I think my doc is going to freakout

Going for labs tomorrow. I have decided to be open and tell him im on a compound glp. A coworker of mine told me his reaction should tell me what kind of doctor he is. 🙂
 
DS36 said:


Going for labs tomorrow. I have decided to be open and tell him im on a compound glp. A coworker of mine told me his reaction should tell me what kind of doctor he is. 🙂

Click to expand...
Do report back please
 
spanky2026 said:


Do report back please

Click to expand...
I will. This will be my first visit on since joining these forums and geriatric stuff from overseas.
 
DS36 said:


I think my doctor is going to be suspicious when my A1C comes back in the non-diabetic range. I have Type 2 diabetes and have been on retatrutide for a month now. I've also been eating low-carb, high-protein, lifting weights, and cycling. I test my blood sugar several times a day, and my readings are averaging between 90 and 95 mg/dL, especially the past few mornings in the 87 range. I was discussing with a coworker whether I should tell my doctor what I'm taking.

Click to expand...
hahahahah something similar happened to my dad, went for 180 mg/dl to a constant 120 in 6 months
 
DS36 said:


I think my doctor is going to be suspicious when my A1C comes back in the non-diabetic range. I have Type 2 diabetes and have been on retatrutide for a month now. I've also been eating low-carb, high-protein, lifting weights, and cycling. I test my blood sugar several times a day, and my readings are averaging between 90 and 95 mg/dL, especially the past few mornings in the 87 range. I was discussing with a coworker whether I should tell my doctor what I'm taking.

Click to expand...
I would definitely tell the doc. If they are a good doctor they will like it and support it. Power to the peptide help.
 
Just A Cat said:


I have spent the last week reading history. Did you know the common man's consensus 100 years ago was that is always easier to lose weight than it was to gain weight.

Of course, it is hard to avoid modern ultra processed foods and there is a serious time commitment to making all your meals.

Click to expand...

Enter the homemaker. The wife, the invisible labor that was financially tied to the home. Unable to open her own bank account much less rent or buy a home, she was the bedrock of keeping a home running. A bondage of sorts, and highly dependent on how loving or harsh the head of the household was.

I had a coworker who would be 80 or so now, who had to have her husband sign for her pay checks to be released from the company when she first started. Some of this stuff is barely a generation away.

If you want another historic worm hole: USDA food pyramid history and related reccs. It was started to avoid malnutrition. I would argue we’re still malnourished (under-nutrient-ed if you will) even if over-fed for calories.

So yes: 100 years ago most homes had a dedicated chef, maybe making bread (another interesting history, both bread yeast and wheat agriculture), but definitely far more from scratch.

Did any of your reading include cook books? May seem trifling on the surface but EVERY woman would have had a cook book and that is frequently where dieting information was for women.

Also random aside (as if this post weren’t random enough already) There is a three day all-oatmeal diet a German physician used with his diabetic patients around that timeframe.

I’m going to take my ADHD meds now ……
 
Foggy-Hollow said:


I’m going to take my ADHD meds now ……

Click to expand...

Wow. I feel sad. Please relax. I said we would be healthier if we cooked using old school ingredients, nothing about bringing back unpaid servants to society. PS: I love cookbooks.😍

But I get you 100%. I also can easily go off on the inequalities of health care toward women. The entire saga of PCOS is a tragedy. We literally have to rename it because nothing short of that would get some of the practitioners to update their methods/opinions. Also look at female HRT. It is a biological fact that at the very very least, the majority should be using vaginal estrogen after menapause to protect the pelvic floor. It is local, does not go systemic and has a dozen good effects and almost no negative. Women's HRT has been blocked multiple times since 2000 including one of the most flawed study/conclusions of all of medical history and the derailment of a possible hrt drug that was showing efficacy in the clinical trial when it was derailed.

Going back on topic... It is a shame that anyone (the reason does not matter why) can not have faith that their doctor is going to try to give good advice and improve that persons health. I literally had my PCP shame me about asking for lab work when I was ill and was told that it was wasteful for me to ask about a Vitamin D test. (1) the lab is cheap. (2) vit D deficiency is crazy high, fact check me on this and (3) I tested sub-clinical low on Vit D 30 days later with labs from a decent doctor.
 
Told my PCP I was on Reta during physical and he just ordered labs and asked me about family history related to Thyroid and Pancreatic cancer. No lectures or judgement. My file has a note that says "on GLP-1."
 
DS36 said:


I think my doctor is going to be suspicious when my A1C comes back in the non-diabetic range. I have Type 2 diabetes and have been on retatrutide for a month now. I've also been eating low-carb, high-protein, lifting weights, and cycling. I test my blood sugar several times a day, and my readings are averaging between 90 and 95 mg/dL, especially the past few mornings in the 87 range. I was discussing with a coworker whether I should tell my doctor what I'm taking.

Click to expand...
The dr will just take credit for the improvement 🙄 That's my experience.

