Injectable Buffered NAD500 – Recon, Storage, IM vs SubQ, & Dosage?

FartfulCodger said:

Now those 1000mg vials headed my way have me concerned. From what I gather, I won't manage to get through vial #1 at a beginner's dose before the shelf life runs out. Looks like my wife and the animals will be the fortunate recipients.
Haha, no need to stress. Give the thread a look — sounds like nothing but an old wives' tale.

What you should really be asking is how you'll manage the large doses people recommend, since that stuff stings. With the product I have, mixing 500mg vials using 3ml causes a fair amount of burning. For 150mg, that works out to 90 units.

And the real kicker — will it actually help you 😛

Looks like I picked mine up right when it fell out of style.
 
birdwhacker said:

Last update:

Reconstituting and storing went fine. I haven't been keeping it in the fridge.

I started at 50mg on alternating days, and for roughly a week now I've moved to 50mg daily.

My baseline energy hasn't budged at all. Actually, right after injecting I feel somewhat tired, though if I push through and train during that period I end up feeling okay.

Today I paired it with 3mg of MotsC (my first time using it), and the two seemed to work well together — I got noticeably more from my cardio session than I normally do. Could be worth stacking alongside SS31 & MotsC.

Sleep might have gotten slightly better. It seems like I wake up less often and sleep more deeply.

All in all, not worth it, but I'll keep going through the kid. Oral NMN/NR combined with TMG and occasional niacin flushes looks like the better route. My guess is that the people who benefit a lot from this are overmethylators, or they haven't used supplements to raise their natural NAD levels.
Once you reconstitute it, NAD+ ranks among the most fragile compounds around. Amber vials are used for a reason: light degrades it readily, and at room temperature breakdown starts right away. Any batch you left out of the fridge would have gone flat quite a while back. My own routine is fridge storage away from light, 100mg per dose, 3x/week, and I clearly get that clean energy plus a steady sense of being capable and productive all day. I inject only in the AM; as far as I can tell, sleep is unaffected in either direction.

Age is the other thing that shapes how well NAD+ works. Everyone carries an NAD+ pool that tends to drain and shrink over the years. Supplementing can top that pool back up, but it cannot push you past it. People 40+ whose pool has been worn down by time or lifestyle tend to notice a bigger shift from NAD+ supplementation, whereas the younger you are, the more NAD+ you already have on your own, so the change you feel from adding more will be smaller.
 
ftv10hb said:

birdwhacker said:

Last update:

Reconstituting and storing went fine. I haven't been keeping it in the fridge.

I started at 50mg on alternating days, and for roughly a week now I've moved to 50mg daily.

My baseline energy hasn't budged at all. Actually, right after injecting I feel somewhat tired, though if I push through and train during that period I end up feeling okay.

Today I paired it with 3mg of MotsC (my first time using it), and the two seemed to work well together — I got noticeably more from my cardio session than I normally do. Could be worth stacking alongside SS31 & MotsC.

Sleep might have gotten slightly better. It seems like I wake up less often and sleep more deeply.

All in all, not worth it, but I'll keep going through the kid. Oral NMN/NR combined with TMG and occasional niacin flushes looks like the better route. My guess is that the people who benefit a lot from this are overmethylators, or they haven't used supplements to raise their natural NAD levels.
Once you reconstitute it, NAD+ ranks among the most fragile compounds around. Amber vials are used for a reason: light degrades it readily, and at room temperature breakdown starts right away. Any batch you left out of the fridge would have gone flat quite a while back. My own routine is fridge storage away from light, 100mg per dose, 3x/week, and I clearly get that clean energy plus a steady sense of being capable and productive all day. I inject only in the AM; as far as I can tell, sleep is unaffected in either direction.

