Inquiry regarding physicians

JohannesSweden77

Explorer
Joined
Jun 14, 2026
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
Location
Sweden
I've got a specific doctor assigned through the online weight loss program I'm with, and I appreciate having a person available for questions plus assistance with lab work and similar things. Since I'm now going gray, ought I to keep using the service or simply carry on without filling the prescriptions that get written. Would he notice that I'm not taking them? Is it an issue if he finds out?
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

I've got a specific doctor assigned through the online weight loss program I'm with, and I appreciate having a person available for questions plus assistance with lab work and similar things. Since I'm now going gray, ought I to keep using the service or simply carry on without filling the prescriptions that get written. Would he notice that I'm not taking them? Is it an issue if he finds out?
In my opinion: when you have a doctor you trust, then be open with them. If that trust isn't there, find a different doctor who you can trust.

It's nothing new to doctors that people use weed, or drink heavily,...
 
What you'd really want is a physician nearby who can examine you face-to-face when necessary, and who you can rely on to keep treating you like a grown-up even if they don't sign off on grey peptide use — my hunch is that whatever service you're with probably won't give you that. I've got no clue how Sweden's healthcare is structured, but in the US folks are extremely wary of disclosing anything to their doctors because it might reach health insurance companies, which could then use it to refuse coverage. Sweden is generally known for strong social welfare, so I'd assume its medical services are publicly funded?

If the doctor you're seeing is someone you like, then with any luck he won't mind — it partly hinges on what kind of service this is. Is it a telehealth operation built around compounded glp's? Most of those are focused on profiting from the compounded drugs, which could be a problem. If instead it's a standalone clinical service (not designed to profit from the drugs), then it ought to be OK.
 
lessthanhalf said:

What you'd really want is a physician nearby who can examine you face-to-face when necessary, and who you can rely on to keep treating you like a grown-up even if they don't sign off on grey peptide use — my hunch is that whatever service you're with probably won't give you that. I've got no clue how Sweden's healthcare is structured, but in the US folks are extremely wary of disclosing anything to their doctors because it might reach health insurance companies, which could then use it to refuse coverage. Sweden is generally known for strong social welfare, so I'd assume its medical services are publicly funded?

If the doctor you're seeing is someone you like, then with any luck he won't mind — it partly hinges on what kind of service this is. Is it a telehealth operation built around compounded glp's? Most of those are focused on profiting from the compounded drugs, which could be a problem. If instead it's a standalone clinical service (not designed to profit from the drugs), then it ought to be OK.
Yeah, the doctor works through a digital service. I don't know his location, but I do like him. My guess is they're tied to big pharma, since I'm not charged for the visits—only for the prescription—so they must earn money in some way. I also think they get some government funding. These "drugs" aren't covered by insurance at all, so you have to pay for everything yourself.
 
Mounjaro is what I'm prescribed, and for half a year now I've been injecting with KwikPens. That prescription is still what I go by. Going over to Tirz sourced from Shanghai would cost me only 1/20 as much. Somehow it feels like I'm betraying my pharmacist.

It only just hit me — this is basically the same as trading Heineken for Tsingtao!
 
How this works where you live is unclear to me, but keeping records of such matters is likely a requirement for them. Being refused care down the road would be awful, if my file showed I had gone against what the doctor instructed. [[Q1]]
 
I mentioned to my physician that I'm obtaining a compounded version through a telehealth provider, so the prescription is no longer necessary. He replied that he has no issue with it and that some of his other patients are doing the same thing.
 
FartfulCodger said:

How this works where you live is unclear to me, but keeping records of such matters is likely a requirement for them. Being refused care down the road would be awful, if my file showed I had gone against what the doctor instructed. [[Q1]]
Health records are maintained in every EU country, but from what I understand, they have no bearing on whether someone can receive medical care. In my country, people who smoke still receive cancer treatment.
 