I met with a new to the office nurse practitioner last week, who mentioned my previous labs saying they looked fine. I said they looked much better than they did a year or two ago, I've dropped triglerides, etc by hundreds of points, lost weight, etc. thanks to glp use. She then ignores that entirely and starts into a standard speech "make sure you're eating well, avoid fatty food, get enough exercise" etc etc etc for two minutes. I say "yeah....well I brought in my food diaries for years, I was eating great, working out regularly, and my weight and labs were terrible and the advice was always the same as what you just said. Then I started on glp and even before I'd lost 10 pounds, all my labs were drastically better and I lost 70 pounds with glp not with the "watch your diet and exercise more" thing." I was pretty annoyed. Especially since the NP was only a few years younger than me and didn't mention perimenopause as the real challenge of 40s health for women.

NP just snarkily said "well I lose 70 pounds by diet and exercise" as if her and i are in some kind of competition! Some dr treatments are right on, but primary care doctors are broken useless records when it comes to weight loss. 10% of the population is losing weight easily for the first time in their lives and these primary care doctors are still just saying all we need to do is "eat better, exercise more".
 
rokowho said:


NP just snarkily said "well I lose 70 pounds by diet and exercise" as if her and i are in some kind of competition! Some dr treatments are right on, but primary care doctors are broken useless records when it comes to weight loss. 10% of the population is losing weight easily for the first time in their lives and these primary care doctors are still just saying all we need to do is "eat better, exercise more"

Click to expand...
It is completely understandable that you left feeling dismissed, unheard, and deeply frustrated.

A response of "Well, I lost 70 pounds by diet and exercise" was highly unprofessional, unscientific, and defensive. A provider's personal biology has absolutely zero bearing on a patient's clinical care plan. Weaponizing personal experience to minimize a patient's documented clinical successes (dropping triglycerides by hundreds of points and losing 70 pounds) is a failure of basic clinical empathy 101.





a29b3f1279e6ba291dcff48f4244419a45601a25f8728920d43cd1612fce8683.gif
 
Just A Cat said:


It is completely understandable that you left feeling dismissed, unheard, and deeply frustrated.

A response of "Well, I lost 70 pounds by diet and exercise" was highly unprofessional, unscientific, and defensive. A provider's personal biology has absolutely zero bearing on a patient's clinical care plan. Weaponizing personal experience to minimize a patient's documented clinical successes (dropping triglycerides by hundreds of points and losing 70 pounds) is a failure of basic clinical empathy 101.

a29b3f1279e6ba291dcff48f4244419a45601a25f8728920d43cd1612fce8683.gif


Click to expand...
Just tell your physician that you are taking a glp prescribed by a medical clinic or telehealth doctor. I wouldn't tell them you are compounding anything yourself if you are ordering reta from a site online. (that's what i've been doing).
 
My doctor was great, he praised me for losing 91 pounds in 24 weeks, told him I have been using Reta and he knew more about it than I thought, always let them know, you might be supprised
 
Lets go Reta!

Just got my lipids panel back. Here is a pic of the comparison from my last labs. All I did was start Reta 7 weeks ago, switched to a low carb diet, and ride my bicycle often.

Here is what I learned about myself and this panel proves it, cholesterol trails with glucose. Unused carbs turn into fat which includes cholesterol.

More results rolling in. Doc is going to be shocked at the sudden turnaround at our face to face.
 
The clinic we go to in Florida changes doctors on the regular. I'd be happy to meet with the same doctor two years in a row. The last PCP I went to in spring had never heard of Reta. Prescribed Tirz without any guidance on diet, titration, or activity levels. He told me to join a tela-health. When I see them again for the yearly, I don't expect much of a comment on my success and they really had as little to do with it as anyone. To them, I'm just the next person in the line of 20 people they need to see per hour.
 
My PCP has his own pep side gig 😆

I plan to tell him everything I'm currently on.

  • MOTS-c
  • Reta
  • CJC-1295 w/Ipa
  • GHK-Cu

He's on wolverine blend himself from what I know. The reason is I actually trust my doctor. He diagnosed me with a skin condition several dermatologists had missed. I changed him around the pandemic because of an insurance change but went back and suddenly all the medical mysteries were solved.

I've been prescribed Sema by him (got his compounded stuff) and then the pharmacy stuff but I was non-reactive (and also out of pocket because it's not covered by insurance), so he shouldn't be too surprised.
 
DS36 said:


I'm on a few medications right now for thyroid, cholesterol, and blood pressure. My doctor was about to put me on metformin, but I declined it. I'm concerned about potential interactions between peptides and my current prescriptions, so I'm thinking I should let him know. If retatrutide works as well as I expect, I can probably come off most of them eventually. I was just curious what folls are doing with their doctors too as well.

Click to expand...
Fired my old endocrinologist because he flat-out refused to switch me from Ozempic to tirzepatide. Found a new doc, and this time I was upfront about everything I'd actually been taking. First visit, I handed him my last two sets of labs — A1C went from 6.2 down to 4.9, plus 40 lbs down. He was impressed enough to write me a script for 15mg Mounjaro on the spot, so no more sourcing grey market for that one. Bonus: he also does TRT out of his office.

Moral of the story — be honest with them and show up with results, and most docs will work with you.

That said, I've still got a serious stockpile of grey tirz and reta on hand (over a year's worth of each), so for now I'm just banking the prescription tirz and running down the grey supply first.
 
Back
Top