Age is the other thing that shapes how well NAD+ works. Everyone carries an NAD+ pool that tends to drain and shrink over the years. Supplementing can top that pool back up, but it cannot push you past it. People 40+ whose pool has been worn down by time or lifestyle tend to notice a bigger shift from NAD+ supplementation, whereas the younger you are, the more NAD+ you already have on your own, so the change you feel from adding more will be smaller.
What's your source for that? The vials I received weren't amber. How exactly would it degrade? Within a few minutes after injecting I notice a clear effect, and after sitting in the cabinet for 7 days it doesn't seem any less potent.

That said, I'm happy you're getting results. Still, I'll stay with my position: considering what oral precursors cost and how easy they are to get, this doesn't look like it's worth the hassle.
 
birdwhacker said:

ftv10hb said:

birdwhacker said:

Last update:

Reconstituting and storing went fine. I haven't been keeping it in the fridge.

I started at 50mg on alternating days, and for roughly a week now I've moved to 50mg daily.

My baseline energy hasn't budged at all. Actually, right after injecting I feel somewhat tired, though if I push through and train during that period I end up feeling okay.

Today I paired it with 3mg of MotsC (my first time using it), and the two seemed to work well together — I got noticeably more from my cardio session than I normally do. Could be worth stacking alongside SS31 & MotsC.

Sleep might have gotten slightly better. It seems like I wake up less often and sleep more deeply.

All in all, not worth it, but I'll keep going through the kid. Oral NMN/NR combined with TMG and occasional niacin flushes looks like the better route. My guess is that the people who benefit a lot from this are overmethylators, or they haven't used supplements to raise their natural NAD levels.
Once you reconstitute it, NAD+ ranks among the most fragile compounds around. Amber vials are used for a reason: light degrades it readily, and at room temperature breakdown starts right away. Any batch you left out of the fridge would have gone flat quite a while back. My own routine is fridge storage away from light, 100mg per dose, 3x/week, and I clearly get that clean energy plus a steady sense of being capable and productive all day. I inject only in the AM; as far as I can tell, sleep is unaffected in either direction.

Age is the other thing that shapes how well NAD+ works. Everyone carries an NAD+ pool that tends to drain and shrink over the years. Supplementing can top that pool back up, but it cannot push you past it. People 40+ whose pool has been worn down by time or lifestyle tend to notice a bigger shift from NAD+ supplementation, whereas the younger you are, the more NAD+ you already have on your own, so the change you feel from adding more will be smaller.
What's your source for that? The vials I received weren't amber. How exactly would it degrade? Within a few minutes after injecting I notice a clear effect, and after sitting in the cabinet for 7 days it doesn't seem any less potent.

That said, I'm happy you're getting results. Still, I'll stay with my position: considering what oral precursors cost and how easy they are to get, this doesn't look like it's worth the hassle.
Amber vials are the norm, so if yours arrived in something else, that’s worth raising with whoever supplied it. I’ve never come across NAD+ that wasn’t packaged that way, and exposure to light would have degraded it well before the room temperature had any effect. Outcomes differ, and I’m not going to push back on whether you keep going or stop. That said, if a seller shipped you NAD+ in clear vials without even suggesting you wrap them in foil, you’d be justified in being annoyed, since that is unquestionably the standard practice.
 
birdwhacker said:

ftv10hb said:

birdwhacker said:

Last update:

Reconstituting and storing went fine. I haven't been keeping it in the fridge.

I started at 50mg on alternating days, and for roughly a week now I've moved to 50mg daily.

My baseline energy hasn't budged at all. Actually, right after injecting I feel somewhat tired, though if I push through and train during that period I end up feeling okay.

Today I paired it with 3mg of MotsC (my first time using it), and the two seemed to work well together — I got noticeably more from my cardio session than I normally do. Could be worth stacking alongside SS31 & MotsC.

Sleep might have gotten slightly better. It seems like I wake up less often and sleep more deeply.

