Injecting every 5 days instead of weekly?

Atlanatpr said:

By day 5, I consistently find myself snacking way more, and increasing the dose doesn’t seem to change that. So I’m considering switching to a 5-day injection schedule. Anyone here tried that approach?

For me, tirz works best on a 5-day schedule.

I keep track of when I take my shots using a paper calendar along with those great shiny star stickers. School wasn't something I enjoyed, and teachers rarely handed me gold stars, so these days I award them to myself for doing health-related things. 😎
 
CathyGoesFar said:

Atlanatpr said:

By day 5, I consistently find myself snacking way more, and increasing the dose doesn’t seem to change that. So I’m considering switching to a 5-day injection schedule. Anyone here tried that approach?

For me, tirz works best on a 5-day schedule.

I keep track of when I take my shots using a paper calendar along with those great shiny star stickers. School wasn't something I enjoyed, and teachers rarely handed me gold stars, so these days I award them to myself for doing health-related things. 😎
Speaking as a teacher—I apologize. 😔
 
DidntMakeBrownies said:

CathyGoesFar said:

Atlanatpr said:

By day 5, I consistently find myself snacking way more, and increasing the dose doesn’t seem to change that. So I’m considering switching to a 5-day injection schedule. Anyone here tried that approach?

For me, tirz works best on a 5-day schedule.

I keep track of when I take my shots using a paper calendar along with those great shiny star stickers. School wasn't something I enjoyed, and teachers rarely handed me gold stars, so these days I award them to myself for doing health-related things. 😎
Speaking as a teacher—I apologize. 😔

In a standard classroom, I was one of those gifted students, and since I raced far ahead through the textbook, there was simply nothing left for the teacher to give me. When I actually got around to doing homework, it was usually while everyone else was already turning theirs in. Boredom was my experience; the teacher, meanwhile, was overwhelmed and annoyed, trying to manage students who were lagging. Nobody benefited from that setup.

Luckily, I never tested into the more extreme gifted tiers, so by high school I blended in for the most part. Even so, I signed up for classes during lunch and attended summer school so I could finish a year early, because I was fed up with the whole thing. Not once have I looked back with regret.
 
BBA1969 said:

I belong to the "3.5 days" group — I followed that schedule with Tirz, and now I'm doing it with Reta.

For me, the first several days right after the full dose (tirz) were not pleasant: getting down even fluids, let alone food, was a struggle… then during the final day and a half before the following injection, I'd flip into a ravenous creature, ready to pounce on whatever seemed even slightly like food.
Which one do you like better, MJ or Reta? In your experience, what are the biggest differences between them? Thanks
 
emelite14 said:

BBA1969 said:

I belong to the "3.5 days" group — I followed that schedule with Tirz, and now I'm doing it with Reta.

For me, the first several days right after the full dose (tirz) were not pleasant: getting down even fluids, let alone food, was a struggle… then during the final day and a half before the following injection, I'd flip into a ravenous creature, ready to pounce on whatever seemed even slightly like food.
Which one do you like better, MJ or Reta? In your experience, what are the biggest differences between them? Thanks
When it comes to suppressing appetite, MJ beats Reta by a long shot in my experience. Apart from the typical fluctuations that come with a once-a-week injection, I haven't really dealt with any side effects worth mentioning.

My reason for starting Reta was the metabolic advantages — the glucagon effect and the boost in energy expenditure. Thanks to Reta, when I eat out I'm no longer limited to a kid's meal or an appetizer. If I feel like it, I can polish off a juicy 12 oz (350g) steak 😋.

To maintain a smooth, consistent effect across the week, I divide my Reta dose. In addition, I switch things up by including a split dose of Tirz, which works like a "handbrake" on my appetite.

As of now, for roughly six weeks I've been doing 2x 4mg/week of Reta along with 2x 2.5mg of Tirz. This combination has turned out to be perfect for me so far — I'm dropping around 2.5 kg (~5.5 lbs) each month.
 
Back
Top