johnny01
Explorer
I've come across several posts where folks combine these 2 compounds. Since reta already covers what tirzepatide covers, just with an extra effect, wouldn't putting the 2 together be kind of pointless?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
johnny01 said:
I've come across several posts where folks combine these 2 compounds. Since reta already covers what tirzepatide covers, just with an extra effect, wouldn't putting the 2 together be kind of pointless?
How much of each are you taking? I worked my way up to 15 mg of tirz, then switched over to Reta. Right now I'm on 5mg, and for the past 2 weeks I've been adding 5mg of tirz on top since my appetite is still there. It didn't do anything for me though… I'm still starving. I'm trying to work out if the answer is upping my Reta, upping my tirz, or accepting that maybe Reta just isn't the right fit for me and so on.AllCourtTENNIS said:
A lot of folks who stack the two do it because tirzepatide handles food noise better than reta does. I'm in that group. My journey started with tirz, I climbed to a high dose, hit a stall, and then brought reta in while pulling my tirz dose down. I'm happy with my stack. Since I'm near goal and putting my energy into heavy weight lifting, the pounds come off slowly each week, but comparing month to month I can see the change. Week to week things stay steady. Food noise is gone, appetite is low, and I'm not dealing with side effects.
Yep, there's a noticeable difference for sure...and I might add some sema as well, giving me a 3rd GLP pin day each week...I'd toss in a "what a time to be alive" line, but I've probably worn that one out with all the KPV, KLOW, Basic, saline stuff...so I'll skip it...ladyj779 said:
Yep. What else?
All joking aside, each one hits me in a way that feels distinct. They also seem to work together. I've recently thrown a little sema into the mix too. That one has its own distinct feel as well.
Right now I'm on .25 sema (I spent 8 weeks at .13mg), 3mg of reta, and this week I'll bump tirz up to 10mg. I'm roughly 10lbs out from my goal, and I've had nothing or next to nothing in the way of side effects since I began on Jan 23. Since Feb 15 I'm down 75lbs.
I've also dropped 100+ pounds "naturally." On more than one occasion. Every time it was pure white knuckling. These days, managing my weight feels doable and--what's more--something I can keep up.
My strong suggestion is that people try the various medications carefully, so they can fine-tune how well they're able to better their health over the long haul.
Troposphere said:
The other day I came across this chart on a different forum. I can't say how accurate it is, but it seems to line up with what users of each compound report, as well as what people who stack several compounds say.
My thinking is that it might help show how someone can tailor their GLP-1 use to land on whatever balance of receptor agonism suits the researcher best.
If I have this wrong, someone with more knowledge than me should step in and say so, but from what I understand a lower Ki binding value indicates lower affinity for the receptor. Put another way, the smaller the number, the better it works at that receptor.
View attachment 13910
In my view, this also makes the figures easier to interpretJack Rabbit Slims said:
Anyone using ChatGPT or a similar tool can take this image and ask how those figures tie into the way the three compounds each function. The response gives a reasonably solid rundown of how to interpret the numbers. It isn't simply a matter of one figure being stronger or weaker than another.![]()
Are you drawing tirz and reta into one syringe, or are you doing 2 separate injections?johnny01 said:
I have seen a few posts of people stacking the 2 compounds together. Doesnt reta do exactly what tirzepatide does but with an added affect? So stacking the 2 together is sort of irrelevant?
Click to expand...
The usual recommendation is to avoid actually combining different glps, whether that's in the same vial or the same syringe.bokonon said:
Are you drawing tirz and reta into one syringe, or are you doing 2 separate injections?
That's useful info. I'll check into it.Jack Rabbit Slims said:
Anyone using ChatGPT or a similar tool can take this image and ask how those figures tie into the way the three compounds each function. The response gives a reasonably solid rundown of how to interpret the numbers. It isn't simply a matter of one figure being stronger or weaker than another.![]()
I fed this chart to Gemini and ran a handful of pointed questions past it, and from what I can tell, a lower Ki value really does line up with greater potency at that receptor. In your view, where am I going wrong? Or asked differently — what did your own query turn up?Jack Rabbit Slims said:
Anyone using ChatGPT or a similar tool can take this image and ask how those figures tie into the way the three compounds each function. The response gives a reasonably solid rundown of how to interpret the numbers. It isn't simply a matter of one figure being stronger or weaker than another.![]()
When I first started tirzepatide, the way it silenced food noise was incredible — these days I can eat whatever I want.AllCourtTENNIS said:
A lot of folks who stack the two do it because tirzepatide handles food noise better than reta does. I'm in that group. My journey started with tirz, I climbed to a high dose, hit a stall, and then brought reta in while pulling my tirz dose down. I'm happy with my stack. Since I'm near goal and putting my energy into heavy weight lifting, the pounds come off slowly each week, but comparing month to month I can see the change. Week to week things stay steady. Food noise is gone, appetite is low, and I'm not dealing with side effects.
It's great to hear this has been so effective in your case. Maybe I should give that kind of experimenting a shot as well, since the food noise has gotten its grip on me once more.ladyj779 said:
Yep. What else?
All joking aside, each one hits me in a way that feels distinct. They also seem to work together. I've recently thrown a little sema into the mix too. That one has its own distinct feel as well.
Right now I'm on .25 sema (I spent 8 weeks at .13mg), 3mg of reta, and this week I'll bump tirz up to 10mg. I'm roughly 10lbs out from my goal, and I've had nothing or next to nothing in the way of side effects since I began on Jan 23. Since Feb 15 I'm down 75lbs.
I've also dropped 100+ pounds "naturally." On more than one occasion. Every time it was pure white knuckling. These days, managing my weight feels doable and--what's more--something I can keep up.
My strong suggestion is that people try the various medications carefully, so they can fine-tune how well they're able to better their health over the long haul.