Initial KPV trial

Chili777 said:

Hambocommando said:

Right now I’m using it in 2 different ways. The type of eczema I have is dyshidrotic, and an injection every 4 or 5 days seems to hold it back while also leaving my skin healthier. That schedule lines up with my Reta injections, and I take it partly to maybe/possibly reduce the chance of ISR from the glp, something I dealt with on Tirz before. It got severe enough that I stopped Tirz. Since I wasn’t getting much systemic anti-inflammation, daily injections felt like too much in my case.
It's good to hear a once-weekly schedule is effective for you. I wish that were the case for me. From what I've read, every protocol for allergen-induced atopic dermatitis or eczema calls for daily use across a 2-3 month cycle, then 30 days off. So far it appears to be helping me. Alongside a biologic and Clobetasol cream, I'm also using KPV.

There was one more thing I noticed: a roundish scar on the back of my right leg, left by a dog bite when I was 12. It sat raised above the skin, basically a lump. Yesterday it just fell off, 55 years later. Where it used to be, there's now a small divot that's healing. I can't think of anything else to attribute it to.
Yeah, absolutely — a bunch of my old knee surgery scars, even the big one from the knee replacement, are fading and becoming less obvious. Daily injections clearly give the best results for me, but I decided to pause since my back started itching like crazy and I couldn't tell whether KPV or Reta was to blame. There's no rash, hives, or redness — just an itch so intense I have to stop at every door frame and scratch like a bear. My guess is it's the sensitive skin side effect from Reta (anhedonia), so I may restart daily KPV. Oddly, the itching has eased as I've raised my Reta dose. It usually shows up once I get near 2mgs of concentration, so I inject twice a week to stop it falling under that level. In a strict experiment I wouldn't combine peptides, but avoiding eczema flare-ups and dry flaky skin feels way too good....
 
Hambocommando said:

Chili777 said:

Hambocommando said:

Right now I’m using it in 2 different ways. The type of eczema I have is dyshidrotic, and an injection every 4 or 5 days seems to hold it back while also leaving my skin healthier. That schedule lines up with my Reta injections, and I take it partly to maybe/possibly reduce the chance of ISR from the glp, something I dealt with on Tirz before. It got severe enough that I stopped Tirz. Since I wasn’t getting much systemic anti-inflammation, daily injections felt like too much in my case.
It's good to hear a once-weekly schedule is effective for you. I wish that were the case for me. From what I've read, every protocol for allergen-induced atopic dermatitis or eczema calls for daily use across a 2-3 month cycle, then 30 days off. So far it appears to be helping me. Alongside a biologic and Clobetasol cream, I'm also using KPV.

There was one more thing I noticed: a roundish scar on the back of my right leg, left by a dog bite when I was 12. It sat raised above the skin, basically a lump. Yesterday it just fell off, 55 years later. Where it used to be, there's now a small divot that's healing. I can't think of anything else to attribute it to.
Yeah, absolutely — a bunch of my old knee surgery scars, even the big one from the knee replacement, are fading and becoming less obvious. Daily injections clearly give the best results for me, but I decided to pause since my back started itching like crazy and I couldn't tell whether KPV or Reta was to blame. There's no rash, hives, or redness — just an itch so intense I have to stop at every door frame and scratch like a bear. My guess is it's the sensitive skin side effect from Reta (anhedonia), so I may restart daily KPV. Oddly, the itching has eased as I've raised my Reta dose. It usually shows up once I get near 2mgs of concentration, so I inject twice a week to stop it falling under that level. In a strict experiment I wouldn't combine peptides, but avoiding eczema flare-ups and dry flaky skin feels way too good....
Oh crap. So now I have to work out whether that's the reason my back is itching these days. What the hell! I'm a bear as well. Exactly in the middle of the shoulder blades. Though it's only been a few weeks, and Reta has been in the picture for 5.5 months (10 mg), with KPV going for months. Still, I have to wonder. What I can say is that Clobetasol settles it down, and the itch shows up nowhere else. Strange stuff. Even so, continuing with both is worth it for me.
 
