I found my mother's secret stash

Ruckus4519

Explorer
Joined
Jan 12, 2026
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Honestly, I'm in shock.

Last night I was going through the fridge, really digging into every corner and crevice, when I spotted this small, easy-to-miss tupperware container. It seemed to have paper inside or something, so I took a closer look.

AND GUESS WHAAAT

There it was, on the foil pouch it likely arrived in, a tiny vial with the words,

Tirzepatide, 10 mg

99% Purity

Research Purposes Only

Click to expand...
and a lotus design with a wellness vibe printed at the top.

Suddenly, it all clicked. Her new way of eating, the pounds she dropped, that box of insulin syringes I stumbled on a few weeks ago...

Turns out everyone in this house is a scientific researcher, huh 🤣

My mom:





b7ff2bd78b12ac6d76e000234cbcb728966ab680c01d118a69c7868e6cc9bd4a.webp


My reaction when I spotted it:

707e16d8305fe9fcc629a6f4f442fa6f63bdc8a3f20f7ed82331c80554745751.webp


89b3ce385f10735e1edb613ba757cb680041352872b751bb3d1f8ee0dcc53a7c.gif


P.S. Giphy ... is not great.

P.P.S. From what I can tell, she only uses sterile water. She appears fine. No idea how long this has been happening.

P.P.P.S. Before finding this, I had some worries about everything, but now...???

Image unavailable
 
Ruckus4519 said:

Honestly, I'm in shock.

Last night I was going through the fridge, really digging into every corner and crevice, when I spotted this small, easy-to-miss tupperware container. It seemed to have paper inside or something, so I took a closer look.

AND GUESS WHAAAT

There it was, on the foil pouch it likely arrived in, a tiny vial with the words,

Tirzepatide, 10 mg

99% Purity

Research Purposes Only

Click to expand...
and a lotus design with a wellness vibe printed at the top.

Suddenly, it all clicked. Her new way of eating, the pounds she dropped, that box of insulin syringes I stumbled on a few weeks ago...

Turns out everyone in this house is a scientific researcher, huh 🤣

My mom:





View attachment 10904

My reaction when I spotted it:

View attachment 10905

View attachment 10906

P.S. Giphy ... is not great.

P.P.S. From what I can tell, she only uses sterile water. She appears fine. No idea how long this has been happening.

P.P.P.S. Before finding this, I had some worries about everything, but now...???

Image unavailable
Your gifs really cracked me up🙂
 

Attachments

  • 89b3ce385f10735e1edb613ba757cb680041352872b751bb3d1f8ee0dcc53a7c.gif
    89b3ce385f10735e1edb613ba757cb680041352872b751bb3d1f8ee0dcc53a7c.gif
    297 KB · Views: 6
Ruckus4519 said:

Honestly, I'm in shock.

Last night I was going through the fridge, really digging into every corner and crevice, when I spotted this small, easy-to-miss tupperware container. It seemed to have paper inside or something, so I took a closer look.

AND GUESS WHAAAT

There it was, on the foil pouch it likely arrived in, a tiny vial with the words,

Tirzepatide, 10 mg

99% Purity

Research Purposes Only

Click to expand...
and a lotus design with a wellness vibe printed at the top.

Suddenly, it all clicked. Her new way of eating, the pounds she dropped, that box of insulin syringes I stumbled on a few weeks ago...

Turns out everyone in this house is a scientific researcher, huh 🤣

My mom:





View attachment 10904

My reaction when I spotted it:

View attachment 10905

View attachment 10906

P.S. Giphy ... is not great.

P.P.S. From what I can tell, she only uses sterile water. She appears fine. No idea how long this has been happening.

P.P.P.S. Before finding this, I had some worries about everything, but now...???

Image unavailable
Don't let her near this forum—otherwise she'll be juggling 8 things simultaneously while investigating 4 more! For clever humor that goes way beyond the usual, this takes the prize on the internet today....
 

Attachments

  • 89b3ce385f10735e1edb613ba757cb680041352872b751bb3d1f8ee0dcc53a7c.gif
    89b3ce385f10735e1edb613ba757cb680041352872b751bb3d1f8ee0dcc53a7c.gif
    297 KB · Views: 7
You're so fortunate to have such a cool mom!! What's her age?
 
So you won't let her know where to score tirz for 16 cents per milligram, plus bac at $95 per milliliter or whatever the current rate is? And you'll just act like you're not someone who pries into Tupperware instead?
 
Airborne Daddy said:

Ruckus4519 said:

Honestly, I'm in shock.