All in all, not worth it, but I'll keep going through the kid. Oral NMN/NR combined with TMG and occasional niacin flushes looks like the better route. My guess is that the people who benefit a lot from this are overmethylators, or they haven't used supplements to raise their natural NAD levels.
Once you reconstitute it, NAD+ ranks among the most fragile compounds around. Amber vials are used for a reason: light degrades it readily, and at room temperature breakdown starts right away. Any batch you left out of the fridge would have gone flat quite a while back. My own routine is fridge storage away from light, 100mg per dose, 3x/week, and I clearly get that clean energy plus a steady sense of being capable and productive all day. I inject only in the AM; as far as I can tell, sleep is unaffected in either direction.

Age is the other thing that shapes how well NAD+ works. Everyone carries an NAD+ pool that tends to drain and shrink over the years. Supplementing can top that pool back up, but it cannot push you past it. People 40+ whose pool has been worn down by time or lifestyle tend to notice a bigger shift from NAD+ supplementation, whereas the younger you are, the more NAD+ you already have on your own, so the change you feel from adding more will be smaller.
What's your source for that? The vials I received weren't amber. How exactly would it degrade? Within a few minutes after injecting I notice a clear effect, and after sitting in the cabinet for 7 days it doesn't seem any less potent.

That said, I'm happy you're getting results. Still, I'll stay with my position: considering what oral precursors cost and how easy they are to get, this doesn't look like it's worth the hassle.
Keeping it mostly shut away in the cabinet, away from light, would have worked in its favor. That said, clear vials combined with room-temperature conditions mean you’ve almost certainly shed a meaningful amount of potency. Should you decide to move forward regardless, here’s what I’d recommend: once it’s reconstituted, wrap each vial in foil and store it in the fridge. Then pay attention to whether the next vial feels any different — that might make a bit of a difference.
 
ftv10hb said:

birdwhacker said:

ftv10hb said:

birdwhacker said:

Last update:

Reconstituting and storing went fine. I haven't been keeping it in the fridge.

I started at 50mg on alternating days, and for roughly a week now I've moved to 50mg daily.

My baseline energy hasn't budged at all. Actually, right after injecting I feel somewhat tired, though if I push through and train during that period I end up feeling okay.

Today I paired it with 3mg of MotsC (my first time using it), and the two seemed to work well together — I got noticeably more from my cardio session than I normally do. Could be worth stacking alongside SS31 & MotsC.

Sleep might have gotten slightly better. It seems like I wake up less often and sleep more deeply.

All in all, not worth it, but I'll keep going through the kid. Oral NMN/NR combined with TMG and occasional niacin flushes looks like the better route. My guess is that the people who benefit a lot from this are overmethylators, or they haven't used supplements to raise their natural NAD levels.
Once you reconstitute it, NAD+ ranks among the most fragile compounds around. Amber vials are used for a reason: light degrades it readily, and at room temperature breakdown starts right away. Any batch you left out of the fridge would have gone flat quite a while back. My own routine is fridge storage away from light, 100mg per dose, 3x/week, and I clearly get that clean energy plus a steady sense of being capable and productive all day. I inject only in the AM; as far as I can tell, sleep is unaffected in either direction.

Age is the other thing that shapes how well NAD+ works. Everyone carries an NAD+ pool that tends to drain and shrink over the years. Supplementing can top that pool back up, but it cannot push you past it. People 40+ whose pool has been worn down by time or lifestyle tend to notice a bigger shift from NAD+ supplementation, whereas the younger you are, the more NAD+ you already have on your own, so the change you feel from adding more will be smaller.
What's your source for that? The vials I received weren't amber. How exactly would it degrade? Within a few minutes after injecting I notice a clear effect, and after sitting in the cabinet for 7 days it doesn't seem any less potent.

That said, I'm happy you're getting results. Still, I'll stay with my position: considering what oral precursors cost and how easy they are to get, this doesn't look like it's worth the hassle.
Keeping it mostly shut away in the cabinet, away from light, would have worked in its favor. That said, clear vials combined with room-temperature conditions mean you’ve almost certainly shed a meaningful amount of potency. Should you decide to move forward regardless, here’s what I’d recommend: once it’s reconstituted, wrap each vial in foil and store it in the fridge. Then pay attention to whether the next vial feels any different — that might make a bit of a difference.
To be straight with you, none of that sounds credible to me. No hard feelings whatsoever haha, in this space everyone swears by their own routine. Still, I appreciate it — I'll keep it noted for down the road, and I might give the foil trick a shot just out of curiosity.