Chili777 said:

Hambocommando said:

Chili777 said:

Hambocommando said:

Right now I’m using it in 2 different ways. The type of eczema I have is dyshidrotic, and an injection every 4 or 5 days seems to hold it back while also leaving my skin healthier. That schedule lines up with my Reta injections, and I take it partly to maybe/possibly reduce the chance of ISR from the glp, something I dealt with on Tirz before. It got severe enough that I stopped Tirz. Since I wasn’t getting much systemic anti-inflammation, daily injections felt like too much in my case.
It's good to hear a once-weekly schedule is effective for you. I wish that were the case for me. From what I've read, every protocol for allergen-induced atopic dermatitis or eczema calls for daily use across a 2-3 month cycle, then 30 days off. So far it appears to be helping me. Alongside a biologic and Clobetasol cream, I'm also using KPV.

There was one more thing I noticed: a roundish scar on the back of my right leg, left by a dog bite when I was 12. It sat raised above the skin, basically a lump. Yesterday it just fell off, 55 years later. Where it used to be, there's now a small divot that's healing. I can't think of anything else to attribute it to.
Yeah, absolutely — a bunch of my old knee surgery scars, even the big one from the knee replacement, are fading and becoming less obvious. Daily injections clearly give the best results for me, but I decided to pause since my back started itching like crazy and I couldn't tell whether KPV or Reta was to blame. There's no rash, hives, or redness — just an itch so intense I have to stop at every door frame and scratch like a bear. My guess is it's the sensitive skin side effect from Reta (anhedonia), so I may restart daily KPV. Oddly, the itching has eased as I've raised my Reta dose. It usually shows up once I get near 2mgs of concentration, so I inject twice a week to stop it falling under that level. In a strict experiment I wouldn't combine peptides, but avoiding eczema flare-ups and dry flaky skin feels way too good....
Oh crap. So now I have to work out whether that's the reason my back is itching these days. What the hell! I'm a bear as well. Exactly in the middle of the shoulder blades. Though it's only been a few weeks, and Reta has been in the picture for 5.5 months (10 mg), with KPV going for months. Still, I have to wonder. What I can say is that Clobetasol settles it down, and the itch shows up nowhere else. Strange stuff. Even so, continuing with both is worth it for me.
Yep — mine's in that exact place too, smack in the middle of the shoulder blades, the one spot I can't get to. Drives me nuts. For my eczema I've been on cetirizine (Zyrtec) daily for years now; nothing else has come close to touching it. Whenever the back itching kicks in, I throw hydroxyzine on top — officially it's for my anxiety, but it doubles as a type 1 antihistamine. Results are hit or miss. It does chill me out, though, ha. So my guess is it's either mast cells releasing histamine because of the Reta, or... I'm just not allowed to have nice things all at the same time. No clue which one it is.
 
Hambocommando said:

Chili777 said:

Hambocommando said:

Right now I’m using it in 2 different ways. The type of eczema I have is dyshidrotic, and an injection every 4 or 5 days seems to hold it back while also leaving my skin healthier. That schedule lines up with my Reta injections, and I take it partly to maybe/possibly reduce the chance of ISR from the glp, something I dealt with on Tirz before. It got severe enough that I stopped Tirz. Since I wasn’t getting much systemic anti-inflammation, daily injections felt like too much in my case.
It's good to hear a once-weekly schedule is effective for you. I wish that were the case for me. From what I've read, every protocol for allergen-induced atopic dermatitis or eczema calls for daily use across a 2-3 month cycle, then 30 days off. So far it appears to be helping me. Alongside a biologic and Clobetasol cream, I'm also using KPV.

There was one more thing I noticed: a roundish scar on the back of my right leg, left by a dog bite when I was 12. It sat raised above the skin, basically a lump. Yesterday it just fell off, 55 years later. Where it used to be, there's now a small divot that's healing. I can't think of anything else to attribute it to.
Yeah, absolutely — a bunch of my old knee surgery scars, even the big one from the knee replacement, are fading and becoming less obvious. Daily injections clearly give the best results for me, but I decided to pause since my back started itching like crazy and I couldn't tell whether KPV or Reta was to blame. There's no rash, hives, or redness — just an itch so intense I have to stop at every door frame and scratch like a bear. My guess is it's the sensitive skin side effect from Reta (anhedonia), so I may restart daily KPV. Oddly, the itching has eased as I've raised my Reta dose. It usually shows up once I get near 2mgs of concentration, so I inject twice a week to stop it falling under that level. In a strict experiment I wouldn't combine peptides, but avoiding eczema flare-ups and dry flaky skin feels way too good....
My son and I both experienced intermittent itching, which came solely from reta. After roughly two months, it eventually went away. My guess is that it's a histamine response—the body likely rejects foreign substances that get injected.
 