Last night I was going through the fridge, really digging into every corner and crevice, when I spotted this small, easy-to-miss tupperware container. It seemed to have paper inside or something, so I took a closer look.

AND GUESS WHAAAT

There it was, on the foil pouch it likely arrived in, a tiny vial with the words,

Tirzepatide, 10 mg

99% Purity

Research Purposes Only

Click to expand...
and a lotus design with a wellness vibe printed at the top.

Suddenly, it all clicked. Her new way of eating, the pounds she dropped, that box of insulin syringes I stumbled on a few weeks ago...

Turns out everyone in this house is a scientific researcher, huh 🤣

My mom:





View attachment 10904

My reaction when I spotted it:

View attachment 10905

View attachment 10906

P.S. Giphy ... is not great.

P.P.S. From what I can tell, she only uses sterile water. She appears fine. No idea how long this has been happening.

P.P.P.S. Before finding this, I had some worries about everything, but now...???

Image unavailable
Don't let her near this forum—otherwise she'll be juggling 8 things simultaneously while investigating 4 more! For clever humor that goes way beyond the usual, this takes the prize on the internet today....

Once she finally leaves Facebook, who knows how big the stash gets 😂

Youarewhen said:

Amusing situation, but on the bright side, you're now able to hook her up with some bac 🤣
Actually, I have two coming already!

indolent said:

So you won't let her know where to score tirz for 16 cents per milligram, plus bac at $95 per milliliter or whatever the current rate is? And you'll just act like you're not someone who pries into Tupperware instead?
You got me 🙈

Seriously though, neither of us seems ready to take that risk for the other one. I do want to raise it, yet it feels wrong while I have barely dipped a toe in myself. I have thought about acting like I never noticed, out of respect for what she decided to keep quiet, facade and all. Any guidance on this would be genuinely welcome. 😅
 
Ruckus4519 said:

Airborne Daddy said:

Ruckus4519 said:

Honestly, I'm in shock.

Last night I was going through the fridge, really digging into every corner and crevice, when I spotted this small, easy-to-miss tupperware container. It seemed to have paper inside or something, so I took a closer look.

AND GUESS WHAAAT

There it was, on the foil pouch it likely arrived in, a tiny vial with the words,

Tirzepatide, 10 mg

99% Purity

Research Purposes Only

Click to expand...
and a lotus design with a wellness vibe printed at the top.

Suddenly, it all clicked. Her new way of eating, the pounds she dropped, that box of insulin syringes I stumbled on a few weeks ago...

Turns out everyone in this house is a scientific researcher, huh 🤣

My mom:





View attachment 10904

My reaction when I spotted it:

View attachment 10905

View attachment 10906

P.S. Giphy ... is not great.

P.P.S. From what I can tell, she only uses sterile water. She appears fine. No idea how long this has been happening.

P.P.P.S. Before finding this, I had some worries about everything, but now...???

Image unavailable
Don't let her near this forum—otherwise she'll be juggling 8 things simultaneously while investigating 4 more! For clever humor that goes way beyond the usual, this takes the prize on the internet today....

Once she finally leaves Facebook, who knows how big the stash gets 😂

Youarewhen said:

Amusing situation, but on the bright side, you're now able to hook her up with some bac 🤣
Actually, I have two coming already!

indolent said:

So you won't let her know where to score tirz for 16 cents per milligram, plus bac at $95 per milliliter or whatever the current rate is? And you'll just act like you're not someone who pries into Tupperware instead?
You got me 🙈

Seriously though, neither of us seems ready to take that risk for the other one. I do want to raise it, yet it feels wrong while I have barely dipped a toe in myself. I have thought about acting like I never noticed, out of respect for what she decided to keep quiet, facade and all. Any guidance on this would be genuinely welcome. 😅

If it were me, I'd steer clear of bringing it up or mentioning that I came across it in her fridge. Keeping it to herself was her choice, and everyone deserves medical privacy—even when it comes to relatives. In my own family, this is a major problem. My dad can't keep a secret, so the moment you tell him about any ailment(s) you have, the entire family finds out. I'd also avoid sharing with any other relatives.

Unless you're worried about her health or wellbeing, it's probably better to wait until mom feels ready to tell you herself. One way to nudge that conversation forward might be to bring up your own peptide use with her more casually.
 
If she ever comes clean about using peptides...well, you've got Mother's Day, Christmas and Birthday gifts sorted. Show up at Christmas with a 10 kit of Tirz and you'll be a hero!
 