Does your NAD have that sting? I don't own test strips or anything like that, and it was sold to me as buffered, yet it does burn quite a bit. From what I gather the pH shouldn't exceed 6, but I have no baseline for what that ought to feel like beneath the skin.

Have you ever gone the IM route?
 
None taken — though I suspect that if you dig deeper or check with others, you'll land on the same conclusions. As for mine, there's zero burn, and I stick to subQ exclusively. IM isn't something I'm against; it's simply that when I first began, injecting myself at all felt like a big jump, and IM would be yet another leap I haven't felt driven to make so far lol.
 
ftv10hb said:

None taken — though I suspect that if you dig deeper or check with others, you'll land on the same conclusions. As for mine, there's zero burn, and I stick to subQ exclusively. IM isn't something I'm against; it's simply that when I first began, injecting myself at all felt like a big jump, and IM would be yet another leap I haven't felt driven to make so far lol.
So mine must be the unbuffered kind. Typical. At least I'm young and my skin tolerates it, haha.

Sure, the information is out there — but whether it actually holds up in any real way is another matter.

Out of sheer curiosity I went ahead and pushed 300mg, which came after the 50mg earlier that same day, and I can tell you the potency hasn't dropped at all. There's a clear sense of it "working," haha — in this instance leaving me feeling a bit on edge.
 
My NAD 1000 just arrived from an excellent source. It is certainly an amber vial. I have come across multiple dosing suggestions for adding 3ml BAC to the 1000mg and beginning with 15units, which is 50mg.

Any input?
 
fremt52958 said:

My NAD 1000 just arrived from an excellent source. It is certainly an amber vial. I have come across multiple dosing suggestions for adding 3ml BAC to the 1000mg and beginning with 15units, which is 50mg.

Any input?
Pretty much, that's exactly what I did. 50mg could hit a bit hard, so after injecting, be ready to lie down or stay seated. And afterward, be sure to back up your methylation pathways with tmg/methyl B.
 
ftv10hb said:

birdwhacker said:

Last update:

Reconstituting and storing went fine. I haven't been keeping it in the fridge.

I started at 50mg on alternating days, and for roughly a week now I've moved to 50mg daily.

My baseline energy hasn't budged at all. Actually, right after injecting I feel somewhat tired, though if I push through and train during that period I end up feeling okay.

Today I paired it with 3mg of MotsC (my first time using it), and the two seemed to work well together — I got noticeably more from my cardio session than I normally do. Could be worth stacking alongside SS31 & MotsC.

Sleep might have gotten slightly better. It seems like I wake up less often and sleep more deeply.

All in all, not worth it, but I'll keep going through the kid. Oral NMN/NR combined with TMG and occasional niacin flushes looks like the better route. My guess is that the people who benefit a lot from this are overmethylators, or they haven't used supplements to raise their natural NAD levels.
Once you reconstitute it, NAD+ ranks among the most fragile compounds around. Amber vials are used for a reason: light degrades it readily, and at room temperature breakdown starts right away. Any batch you left out of the fridge would have gone flat quite a while back. My own routine is fridge storage away from light, 100mg per dose, 3x/week, and I clearly get that clean energy plus a steady sense of being capable and productive all day. I inject only in the AM; as far as I can tell, sleep is unaffected in either direction.

Age is the other thing that shapes how well NAD+ works. Everyone carries an NAD+ pool that tends to drain and shrink over the years. Supplementing can top that pool back up, but it cannot push you past it. People 40+ whose pool has been worn down by time or lifestyle tend to notice a bigger shift from NAD+ supplementation, whereas the younger you are, the more NAD+ you already have on your own, so the change you feel from adding more will be smaller.
Hmm, is there really an NAD+ 'pool' that 'leaks' as we get older? And that 'pool' can be topped back up? I'd really like to see the research that scientifically established those claims.
 
birdwhacker said:

fremt52958 said:

My NAD 1000 just arrived from an excellent source. It is certainly an amber vial. I have come across multiple dosing suggestions for adding 3ml BAC to the 1000mg and beginning with 15units, which is 50mg.

