I wanted mixing my meds. A 503b was what I tended to look for. But that is just my 2cents.
 
Pomegranate went through a stretch of reddit drama, as I recall, where the vendor site got compromised and then a moderator who was not an employee disclosed PHI on the subreddit.
 
myopicmystic said:

Pomegranate went through a stretch of reddit drama, as I recall, where the vendor site got compromised and then a moderator who was not an employee disclosed PHI on the subreddit.

Holy cow! Seeing PHI released is terrible, I would be furious. ProRx’s last FDA inspection kicked up a lot of drama as well.

That board has not seen me in a long time, so the Pomegranate drama passed me by. If the OP posts over in the subreddit, though, this kind of thing surfaces more on Reddit than it does here, since most people here are focused on grey.
 
Grogu said:

randompersonrandom said:

Brello was my choice, though if I had stayed with compound, Big Easy would have been on my list. I have friends on Brello who are happy with it

Brello commands real loyalty and plenty of people rate their product. My one order never got used, largely down to the brown vials, the additives, and vial labels that looked very amateurish. It was cheap though, and a month later I used the Rx with a different provider that wanted proof of dosage.

As for Big Easy, I am not much of a fan of Dave, whether he is the owner, the principal or whatever title he holds there. Like Brello, plenty of people are fond of Dave, but I am not one of them and would never order from BEWL.

Refills and Pomegranate handled my final compounded tirzepatide orders before I found my way to grey. Both were fine experiences.

[@zebit0 The folks over in the compounded tirzepatide subreddit are who I would trust. It is a huge forum, and there is plenty of knowledge there about which providers ship to CA and which option comes out cheapest. Personally, back when compounded was what I used, the price mattered less to me than which compound pharmacy I wanted mixing my meds. A 503b was what I tended to look for. But that is just my 2cents.
What exactly bothers you about BEWL? The negative reviews seem thin on the ground, so I would like to hear your take

Maximus said:

Give glp winner a look when comparing providers.
I gave that a try but a couple of the providers people commonly recommend, BEWL among them, are missing from it.

At any dose, BEWL seems to work out to $200/month.
 
zebit0 said:

Grogu said:

randompersonrandom said:

Brello was my choice, though if I had stayed with compound, Big Easy would have been on my list. I have friends on Brello who are happy with it

Brello commands real loyalty and plenty of people rate their product. My one order never got used, largely down to the brown vials, the additives, and vial labels that looked very amateurish. It was cheap though, and a month later I used the Rx with a different provider that wanted proof of dosage.

As for Big Easy, I am not much of a fan of Dave, whether he is the owner, the principal or whatever title he holds there. Like Brello, plenty of people are fond of Dave, but I am not one of them and would never order from BEWL.

Refills and Pomegranate handled my final compounded tirzepatide orders before I found my way to grey. Both were fine experiences.

[@zebit0 The folks over in the compounded tirzepatide subreddit are who I would trust. It is a huge forum, and there is plenty of knowledge there about which providers ship to CA and which option comes out cheapest. Personally, back when compounded was what I used, the price mattered less to me than which compound pharmacy I wanted mixing my meds. A 503b was what I tended to look for. But that is just my 2cents.
What exactly bothers you about BEWL? The negative reviews seem thin on the ground, so I would like to hear your take

Maximus said:

Give glp winner a look when comparing providers.
I gave that a try but a couple of the providers people commonly recommend, BEWL among them, are missing from it.

At any dose, BEWL seems to work out to $200/month.

There are really no concerns about BEWL as such, and as I mentioned, BEWL has a huge following and lots of people in the compounded tirzepatide subreddit LOVE Dave. He is not a terrible person or anything. Back in the day BEWL’s pricing was set differently and my impression is they sat at the pricier end and/or may have wanted you to meet a provider virtually.

About a year of my time was on compounded tirzepatide, and what mattered to me was the compounding pharmacy more than the telehealth company. The telehealths are just middlemen in my mind. So the telehealth I would pick is whichever one hands you the compounder pharmacy you want at the lowest price. I had no loyalty to any telehealth, but plenty to a compound pharmacy.
 
Sorry, I am no help here, though it does make me wonder whether compounding pharmacies will ever arrive in the UK? I cannot see it happening tbh.
 
Back
Top