Hambocommando said:

Chili777 said:

Hambocommando said:

Chili777 said:

Hambocommando said:

Right now I’m using it in 2 different ways. The type of eczema I have is dyshidrotic, and an injection every 4 or 5 days seems to hold it back while also leaving my skin healthier. That schedule lines up with my Reta injections, and I take it partly to maybe/possibly reduce the chance of ISR from the glp, something I dealt with on Tirz before. It got severe enough that I stopped Tirz. Since I wasn’t getting much systemic anti-inflammation, daily injections felt like too much in my case.
It's good to hear a once-weekly schedule is effective for you. I wish that were the case for me. From what I've read, every protocol for allergen-induced atopic dermatitis or eczema calls for daily use across a 2-3 month cycle, then 30 days off. So far it appears to be helping me. Alongside a biologic and Clobetasol cream, I'm also using KPV.

There was one more thing I noticed: a roundish scar on the back of my right leg, left by a dog bite when I was 12. It sat raised above the skin, basically a lump. Yesterday it just fell off, 55 years later. Where it used to be, there's now a small divot that's healing. I can't think of anything else to attribute it to.
Yeah, absolutely — a bunch of my old knee surgery scars, even the big one from the knee replacement, are fading and becoming less obvious. Daily injections clearly give the best results for me, but I decided to pause since my back started itching like crazy and I couldn't tell whether KPV or Reta was to blame. There's no rash, hives, or redness — just an itch so intense I have to stop at every door frame and scratch like a bear. My guess is it's the sensitive skin side effect from Reta (anhedonia), so I may restart daily KPV. Oddly, the itching has eased as I've raised my Reta dose. It usually shows up once I get near 2mgs of concentration, so I inject twice a week to stop it falling under that level. In a strict experiment I wouldn't combine peptides, but avoiding eczema flare-ups and dry flaky skin feels way too good....
Oh crap. So now I have to work out whether that's the reason my back is itching these days. What the hell! I'm a bear as well. Exactly in the middle of the shoulder blades. Though it's only been a few weeks, and Reta has been in the picture for 5.5 months (10 mg), with KPV going for months. Still, I have to wonder. What I can say is that Clobetasol settles it down, and the itch shows up nowhere else. Strange stuff. Even so, continuing with both is worth it for me.
Yep — mine's in that exact place too, smack in the middle of the shoulder blades, the one spot I can't get to. Drives me nuts. For my eczema I've been on cetirizine (Zyrtec) daily for years now; nothing else has come close to touching it. Whenever the back itching kicks in, I throw hydroxyzine on top — officially it's for my anxiety, but it doubles as a type 1 antihistamine. Results are hit or miss. It does chill me out, though, ha. So my guess is it's either mast cells releasing histamine because of the Reta, or... I'm just not allowed to have nice things all at the same time. No clue which one it is.
That's impressive. I have trouble even getting to the spot, and the topical steroid cream works when I manage to apply it. My arms are fairly long. Zyrtec is also part of my routine. If it becomes too much, you might pick up the cream plus one of those backscratcher tools to put it on. I'll continue for another 2 weeks, then cycle off KPV, and that should tell me what I need to know.
 
Chili777 said:

Hambocommando said:

Right now I’m using it in 2 different ways. The type of eczema I have is dyshidrotic, and an injection every 4 or 5 days seems to hold it back while also leaving my skin healthier. That schedule lines up with my Reta injections, and I take it partly to maybe/possibly reduce the chance of ISR from the glp, something I dealt with on Tirz before. It got severe enough that I stopped Tirz. Since I wasn’t getting much systemic anti-inflammation, daily injections felt like too much in my case.
It's good to hear a once-weekly schedule is effective for you. I wish that were the case for me. From what I've read, every protocol for allergen-induced atopic dermatitis or eczema calls for daily use across a 2-3 month cycle, then 30 days off. So far it appears to be helping me. Alongside a biologic and Clobetasol cream, I'm also using KPV.

There was one more thing I noticed: a roundish scar on the back of my right leg, left by a dog bite when I was 12. It sat raised above the skin, basically a lump. Yesterday it just fell off, 55 years later. Where it used to be, there's now a small divot that's healing. I can't think of anything else to attribute it to.
I'd like to hear more details about that older scar... I've been searching for a way to address scars in my own case. Never before have I seen such a compelling endorsement for any single peptide.
 