Any input?
Pretty much, that's exactly what I did. 50mg could hit a bit hard, so after injecting, be ready to lie down or stay seated. And afterward, be sure to back up your methylation pathways with tmg/methyl B.

So yeah, I got a kit from Amino Lair not long ago, and every vial in it was clear glass rather than amber - that's a first for me. Safe to say I won't be ordering from them again.
 
tendency said:

birdwhacker said:

fremt52958 said:

My NAD 1000 just arrived from an excellent source. It is certainly an amber vial. I have come across multiple dosing suggestions for adding 3ml BAC to the 1000mg and beginning with 15units, which is 50mg.

Any input?
Pretty much, that's exactly what I did. 50mg could hit a bit hard, so after injecting, be ready to lie down or stay seated. And afterward, be sure to back up your methylation pathways with tmg/methyl B.

So yeah, I got a kit from Amino Lair not long ago, and every vial in it was clear glass rather than amber - that's a first for me. Safe to say I won't be ordering from them again.
Strange — the AL I got came in an amber vial. It only arrived yesterday.
 
tendency said:

birdwhacker said:

fremt52958 said:

My NAD 1000 just arrived from an excellent source. It is certainly an amber vial. I have come across multiple dosing suggestions for adding 3ml BAC to the 1000mg and beginning with 15units, which is 50mg.

Any input?
Pretty much, that's exactly what I did. 50mg could hit a bit hard, so after injecting, be ready to lie down or stay seated. And afterward, be sure to back up your methylation pathways with tmg/methyl B.

So yeah, I got a kit from Amino Lair not long ago, and every vial in it was clear glass rather than amber - that's a first for me. Safe to say I won't be ordering from them again.
Amino Lair was also where mine came from.

Honestly, this whole amber vial light sensitivity claim is plainly ridiculous. The product does its job just fine.

What bothers me more is that the NAD is actually un-buffered yet it's sold as buffered. That's outright dangerous.
 
tendency said:

ftv10hb said:

birdwhacker said:

Last update:

Reconstituting and storing went fine. I haven't been keeping it in the fridge.

I started at 50mg on alternating days, and for roughly a week now I've moved to 50mg daily.

My baseline energy hasn't budged at all. Actually, right after injecting I feel somewhat tired, though if I push through and train during that period I end up feeling okay.

Today I paired it with 3mg of MotsC (my first time using it), and the two seemed to work well together — I got noticeably more from my cardio session than I normally do. Could be worth stacking alongside SS31 & MotsC.

Sleep might have gotten slightly better. It seems like I wake up less often and sleep more deeply.

All in all, not worth it, but I'll keep going through the kid. Oral NMN/NR combined with TMG and occasional niacin flushes looks like the better route. My guess is that the people who benefit a lot from this are overmethylators, or they haven't used supplements to raise their natural NAD levels.
Once you reconstitute it, NAD+ ranks among the most fragile compounds around. Amber vials are used for a reason: light degrades it readily, and at room temperature breakdown starts right away. Any batch you left out of the fridge would have gone flat quite a while back. My own routine is fridge storage away from light, 100mg per dose, 3x/week, and I clearly get that clean energy plus a steady sense of being capable and productive all day. I inject only in the AM; as far as I can tell, sleep is unaffected in either direction.

