randompersonrandom
Explorer
Hey everyone, just dropping a quick note to everyone who reached out to check on me recently: I'm still around. The past month or so has been a relentless pile-on of big life shifts that are healthy but deeply unpleasant, plus my closest friend's cancer situation went from "not a concern" to "this could take her quickly" to "who knows what happens now."
I switched jobs — leaving a team I love so much that more than half of them know the code to my house — to take my literal stated dream role, so I'm in the middle of a huge identity crisis. I stopped smoking in June and stopped vaping in August (I've never felt this depressed or hopeless in my entire life; for weeks my free time has been nothing but lying in the dark, phone games, and junk YouTube). Last Friday I had upper and lower blepharoplasty (the reason I quit smoking), and I'm looking almost good, but recovery is rough.
I just bought a new tongue drum (a pulsar chromatic), which is going to be SO COOL, because I'm learning to busk and have been practicing with the drum I already have.
Earlier tonight I deleted every game from my phone and unfollowed all the YouTube brainrot influencers, and I'm going to start exercising again so I actually feel ALIVE. Right now I can only do gentle things, but that's fine; I had a nice bike ride today, and I'll do another one tomorrow.
Thanks for checking in on me. I can ALMOST feel myself beginning to care about things again, and I'm really looking forward to feeling "normal" again soon. Horrible depression isn't something I usually deal with, but neither is quitting smoking after thirty years, and it is just VICIOUS!
(Also, the title is a song lyric — I definitely do not yet feel fantastic for real
)
I switched jobs — leaving a team I love so much that more than half of them know the code to my house — to take my literal stated dream role, so I'm in the middle of a huge identity crisis. I stopped smoking in June and stopped vaping in August (I've never felt this depressed or hopeless in my entire life; for weeks my free time has been nothing but lying in the dark, phone games, and junk YouTube). Last Friday I had upper and lower blepharoplasty (the reason I quit smoking), and I'm looking almost good, but recovery is rough.
I just bought a new tongue drum (a pulsar chromatic), which is going to be SO COOL, because I'm learning to busk and have been practicing with the drum I already have.
Earlier tonight I deleted every game from my phone and unfollowed all the YouTube brainrot influencers, and I'm going to start exercising again so I actually feel ALIVE. Right now I can only do gentle things, but that's fine; I had a nice bike ride today, and I'll do another one tomorrow.
Thanks for checking in on me. I can ALMOST feel myself beginning to care about things again, and I'm really looking forward to feeling "normal" again soon. Horrible depression isn't something I usually deal with, but neither is quitting smoking after thirty years, and it is just VICIOUS!
(Also, the title is a song lyric — I definitely do not yet feel fantastic for real