CuttingEdgeScience said:

Chili777 said:

Hambocommando said:

Right now I’m using it in 2 different ways. The type of eczema I have is dyshidrotic, and an injection every 4 or 5 days seems to hold it back while also leaving my skin healthier. That schedule lines up with my Reta injections, and I take it partly to maybe/possibly reduce the chance of ISR from the glp, something I dealt with on Tirz before. It got severe enough that I stopped Tirz. Since I wasn’t getting much systemic anti-inflammation, daily injections felt like too much in my case.
It's good to hear a once-weekly schedule is effective for you. I wish that were the case for me. From what I've read, every protocol for allergen-induced atopic dermatitis or eczema calls for daily use across a 2-3 month cycle, then 30 days off. So far it appears to be helping me. Alongside a biologic and Clobetasol cream, I'm also using KPV.

There was one more thing I noticed: a roundish scar on the back of my right leg, left by a dog bite when I was 12. It sat raised above the skin, basically a lump. Yesterday it just fell off, 55 years later. Where it used to be, there's now a small divot that's healing. I can't think of anything else to attribute it to.
I'd like to hear more details about that older scar... I've been searching for a way to address scars in my own case. Never before have I seen such a compelling endorsement for any single peptide.
The mark hasn't come back. That said, it wasn't a surgical scar—more of a surface-level one. I've picked up several surgical scars over time, and those have stayed pretty much the same. The spot on my leg from the dog bite is where his teeth met. It measured roughly the size of a nickel. These days there's only a red mark left, and the scar tissue has disappeared.
 
Chili777 said:

Hambocommando said:

Chili777 said:

Hambocommando said:

Chili777 said:

Hambocommando said:

Right now I’m using it in 2 different ways. The type of eczema I have is dyshidrotic, and an injection every 4 or 5 days seems to hold it back while also leaving my skin healthier. That schedule lines up with my Reta injections, and I take it partly to maybe/possibly reduce the chance of ISR from the glp, something I dealt with on Tirz before. It got severe enough that I stopped Tirz. Since I wasn’t getting much systemic anti-inflammation, daily injections felt like too much in my case.
It's good to hear a once-weekly schedule is effective for you. I wish that were the case for me. From what I've read, every protocol for allergen-induced atopic dermatitis or eczema calls for daily use across a 2-3 month cycle, then 30 days off. So far it appears to be helping me. Alongside a biologic and Clobetasol cream, I'm also using KPV.

There was one more thing I noticed: a roundish scar on the back of my right leg, left by a dog bite when I was 12. It sat raised above the skin, basically a lump. Yesterday it just fell off, 55 years later. Where it used to be, there's now a small divot that's healing. I can't think of anything else to attribute it to.
Yeah, absolutely — a bunch of my old knee surgery scars, even the big one from the knee replacement, are fading and becoming less obvious. Daily injections clearly give the best results for me, but I decided to pause since my back started itching like crazy and I couldn't tell whether KPV or Reta was to blame. There's no rash, hives, or redness — just an itch so intense I have to stop at every door frame and scratch like a bear. My guess is it's the sensitive skin side effect from Reta (anhedonia), so I may restart daily KPV. Oddly, the itching has eased as I've raised my Reta dose. It usually shows up once I get near 2mgs of concentration, so I inject twice a week to stop it falling under that level. In a strict experiment I wouldn't combine peptides, but avoiding eczema flare-ups and dry flaky skin feels way too good....
Oh crap. So now I have to work out whether that's the reason my back is itching these days. What the hell! I'm a bear as well. Exactly in the middle of the shoulder blades. Though it's only been a few weeks, and Reta has been in the picture for 5.5 months (10 mg), with KPV going for months. Still, I have to wonder. What I can say is that Clobetasol settles it down, and the itch shows up nowhere else. Strange stuff. Even so, continuing with both is worth it for me.
Yep — mine's in that exact place too, smack in the middle of the shoulder blades, the one spot I can't get to. Drives me nuts. For my eczema I've been on cetirizine (Zyrtec) daily for years now; nothing else has come close to touching it. Whenever the back itching kicks in, I throw hydroxyzine on top — officially it's for my anxiety, but it doubles as a type 1 antihistamine. Results are hit or miss. It does chill me out, though, ha. So my guess is it's either mast cells releasing histamine because of the Reta, or... I'm just not allowed to have nice things all at the same time. No clue which one it is.
That's impressive. I have trouble even getting to the spot, and the topical steroid cream works when I manage to apply it. My arms are fairly long. Zyrtec is also part of my routine. If it becomes too much, you might pick up the cream plus one of those backscratcher tools to put it on. I'll continue for another 2 weeks, then cycle off KPV, and that should tell me what I need to know.
I'm puzzled as to how this thread escaped my notice until now! Anyway, it seems there's a need for a group where those of us dealing with unexplained itching between the shoulder blades can compare notes. For me, it started in summer 2019—I noticed the sensation lingered far beyond what a typical mosquito bite would cause. It persisted relentlessly for weeks, and only in December did a dermatologist examine it. After a biopsy, she concluded it was simply eczema, yet I'd never experienced it before and couldn't locate any evidence pointing to adult-onset eczema of that kind. In the end, we chalked it up to menopause, as seems to happen with so many issues women face, and I figured it was dry skin tied to lowered estrogen. About 3.5 years ago I began HRT, and roughly 3 months in, the itching between my shoulder blades disappeared (do the math: that means I endured daily, unrelenting itching there for more than 4 years. It was awful.).