BBA1969 said:

FartfulCodger said:

How this works where you live is unclear to me, but keeping records of such matters is likely a requirement for them. Being refused care down the road would be awful, if my file showed I had gone against what the doctor instructed. [[Q1]]
Health records are maintained in every EU country, but from what I understand, they have no bearing on whether someone can receive medical care. In my country, people who smoke still receive cancer treatment.
That's a fair point. Over here, nothing would stand in the way of getting care either. My only concern is what might come of it if they notice I'm not filling the prescriptions they issue. Either way, I'll simply leave the program, handle things on my own, and rely on the support available here. Blood tests I can cover out of pocket, and even then it costs 100 times less than buying the peptides through a prescription.
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

BBA1969 said:

FartfulCodger said:

How this works where you live is unclear to me, but keeping records of such matters is likely a requirement for them. Being refused care down the road would be awful, if my file showed I had gone against what the doctor instructed. [[Q1]]
Health records are maintained in every EU country, but from what I understand, they have no bearing on whether someone can receive medical care. In my country, people who smoke still receive cancer treatment.
That's a fair point. Over here, nothing would stand in the way of getting care either. My only concern is what might come of it if they notice I'm not filling the prescriptions they issue. Either way, I'll simply leave the program, handle things on my own, and rely on the support available here. Blood tests I can cover out of pocket, and even then it costs 100 times less than buying the peptides through a prescription.
I went through the exact same situation. My doctor initially seemed quite struck by how I kept the weight off steadily once I quit filling my Mounjaro prescriptions.

He's no fool, so he likely has figured out the real story 🧐
 
If they're a good fit for you, my advice would be to stay with them and simply inform them that you'll keep taking the medication, though you'll be obtaining it elsewhere.

I don't know the specifics of how things operate in Sweden's healthcare system, but here's an anecdotal case from the U.S....A specialist I saw would only prescribe medicine A on the condition that I also took medicine B, which brought me terrible side effects with zero upside, so I quit it. Because my grad school program shared several courses with Med School, I'd picked up some pharmacology and could tell that her justification for medicine B was nonsense. Big pharma swag from the company that made med B was plastered all over her office...I understood the situation: kickbacks for prescribing medicine B were coming her way. She only discovered I'd stopped med B, though, when my bloodwork came back showing none of it. (I got rid of her at the earliest opportunity since she was shady in every conceivable way.)

Given how modern healthcare tracks things, I'm sure those who need to know can determine what you're on through insurance, doctor and pharmacy records, but a good doctor prioritizes your health over the source of your meds.
 
HouseCat said:

If they're a good fit for you, my advice would be to stay with them and simply inform them that you'll keep taking the medication, though you'll be obtaining it elsewhere.

I don't know the specifics of how things operate in Sweden's healthcare system, but here's an anecdotal case from the U.S....A specialist I saw would only prescribe medicine A on the condition that I also took medicine B, which brought me terrible side effects with zero upside, so I quit it. Because my grad school program shared several courses with Med School, I'd picked up some pharmacology and could tell that her justification for medicine B was nonsense. Big pharma swag from the company that made med B was plastered all over her office...I understood the situation: kickbacks for prescribing medicine B were coming her way. She only discovered I'd stopped med B, though, when my bloodwork came back showing none of it. (I got rid of her at the earliest opportunity since she was shady in every conceivable way.)

Given how modern healthcare tracks things, I'm sure those who need to know can determine what you're on through insurance, doctor and pharmacy records, but a good doctor prioritizes your health over the source of your meds.
To put it briefly, this is how healthcare in Sweden is structured:

Sweden's healthcare system is funded by the public, covers everyone, and is heavily decentralized. Its foundation is the idea that all people residing in Sweden should have the same access to top-quality medical care, no matter their income or background.

High-Cost Protection (Högkostnadsskydd)

So that medical expenses don't turn into a financial strain, Sweden relies on a safety net known as högkostnadsskydd. This functions as a firm yearly ceiling on the amount you must pay yourself during a rolling 12-month period.

Sure, artificial intelligence produced this text, but my small human brain couldn't have put it any more clearly.
 