Speaking as the mom in this scenario, here's where I land. 😆 If she's confident you'd back her up and maybe even lend a hand, bringing it up seems fine to me. Honestly, she may feel a weight lift once somebody else is in the know. Let her know it stays just between you both, should that be her preference.

For a full year, my compounded supply lived at my workplace. Eventually, while my son was voicing some disapproval of GLPs, I came clean. Every one of them nearly toppled out of their seats. My loss wasn't dramatic, so the topic had never really crossed their minds.

These days they're all queued up to get peptides of their own! Had someone called me out, I figure I'd have simply admitted it and it would've been no big thing. Whether I even knew how to raise the subject myself, I can't really say.

What's your mom's age?
 
Oh boy. For people my age, the scandalous find used to be your mom’s toy. These days, it’s peptides. How times change. 😂
 
Grogu said:

Ruckus4519 said:

Airborne Daddy said:

Ruckus4519 said:

Honestly, I'm in shock.

Last night I was going through the fridge, really digging into every corner and crevice, when I spotted this small, easy-to-miss tupperware container. It seemed to have paper inside or something, so I took a closer look.

AND GUESS WHAAAT

There it was, on the foil pouch it likely arrived in, a tiny vial with the words,

Tirzepatide, 10 mg

99% Purity

Research Purposes Only

Click to expand...
and a lotus design with a wellness vibe printed at the top.

Suddenly, it all clicked. Her new way of eating, the pounds she dropped, that box of insulin syringes I stumbled on a few weeks ago...

Turns out everyone in this house is a scientific researcher, huh 🤣

My mom:





View attachment 10904

My reaction when I spotted it:

View attachment 10905

View attachment 10906

P.S. Giphy ... is not great.

P.P.S. From what I can tell, she only uses sterile water. She appears fine. No idea how long this has been happening.

P.P.P.S. Before finding this, I had some worries about everything, but now...???

Image unavailable
Don't let her near this forum—otherwise she'll be juggling 8 things simultaneously while investigating 4 more! For clever humor that goes way beyond the usual, this takes the prize on the internet today....

Once she finally leaves Facebook, who knows how big the stash gets 😂

Youarewhen said:

Amusing situation, but on the bright side, you're now able to hook her up with some bac 🤣
Actually, I have two coming already!

indolent said:

So you won't let her know where to score tirz for 16 cents per milligram, plus bac at $95 per milliliter or whatever the current rate is? And you'll just act like you're not someone who pries into Tupperware instead?
You got me 🙈

Seriously though, neither of us seems ready to take that risk for the other one. I do want to raise it, yet it feels wrong while I have barely dipped a toe in myself. I have thought about acting like I never noticed, out of respect for what she decided to keep quiet, facade and all. Any guidance on this would be genuinely welcome. 😅

If it were me, I'd steer clear of bringing it up or mentioning that I came across it in her fridge. Keeping it to herself was her choice, and everyone deserves medical privacy—even when it comes to relatives. In my own family, this is a major problem. My dad can't keep a secret, so the moment you tell him about any ailment(s) you have, the entire family finds out. I'd also avoid sharing with any other relatives.

Unless you're worried about her health or wellbeing, it's probably better to wait until mom feels ready to tell you herself. One way to nudge that conversation forward might be to bring up your own peptide use with her more casually.
That's my worry too. We use the same fridge, so there's a chance she spots my supply first and raises the subject herself. I keep going back and forth on whether to get ahead of it by saying I've started a medication, or to hold off roughly a month until it's had the right effect.

It genuinely stings to imagine what that one reseller charged her. $150-200 minimum. Could be more. With a T30 kit you get 30x as much for close to half the cost. My hang-up is mental: if the price is that low, will she ever believe they do anything?

mtomm said:

Speaking as the mom in this scenario, here's where I land. 😆 If she's confident you'd back her up and maybe even lend a hand, bringing it up seems fine to me. Honestly, she may feel a weight lift once somebody else is in the know. Let her know it stays just between you both, should that be her preference.

For a full year, my compounded supply lived at my workplace. Eventually, while my son was voicing some disapproval of GLPs, I came clean. Every one of them nearly toppled out of their seats. My loss wasn't dramatic, so the topic had never really crossed their minds.

These days they're all queued up to get peptides of their own! Had someone called me out, I figure I'd have simply admitted it and it would've been no big thing. Whether I even knew how to raise the subject myself, I can't really say.

What's your mom's age?
I appreciate you saying that. It leaves me a bit more optimistic about how this ends up. She's 60-something and tough as a horse. Most people don't believe her age when they hear it.
 
Back
Top