Age is the other thing that shapes how well NAD+ works. Everyone carries an NAD+ pool that tends to drain and shrink over the years. Supplementing can top that pool back up, but it cannot push you past it. People 40+ whose pool has been worn down by time or lifestyle tend to notice a bigger shift from NAD+ supplementation, whereas the younger you are, the more NAD+ you already have on your own, so the change you feel from adding more will be smaller.
Hmm, is there really an NAD+ 'pool' that 'leaks' as we get older? And that 'pool' can be topped back up? I'd really like to see the research that scientifically established those claims.
I was just trying to put a picture in my head into words — the idea being that our bodies hold NAD reserves that shrink with age as normal metabolism keeps burning through more of it, while our ability to use or replenish it as efficiently as when we were younger drops off lol. That said, "pools" isn't something I made up; it's an actual term you'll find in NAD research haha




Age-related NAD+ decline - PMC



Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) is an essential metabolite that is reported to decline in concentration in tissues of aged animals. Strategies to increase NAD+ availability have shown promise in treating many conditions in rodents, ...

4d13c41cbc0409fb932089618e379d69d6e07846fc324487242c1d77d1bad140.png



pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
 
birdwhacker said:

tendency said:

birdwhacker said:

fremt52958 said:

My NAD 1000 just arrived from an excellent source. It is certainly an amber vial. I have come across multiple dosing suggestions for adding 3ml BAC to the 1000mg and beginning with 15units, which is 50mg.

Any input?
Pretty much, that's exactly what I did. 50mg could hit a bit hard, so after injecting, be ready to lie down or stay seated. And afterward, be sure to back up your methylation pathways with tmg/methyl B.

So yeah, I got a kit from Amino Lair not long ago, and every vial in it was clear glass rather than amber - that's a first for me. Safe to say I won't be ordering from them again.
Amino Lair was also where mine came from.

Honestly, this whole amber vial light sensitivity claim is plainly ridiculous. The product does its job just fine.

What bothers me more is that the NAD is actually un-buffered yet it's sold as buffered. That's outright dangerous.
I didn’t want to open every single link that was posted here one by one, and honestly I’m not going to pretend I grasp all the jargon or the way it works either haha. Still, for whatever it’s worth, in my opinion there’s enough material in this thread for me to accept that NAD+ breaks down a lot when it gets hit by light and/or sits around at room temperature. If you look at what degraded NAD+ is reported to cause, things like stinging and short-term fatigue, that might also account for what you went through, rather than it coming down to the product being unbuffered. That said, I’m definitely no kind of authority on this. I just figured I’d pass along at least the info that swayed me and shapes how I keep and use mine personally.
 
tendency said:

birdwhacker said:

fremt52958 said:

My NAD 1000 just arrived from an excellent source. It is certainly an amber vial. I have come across multiple dosing suggestions for adding 3ml BAC to the 1000mg and beginning with 15units, which is 50mg.

Any input?
Pretty much, that's exactly what I did. 50mg could hit a bit hard, so after injecting, be ready to lie down or stay seated. And afterward, be sure to back up your methylation pathways with tmg/methyl B.

So yeah, I got a kit from Amino Lair not long ago, and every vial in it was clear glass rather than amber - that's a first for me. Safe to say I won't be ordering from them again.
Yeah, that's odd. I haven't bought from them myself, but they've clearly been operating long enough that they should know the norm or what buyers expect. What's even weirder is that the person posting right after you got amber vials just days ago — I can't think of any good reason the same seller would ship it both ways, and definitely not without telling the buyer or giving some kind of notice. Obviously it's your call, but if it were me, I'd say that's enough to ask for a refund or a replacement.
 
ftv10hb said:

birdwhacker said:

tendency said:

birdwhacker said:

fremt52958 said:

My NAD 1000 just arrived from an excellent source. It is certainly an amber vial. I have come across multiple dosing suggestions for adding 3ml BAC to the 1000mg and beginning with 15units, which is 50mg.

Any input?
Pretty much, that's exactly what I did. 50mg could hit a bit hard, so after injecting, be ready to lie down or stay seated. And afterward, be sure to back up your methylation pathways with tmg/methyl B.

So yeah, I got a kit from Amino Lair not long ago, and every vial in it was clear glass rather than amber - that's a first for me. Safe to say I won't be ordering from them again.
Amino Lair was also where mine came from.