BBA1969 said:

FartfulCodger said:

How this works where you live is unclear to me, but keeping records of such matters is likely a requirement for them. Being refused care down the road would be awful, if my file showed I had gone against what the doctor instructed. [[Q1]]
Health records are maintained in every EU country, but from what I understand, they have no bearing on whether someone can receive medical care. In my country, people who smoke still receive cancer treatment.
Maybe. Still, I wouldn't be shocked if they view your history with unapproved substances as making you more suitable for assisted suicide.
 
FartfulCodger said:

BBA1969 said:

FartfulCodger said:

How this works where you live is unclear to me, but keeping records of such matters is likely a requirement for them. Being refused care down the road would be awful, if my file showed I had gone against what the doctor instructed. [[Q1]]
Health records are maintained in every EU country, but from what I understand, they have no bearing on whether someone can receive medical care. In my country, people who smoke still receive cancer treatment.
Maybe. Still, I wouldn't be shocked if they view your history with unapproved substances as making you more suitable for assisted suicide.

That could be the case. Across Spain and every BeNeLux country, euthanasia is subject to strict regulation. I don't expect to make use of it, yet knowing it's available brings me some comfort.
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

HouseCat said:

If they're a good fit for you, my advice would be to stay with them and simply inform them that you'll keep taking the medication, though you'll be obtaining it elsewhere.

I don't know the specifics of how things operate in Sweden's healthcare system, but here's an anecdotal case from the U.S....A specialist I saw would only prescribe medicine A on the condition that I also took medicine B, which brought me terrible side effects with zero upside, so I quit it. Because my grad school program shared several courses with Med School, I'd picked up some pharmacology and could tell that her justification for medicine B was nonsense. Big pharma swag from the company that made med B was plastered all over her office...I understood the situation: kickbacks for prescribing medicine B were coming her way. She only discovered I'd stopped med B, though, when my bloodwork came back showing none of it. (I got rid of her at the earliest opportunity since she was shady in every conceivable way.)

Given how modern healthcare tracks things, I'm sure those who need to know can determine what you're on through insurance, doctor and pharmacy records, but a good doctor prioritizes your health over the source of your meds.
To put it briefly, this is how healthcare in Sweden is structured:

Sweden's healthcare system is funded by the public, covers everyone, and is heavily decentralized. Its foundation is the idea that all people residing in Sweden should have the same access to top-quality medical care, no matter their income or background.

High-Cost Protection (Högkostnadsskydd)

So that medical expenses don't turn into a financial strain, Sweden relies on a safety net known as högkostnadsskydd. This functions as a firm yearly ceiling on the amount you must pay yourself during a rolling 12-month period.

Sure, artificial intelligence produced this text, but my small human brain couldn't have put it any more clearly.
Appreciate the clear rundown—no judgment that you needed assistance to keep it short!

If I were to sum up US healthcare briefly: shell out plenty, face tons of rejections, perhaps strike gold with your physician and coverage, perhaps end up in medical bankruptcy. 🤣😭
 
A boutique practice where you pay yourself tends to be less of a concern than a primary care physician or someone billing insurance. Those health-spa-style operations generally have a stronger motivation to give you what you're asking for. Your mileage may vary.
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

HouseCat said:

If they're a good fit for you, my advice would be to stay with them and simply inform them that you'll keep taking the medication, though you'll be obtaining it elsewhere.

I don't know the specifics of how things operate in Sweden's healthcare system, but here's an anecdotal case from the U.S....A specialist I saw would only prescribe medicine A on the condition that I also took medicine B, which brought me terrible side effects with zero upside, so I quit it. Because my grad school program shared several courses with Med School, I'd picked up some pharmacology and could tell that her justification for medicine B was nonsense. Big pharma swag from the company that made med B was plastered all over her office...I understood the situation: kickbacks for prescribing medicine B were coming her way. She only discovered I'd stopped med B, though, when my bloodwork came back showing none of it. (I got rid of her at the earliest opportunity since she was shady in every conceivable way.)

