JohannesSweden77 said:
HouseCat said:
If they're a good fit for you, my advice would be to stay with them and simply inform them that you'll keep taking the medication, though you'll be obtaining it elsewhere.
I don't know the specifics of how things operate in Sweden's healthcare system, but here's an anecdotal case from the U.S....A specialist I saw would only prescribe medicine A on the condition that I also took medicine B, which brought me terrible side effects with zero upside, so I quit it. Because my grad school program shared several courses with Med School, I'd picked up some pharmacology and could tell that her justification for medicine B was nonsense. Big pharma swag from the company that made med B was plastered all over her office...I understood the situation: kickbacks for prescribing medicine B were coming her way. She only discovered I'd stopped med B, though, when my bloodwork came back showing none of it. (I got rid of her at the earliest opportunity since she was shady in every conceivable way.)
Given how modern healthcare tracks things, I'm sure those who need to know can determine what you're on through insurance, doctor and pharmacy records, but a good doctor prioritizes your health over the source of your meds.
To put it briefly, this is how healthcare in Sweden is structured:
Sweden's healthcare system is funded by the public, covers everyone, and is heavily decentralized. Its foundation is the idea that all people residing in Sweden should have the same access to top-quality medical care, no matter their income or background.
High-Cost Protection (Högkostnadsskydd)
So that medical expenses don't turn into a financial strain, Sweden relies on a safety net known as högkostnadsskydd. This functions as a firm yearly ceiling on the amount you must pay yourself during a rolling 12-month period.
Sure, artificial intelligence produced this text, but my small human brain couldn't have put it any more clearly.