Is Tesa Out of the Game? CBL-514 Steps In as the New Tesa

Super Trips

Explorer
Joined
Dec 25, 2024
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Location
Silk Road Marketplace
CBL-514 is an investigational injectable medication that could prove both safe and effective when it comes to trimming stubborn fat deposits under the skin of the abdomen.
 
Super Trips said:

CBL-514 is an investigational injectable medication that could prove both safe and effective when it comes to trimming stubborn fat deposits under the skin of the abdomen.
I'd really like to see some articles or links on this. Yeah, I'm aware Google is a thing, but what I'm more interested in is what you've personally come across, rather than Google's chilly robot-brain algorithm, haha.

That said, I'm not convinced Tesa/Egrifta is on its way out. From what you're saying, CBL-514 targets subcutaneous fat, whereas Tesa goes after visceral fat with full force. Whether pairing them carries any serious risks, I can't say, but if you did stack them, you'd probably end up looking like a Ghoul straight out of Fallout, I'd bet!
 
Super Trips said:

CBL-514 is an investigational injectable medication that could prove both safe and effective when it comes to trimming stubborn fat deposits under the skin of the abdomen.

What do you mean when you say it's safe? The 3 things that concern me before I'd start Tesa are edema, plus cortisol and prolactin going up.

Once the FDA gets around to banning every peptide, they're really going to have their work cut out for them, because my guess is it'll have to happen compound by compound. A blanket ban covering every compound that exists or was ever synthesized doesn't seem like something they can pull off. At least I hope not. What science needs is thousands, possibly millions, of brand new peptides, each altered just enough in its structure to count as its own compound while producing comparable effects.

All it should take is a handful of tech bro scientists armed with AI to start churning out millions of fresh peptides daily and send those FDA luddites back into their cave.
 
Can you actually purchase CBL-514 at this point? To be clear, I'm talking about the grey market, not the big pharma version.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Can you actually purchase CBL-514 at this point? To be clear, I'm talking about the grey market, not the big pharma version.

I only began looking into it once I came across this post. Still, my hunch is that even if it isn't, that situation won't last long. What really grabs my attention is the safety profile, assuming it turns out to be comparable to the peptides in the 'morelin' class.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Can you actually purchase CBL-514 at this point? To be clear, I'm talking about the grey market, not the big pharma version.
"It is a proprietary small-molecule drug currently in Phase 3 clinical trials and owned exclusively by Caliway Biopharmaceuticals, a publicly traded company based in Taiwan (TWSE: 6919)"

That lines up well enough with what we've been hearing 😉
 
I would need to dig around for the references, so for now you will just have to trust me on this, but the product is reportedly a proprietary blend built mainly around Curcumin and resveratrol (possibly at a 4:1 ratio). No published formula is out there, and that is likely the reason it has not shown up broadly on the grey market. At least 1 animal study hints that it may also do something for visceral and hepatic fat along with certain metabolic parameters. What grabbed my attention the most, though — and again, I would have to dig this up — was 1 animal study indicating that weight regain after GLP-1 was reduced when CBL-514 was used at the same time. So it does appear to work and be fairly safe for subcutaneous fat, while possibly having other uses too.

It is intriguing. Compared with some of the deoxyxcholate-based formulas, it also seems less harsh. After searching a bit, I have not located the exact formula, or anyone producing it, anywhere.
 
Skimming it, this looks like something aimed at localised fat rather than visceral fat, which makes it a different animal from tesa.

Per the paper, CBL-514 from Caliway Biopharmaceuticals in New Taipei City, Taiwan is a small-molecule injected lipolytic: in nonclinical work it drives adipocyte apoptosis and shrinks subcutaneous fat in a targeted way, with no reports of skin necrosis, ulceration, nerve damage or systemic side effects.
 
Back
Top