Given how modern healthcare tracks things, I'm sure those who need to know can determine what you're on through insurance, doctor and pharmacy records, but a good doctor prioritizes your health over the source of your meds.
To put it briefly, this is how healthcare in Sweden is structured:

Sweden's healthcare system is funded by the public, covers everyone, and is heavily decentralized. Its foundation is the idea that all people residing in Sweden should have the same access to top-quality medical care, no matter their income or background.

High-Cost Protection (Högkostnadsskydd)

So that medical expenses don't turn into a financial strain, Sweden relies on a safety net known as högkostnadsskydd. This functions as a firm yearly ceiling on the amount you must pay yourself during a rolling 12-month period.

Sure, artificial intelligence produced this text, but my small human brain couldn't have put it any more clearly.
So does that mean obesity treatment with Mounjaro gets reimbursed in Sweden? Is there no cost at all, or is it a reduced reimbursed price with some co-pay you cover yourself? Or maybe you're paying the entire amount? If reimbursement isn't available and you're covering the whole cost, how would your doctor even know the script was collected at the pharmacy? And if it is fully reimbursed, what's the reason to choose grey other than the price gap? Brand Mounjaro is the best option (quality, sterility, strength, etc.). I ask because I'm also in the EU (Romania), and here Mounjaro is NOT reimbursed—the doctor just writes a basic prescription script…no pharmacy records exist of what I'm using or whether I'm using anything. Given that situation, if I were you I'd simply say I'm on Mounjaro (while quietly using grey tirz).
 
wheymaster1 said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

HouseCat said:

If they're a good fit for you, my advice would be to stay with them and simply inform them that you'll keep taking the medication, though you'll be obtaining it elsewhere.

I don't know the specifics of how things operate in Sweden's healthcare system, but here's an anecdotal case from the U.S....A specialist I saw would only prescribe medicine A on the condition that I also took medicine B, which brought me terrible side effects with zero upside, so I quit it. Because my grad school program shared several courses with Med School, I'd picked up some pharmacology and could tell that her justification for medicine B was nonsense. Big pharma swag from the company that made med B was plastered all over her office...I understood the situation: kickbacks for prescribing medicine B were coming her way. She only discovered I'd stopped med B, though, when my bloodwork came back showing none of it. (I got rid of her at the earliest opportunity since she was shady in every conceivable way.)

Given how modern healthcare tracks things, I'm sure those who need to know can determine what you're on through insurance, doctor and pharmacy records, but a good doctor prioritizes your health over the source of your meds.
To put it briefly, this is how healthcare in Sweden is structured:

Sweden's healthcare system is funded by the public, covers everyone, and is heavily decentralized. Its foundation is the idea that all people residing in Sweden should have the same access to top-quality medical care, no matter their income or background.

High-Cost Protection (Högkostnadsskydd)

So that medical expenses don't turn into a financial strain, Sweden relies on a safety net known as högkostnadsskydd. This functions as a firm yearly ceiling on the amount you must pay yourself during a rolling 12-month period.

Sure, artificial intelligence produced this text, but my small human brain couldn't have put it any more clearly.
So does that mean obesity treatment with Mounjaro gets reimbursed in Sweden? Is there no cost at all, or is it a reduced reimbursed price with some co-pay you cover yourself? Or maybe you're paying the entire amount? If reimbursement isn't available and you're covering the whole cost, how would your doctor even know the script was collected at the pharmacy? And if it is fully reimbursed, what's the reason to choose grey other than the price gap? Brand Mounjaro is the best option (quality, sterility, strength, etc.). I ask because I'm also in the EU (Romania), and here Mounjaro is NOT reimbursed—the doctor just writes a basic prescription script…no pharmacy records exist of what I'm using or whether I'm using anything. Given that situation, if I were you I'd simply say I'm on Mounjaro (while quietly using grey tirz).
Nope. Here you also cover 100% of the cost yourself.
 
FartfulCodger said:

How this works where you live is unclear to me, but keeping records of such matters is likely a requirement for them. Being refused care down the road would be awful, if my file showed I had gone against what the doctor instructed. [[Q1]]

Yeah, I don't share this information with many people.

I have zero faith that my work-provided insurance would be okay with it. Not in the slightest.
 
Back
Top