Is anyone here using tirz for maintenance?

I’ve stayed at my goal weight for no less than 12 months, and my dose hasn’t changed since I reached that goal.
 
skaylife said:

ColdSmoke said:

A fairly recent study strongly indicates that keeping your highest dose is the way to go for maintenance — it looked at weight coming back when people reduced their dose for maintenance. I came across a clip about it from the Downsized on YT
My own experience runs counter to that theory. At a maintenance dose of 2mg of Tirz each week, I keep dropping weight. What they say may hold true in some cases, yet it does not apply to everyone. It probably fits people who have moved up to bigger doses. It does not fit those who never went above smaller doses for the entire ride. My tirz began at 2.5mg. After 4 weeks I went up to 5mg, and that is where I remained for 32weeks. Since 6 weeks ago I have been on 2mg for maintenance. The weight is still coming off. There were hard moments too. Still, I never thought tirz alone would get me to my goal. Some effort of your own is required. When cravings hit, I chose to ignore food rather than raise the dose, since I understood that walking away from it would only get harder later. Right now I do not have the courage to quit entirely. But I will

I agree with you. This will be particularly the case for people who used larger doses and for those who shed bigger proportions of their body weight
 
I hit my goal on July 9, after precisely a year on Tirz, and I've stayed at 6 mg since December. I'm really eager to find out whether I'll have to bump it up at some stage over the coming year - that post about someone holding the same dose after a year has me 🤞
 
15mg of Tirz is what I take to maintain, which isn't ideal. I've started reta as well, hoping to restart progress, but I've stayed at the same weight and same dose for close to a year. Trying 20mg Tirz, plus Survo, plus Cagri didn't change anything. On the bright side, 15mg Tirz is keeping my 80 pound loss steady - I'd just prefer the final number to be 120.
 
cldfront said:

15mg of Tirz is what I take to maintain, which isn't ideal. I've started reta as well, hoping to restart progress, but I've stayed at the same weight and same dose for close to a year. Trying 20mg Tirz, plus Survo, plus Cagri didn't change anything. On the bright side, 15mg Tirz is keeping my 80 pound loss steady - I'd just prefer the final number to be 120.
So you're still aiming to drop weight, but you've hit a plateau? Losing 80 pounds is amazing—congrats!
 
Mayostardayonnaise said:

I hit my goal on July 9, after precisely a year on Tirz, and I've stayed at 6 mg since December. I'm really eager to find out whether I'll have to bump it up at some stage over the coming year - that post about someone holding the same dose after a year has me 🤞
Honestly, it's hard to figure out whether folks require a reduced dose to maintain, or whether they simply hit a random plateau and that's the end of it
 
YoYoFat said:

I’ve stayed at my goal weight for no less than 12 months, and my dose hasn’t changed since I reached that goal.
Once you hit your target, how do you keep from dropping additional pounds? Your body has no idea that your goal weight is X, so what stops the continued loss if you aren't lowering your dose?
 
Jfrick11 said:

In my case, maintenance has lasted more than a year, and what matters most has been how often I inject rather than the amount. I stayed at or below 7.5 mg the whole time, since I had no wish to wipe out my appetite entirely; my aim was only to turn down the food noise so I could choose better. Over time, my whole connection with food has changed.... For the first time ever, it's a healthy one. I finally understand the joy of giving your body things you know are good for it. 😊

After reaching my goal weight, rather than lowering the dose, I raised my calories to maintenance level and spaced out my shots.

These days it's about 1 injection every 3-4 months.... My body seems to do some kind of reset.... Another 5lbs will come off with nothing different on my part.

It's almost as if it has to get used to this new weight for a while. I'm considering going down to 5mg/ week while keeping the same spacing.... Because there isn't another 5 for me to lose. A problem I never imagined having.
Amazing! Delighted for you!
 
My weight-loss stretch ran 7 months and wrapped up a bit more than a year back. The highest I reached was 10mg/week of Tirz, though I only took 3 shots at that 10mg ceiling. The bulk of the drop happened across 4 months while I was at 4mg/week and 6mg/week. SW was 280, and I landed at CW 218. I chose to aim for maintenance at 218, which sits 18lbs above the goal I'd ideally want. One factor was the idea that my body could adjust more smoothly and be less inclined to claw weight back if I kept some fat on. I stepped the dose down to 4mg, and that's where I've stayed for 13 months. Across the past year my intermediate target of 218lbs has held, give or take 5lbs.

At 8mg+ the sleep disruption bothered me, and I also wanted to give my skin, and maybe my metabolism, room to catch up. I've come across the view that a weight setpoint can be nudged down over time, which would make maintaining simpler as time goes on. I accept that I'll probably need some dose of a GLP medication for life, but my preference is to keep that dose as low as I can. Definitely not 10mg+ of Tirz if there's any way around it. To me this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Only 1 month ago I chose to add Reta and possibly swap out my maintenance Tirz for it. Right now I'm on 4mg Tirz plus 1.5mg Reta each week, increasing Reta and planning to bring Tirz down before long. I've also dropped 3 lbs over the last month. My target weight is 200lbs, so I want to shed another 15lb to reach it. It hinges on how far up I have to push the Reta dose to get there. Down the road I'd like to hold at 200lbs using whichever of Tirz or Reta turns out to be my long-term pick.

One thing I can say: a year of maintenance at 4mg/week Tirz taught me a lot. At that dose I can still notice certain Tirz effects, yet keeping at goal also takes a measure of willpower. Tirz has helped with maintenance, but at a moderate dose it isn't doing the entire job on its own. There are trade offs, and if you're set on a lower dose, you have to accept that some ongoing effort comes with it.
 
Back
Top