UghItsStupidNIHateIT
Explorer
Is there anyone taking tirz at a maintenance dose? How does that stack up against the dose you used while actively dropping weight?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I really appreciate you telling me about this! It means a lot to me! There are a ton of factors at play, I realize, but once I reach maintenance my plan is likely to taper to the smallest dose that still works. What a crazy journey this has been!J Arbey said:
Right now I take 6mg of Tirz every 5 days to maintain. My weight has stayed within +/- 2lb for the past 6 weeks.
Before this I was at 15mg Tirz every 7 days - my dose and schedule shifted around some.
I've lost 63lbs, and I no longer require other medications for my T2DM or my blood pressure.
( I'm not looking to drop more weight ... )
I feel great !
Finding the right approach for each person is probably going to take trial and error, there are too many variables.
Perhaps a few years from now there will be real clinical testing and guidelines.
As it stands, it feels like a Roll Your Own answer.
YMMV
Be Safe![]()
Appreciate it! I’ll head over and check out that study. My hunch is that if I kept taking my highest dose while maintaining, the weight loss would just continue. Not sure though — I might be mistaken about that.deluge said:
man, this tab's been sitting open for 24 hours and I was hoping to pick something up! Is nobody doing maintenance?
In the Phase III Surmount-Maintain trial, subjects who continued at their highest tolerated dose held their goal weight without regaining.
When participants stepped down to a 5mg maintenance dose, they regained 30% of what they had lost — in other words, they kept 70% of the total reduction.
An independent study from Scripps kept people at goal weight on the same dose but stretched the time between shots to 14d. Worth noting: those patients were using either Tirz or Sema. By the end of that study (4 mo's later I think But not sure?), they had dropped another 2-4lbs on average. Fair warning, it was a small study — just 30 people.
Another route: someone I'm assisting chose to step down to 2.5mg/wk for maint (his max was only 3.5mg/wk since he didn't have a very large amount to lose, 22lbs). For the last 3 weeks of maintenance, that's been working for him.
I’ve been considering introducing Reta, but honestly I’m a bit frightened5byfive said:
After dropping a significant amount of weight, I started Tirz mainly to keep food noise in check. At 4.5mg, that worked well, but once the early tiredness wore off, my energy still felt somewhat below where it used to be. I had been on that amount for roughly a couple of months. I lowered it to 3.5mg and introduced 1mg of Reta, and that combination appears to hit the sweet spot. I get everything 4.5mg Tirz gave me, plus my energy is back to normal.
For the past 6 weeks I've been taking a maintenance amount of 2mg/week of Tirz, along with ipa+cjc1295 No Dac at 350mcg each day, and over the last 5 weeks I dropped 4kg. Today marks the 7th day since my previous injection, and I still feel no hunger at all. That said, every day I also fast from 05:00 AM until 12:00PM, which I start after injecting the ipa+cjc stack. Because of this daily fasting, I believe I've grown accustomed to eating only a small amount. My stomach has shrunk inward and I'm unable to consume large portions. Right now I'd say appetite suppression depends less on Tirz. SW:102kg GW:77kg CW:73kg. SW to GW 36 weeksUghItsStupidNIHateIT said:
Is there anyone taking tirz at a maintenance dose? How does that stack up against the dose you used while actively dropping weight?
My own experience runs counter to that theory. At a maintenance dose of 2mg of Tirz each week, I keep dropping weight. What they say may hold true in some cases, yet it does not apply to everyone. It probably fits people who have moved up to bigger doses. It does not fit those who never went above smaller doses for the entire ride. My tirz began at 2.5mg. After 4 weeks I went up to 5mg, and that is where I remained for 32weeks. Since 6 weeks ago I have been on 2mg for maintenance. The weight is still coming off. There were hard moments too. Still, I never thought tirz alone would get me to my goal. Some effort of your own is required. When cravings hit, I chose to ignore food rather than raise the dose, since I understood that walking away from it would only get harder later. Right now I do not have the courage to quit entirely. But I willColdSmoke said:
A fairly recent study strongly indicates that keeping your highest dose is the way to go for maintenance — it looked at weight coming back when people reduced their dose for maintenance. I came across a clip about it from the Downsized on YT
Adding a stack isn't something I'd recommend without a real purpose behind it, but when there's a legitimate reason, it can work well. On Tirz my heart rate climbed somewhat; it has since dropped back partially yet remains slightly elevated, though introducing Reta didn't produce any rise for me. My thinking is that if Tirz already gave you that increase, a low dose of Reta likely won't, whereas if Tirz didn't, the odds may be higher. In any case, a conservative stack probably won't bring many side effects.UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:
I’ve been considering introducing Reta, but honestly I’m a bit frightened5byfive said:
After dropping a significant amount of weight, I started Tirz mainly to keep food noise in check. At 4.5mg, that worked well, but once the early tiredness wore off, my energy still felt somewhat below where it used to be. I had been on that amount for roughly a couple of months. I lowered it to 3.5mg and introduced 1mg of Reta, and that combination appears to hit the sweet spot. I get everything 4.5mg Tirz gave me, plus my energy is back to normal.