Injecting While Under the Weather?

OzzyFit

Explorer
Joined
Apr 25, 2026
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
GA
I've come down with an upper respiratory infection, and my doctor gave me antibiotics along with steroids (nothing fancy, just prednisone lol). Tonight is when I'm supposed to inject Reta. Has anyone else dealt with problems injecting while sick?
 
OzzyFit said:

I've come down with an upper respiratory infection, and my doctor gave me antibiotics along with steroids (nothing fancy, just prednisone lol). Tonight is when I'm supposed to inject Reta. Has anyone else dealt with problems injecting while sick?

If the injections themselves aren't too much of a strain, I'd go ahead and inject, while making a point to drink more fluids.
 
I'm just about over a cold and gave myself my tirz shot like always. Back when I was on prescription mounjaro, I handled it the same way — if I was sick, I'd still inject as usual. The only exception would be a stomach bug, since I'd worry the tirz's gastro effects could make things worse.
 
woundcarping said:

OzzyFit said:

I've come down with an upper respiratory infection, and my doctor gave me antibiotics along with steroids (nothing fancy, just prednisone lol). Tonight is when I'm supposed to inject Reta. Has anyone else dealt with problems injecting while sick?

If the injections themselves aren't too much of a strain, I'd go ahead and inject, while making a point to drink more fluids.
That logic seems sound to me. I'm only in week 2, and I'm pretty keen to maintain momentum.

gunmetal1991 said:

I'm just about over a cold and gave myself my tirz shot like always. Back when I was on prescription mounjaro, I handled it the same way — if I was sick, I'd still inject as usual. The only exception would be a stomach bug, since I'd worry the tirz's gastro effects could make things worse.
Yeah, a stomach bug would likely be dragged out or made worse by that. I
 
If it's been filtered and tested, I'd go ahead and pin anyway. Otherwise, you're taking your chances.
 
miameow said:

If it's been filtered and tested, I'd go ahead and pin anyway. Otherwise, you're taking your chances.

Whether you're ill or healthy doesn't appear to make a difference that...
 
A few weeks back I got ill — no clue what it was — and felt incredibly tired along with feeling sick to my stomach. Even so, I went ahead and injected the same stuff as always. It doesn't seem like it made any difference.
 
Lots of brief bugs have been going around where I live, and this year I've already gotten sick more often than during the previous 3 years put together. Whenever I've come down with something, I've waited until I felt recovered before pinning. To me, it comes down to what each person prefers. One thing I've had to watch closely is hydration, since my urge to drink is reduced, and that's before factoring in the extra fluids an illness demands.
 
Not long ago I came down with a pretty bad case of gastroenteritis, so I pushed my Reta shot back by 4 days — and honestly, that turned out to be the smartest move. When a fever is in the picture, giving your system a few days to bounce back is what I'd recommend. On top of that, you can take in more fluids and nudge your calories up a bit; your body will appreciate the support. There's plenty of time to get strict with your diet afterward.
 
When I had the flu with a fever, I decided not to take my GLP shot that time, hoping it would let me eat and drink more. On a side note, I injected KPV to test whether it might assist, and it seemed like my symptoms became easier to handle.
 
gunmetal1991 said:

I'm just about over a cold and gave myself my tirz shot like always. Back when I was on prescription mounjaro, I handled it the same way — if I was sick, I'd still inject as usual. The only exception would be a stomach bug, since I'd worry the tirz's gastro effects could make things worse.
That's a solid observation. I've injected while under the weather before, though it's been some time since I dealt with a stomach bug. Should that happen down the road, your suggestion makes sense to me. 🙏
 
Back
Top