Even so, that history is exactly why I now take GHK-cu and KPV every day and have no intention of quitting. At this stage, anything that supports restoring skin and hair health that's been lost with aging is something I'm keeping in my wellness routine!
 
There's an itch on my back, though it isn't located directly between the shoulder blades. It sits on 1 side, slightly lower than a shoulder blade. My guess is notalgia paresthetica — essentially a nerve that's irritated or compressed, which then produces the itching.
 
Torque said:

There's an itch on my back, though it isn't located directly between the shoulder blades. It sits on 1 side, slightly lower than a shoulder blade. My guess is notalgia paresthetica — essentially a nerve that's irritated or compressed, which then produces the itching.
Weirdly, I was convinced it was the same thing too. The derm, though, checked it out and said it was eczema — based on the biopsy results and whatever she saw through that magnifier, I assume — so it didn't match up for me. Even so, I was certain it was NP.
 
ThatNextGril said:

Torque said:

There's an itch on my back, though it isn't located directly between the shoulder blades. It sits on 1 side, slightly lower than a shoulder blade. My guess is notalgia paresthetica — essentially a nerve that's irritated or compressed, which then produces the itching.
Weirdly, I was convinced it was the same thing too. The derm, though, checked it out and said it was eczema — based on the biopsy results and whatever she saw through that magnifier, I assume — so it didn't match up for me. Even so, I was certain it was NP.
Once I lowered my dose and switched to maintenance, it cleared up at last. What a relief.
 
Chili777 said:

CuttingEdgeScience said:

Chili777 said:

Hambocommando said:

Right now I’m using it in 2 different ways. The type of eczema I have is dyshidrotic, and an injection every 4 or 5 days seems to hold it back while also leaving my skin healthier. That schedule lines up with my Reta injections, and I take it partly to maybe/possibly reduce the chance of ISR from the glp, something I dealt with on Tirz before. It got severe enough that I stopped Tirz. Since I wasn’t getting much systemic anti-inflammation, daily injections felt like too much in my case.
It's good to hear a once-weekly schedule is effective for you. I wish that were the case for me. From what I've read, every protocol for allergen-induced atopic dermatitis or eczema calls for daily use across a 2-3 month cycle, then 30 days off. So far it appears to be helping me. Alongside a biologic and Clobetasol cream, I'm also using KPV.

There was one more thing I noticed: a roundish scar on the back of my right leg, left by a dog bite when I was 12. It sat raised above the skin, basically a lump. Yesterday it just fell off, 55 years later. Where it used to be, there's now a small divot that's healing. I can't think of anything else to attribute it to.
I'd like to hear more details about that older scar... I've been searching for a way to address scars in my own case. Never before have I seen such a compelling endorsement for any single peptide.
The mark hasn't come back. That said, it wasn't a surgical scar—more of a surface-level one. I've picked up several surgical scars over time, and those have stayed pretty much the same. The spot on my leg from the dog bite is where his teeth met. It measured roughly the size of a nickel. These days there's only a red mark left, and the scar tissue has disappeared.
Appreciate the perspective! I happen to have a couple of those too, so perhaps that could do some good. I'd come across several of KPV's other advantages, which had already gotten me curious.
 
Back
Top