Honestly, this whole amber vial light sensitivity claim is plainly ridiculous. The product does its job just fine.

What bothers me more is that the NAD is actually un-buffered yet it's sold as buffered. That's outright dangerous.
I didn’t want to open every single link that was posted here one by one, and honestly I’m not going to pretend I grasp all the jargon or the way it works either haha. Still, for whatever it’s worth, in my opinion there’s enough material in this thread for me to accept that NAD+ breaks down a lot when it gets hit by light and/or sits around at room temperature. If you look at what degraded NAD+ is reported to cause, things like stinging and short-term fatigue, that might also account for what you went through, rather than it coming down to the product being unbuffered. That said, I’m definitely no kind of authority on this. I just figured I’d pass along at least the info that swayed me and shapes how I keep and use mine personally.
Not long ago, someone on this forum shared a study that caught my attention — unfortunately I can't locate it anymore. What I remember is that this person, or perhaps an acquaintance, mixed a vial of NAD+ and stored it in the refrigerator. When a lab checked the NAD+ concentration 15 days later, the result showed 50% degradation. So I'm with you: after reconstitution, NAD+ doesn't last very long.

What I don't have a clear answer on is how much the dry, un-reconstituted NAD+ powder degrades. It's quite possible it's far more stable. I'd really appreciate a definitive answer on that.
 
tendency said:

ftv10hb said:

birdwhacker said:

tendency said:

birdwhacker said:

fremt52958 said:

My NAD 1000 just arrived from an excellent source. It is certainly an amber vial. I have come across multiple dosing suggestions for adding 3ml BAC to the 1000mg and beginning with 15units, which is 50mg.

Any input?
Pretty much, that's exactly what I did. 50mg could hit a bit hard, so after injecting, be ready to lie down or stay seated. And afterward, be sure to back up your methylation pathways with tmg/methyl B.

So yeah, I got a kit from Amino Lair not long ago, and every vial in it was clear glass rather than amber - that's a first for me. Safe to say I won't be ordering from them again.
Amino Lair was also where mine came from.

Honestly, this whole amber vial light sensitivity claim is plainly ridiculous. The product does its job just fine.

What bothers me more is that the NAD is actually un-buffered yet it's sold as buffered. That's outright dangerous.
I didn’t want to open every single link that was posted here one by one, and honestly I’m not going to pretend I grasp all the jargon or the way it works either haha. Still, for whatever it’s worth, in my opinion there’s enough material in this thread for me to accept that NAD+ breaks down a lot when it gets hit by light and/or sits around at room temperature. If you look at what degraded NAD+ is reported to cause, things like stinging and short-term fatigue, that might also account for what you went through, rather than it coming down to the product being unbuffered. That said, I’m definitely no kind of authority on this. I just figured I’d pass along at least the info that swayed me and shapes how I keep and use mine personally.
Not long ago, someone on this forum shared a study that caught my attention — unfortunately I can't locate it anymore. What I remember is that this person, or perhaps an acquaintance, mixed a vial of NAD+ and stored it in the refrigerator. When a lab checked the NAD+ concentration 15 days later, the result showed 50% degradation. So I'm with you: after reconstitution, NAD+ doesn't last very long.

What I don't have a clear answer on is how much the dry, un-reconstituted NAD+ powder degrades. It's quite possible it's far more stable. I'd really appreciate a definitive answer on that.
Yeah, same here — especially since I've got a ton of powder chilling in the fridge as we speak lol. And if that's what goes down once it's mixed, even with cold storage, then I'm probably better off going with the 500mg vials rather than the 1000 lol
 
PGB ranks among the leading and most frequently suggested sources for buffered NAD. Their vials are always clear, so I'm not sure whether people genuinely worry about amber vials. For NAD, I've gone with them and no one else during the past year, and at 53 years old I haven't seen any change in how well it works. A 500 mg vial, taken sub q, kept in the fridge, usually gets me through roughly a month.
 
Back
Top