How to taper Tirz and introduce Reta?

Day3cat

Explorer
Joined
Jun 10, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
Cleveland, ohio
I've been dosing tirz at 7.5 and want to bring Reta into the mix. What's the right way to do it? For instance, drop tirz to 5.0 on the next injection and add 1.0 of Reta, then in week 2 go tirz 2.5 with Reta 2, and so on?
 
Because of how long these compounds stick around, roughly 4 injections are needed before a fresh dose levels out — so any adjustment is better spaced about a month apart rather than every week. Trying to work out a combined total is simply a path to extra side effects. Whether the true ratio lands near 2.5 to 1 or closer to 1:1 cannot be determined with any certainty.

To me, stepping down to 5 while introducing 1 and holding there for a month looks like a sensible opening move. After that you evaluate if it suffices; if not, layer in some Reta and repeat — doing so reveals something about the ratio to use for the following increase. Going gradually while staying informed strikes me as the best route to minimal upheaval, though you could always simply quit Tirz and switch directly to Reta, beginning at 2mg for the initial month and pushing as hard as the trials did, which would probably get you back to dose within 3 months.
 
Some vendors sell Reta/Tirz blends in one vial — I've seen that. What the exact ratio is, I couldn't tell you. Worth checking dose calculators for data on that blend.
 
Day3cat said:

I've been dosing tirz at 7.5 and want to bring Reta into the mix. What's the right way to do it? For instance, drop tirz to 5.0 on the next injection and add 1.0 of Reta, then in week 2 go tirz 2.5 with Reta 2, and so on?
BrightCandle makes a good point, and I'm on the same page.

The approach isn't terrible overall, but rather than moving up to different doses each and every week, you'd be better off holding at each new dosage for a few weeks. That gives the medication time to reach steady state, and it lets you judge whether the combination is actually doing anything for you.
 
What follows is my own story, which I shared before..... results can differ for you.

After 12 months, on 5/25, I reached my target while taking the highest dose of Tirz, 15mg. The next week I stepped Tirz down to 10mg, and then the week after that I switched straight over to Reta — I think I began at 1 or 1.5, moved up to 3mg, and remained there. Alongside Reta I stacked Cagri at .250mcg until 11/25. I stopped the Cagri because I had shed 15Lbs past my goal weight and had no desire to drop any further. Even with a bit of mild food noise, I have never felt the need to increase my Reta dose, simply because I get satisfied easily and I am still eating at a caloric deficit. Eating is not something I stress about. I lean toward adding some behavioral and lifestyle habits, since food noise does not bother me much given how easily I feel full during maintenance. My weight holds steady on 3mg taken 1x per week.
 
Warrior54 said:


Hi, I am new to the forum and I am based in the UK. I have been on mounjaro for a few months, but the cost per month here is out of hand as you move up through the dose ranges. I have been looking at Reta for just over a month now and I am now ready to take the next step

Click to expand...

Jrammi said:


I went from 15mg Tirz weekly to 10mg Tirz and 5mg Reta weekly. No issues. In a month or two, when my weight drops even further, my intent is to go down to 7.5mg Tirz and 5mg Reta.

Click to expand...
Does anyone have thoughts on how food noise changes when you lower the triz dose?
 
Mine was roughly the same approach. Given that the half life is around 7 days for both, I stopped outright and switched straight onto reta. So the changeover took about 4 weeks, purely from stopping dead.
 
I had been on 7.5mg of Tirz for 5 weeks when I made the call to change things up. Halfway through that week, I took my first 2mg dose of Reta. Then when my next Tirz injection came around, I dropped it by 2.5mg down to 5mg. Once 4 weeks have passed, my plan is to repeat that same step-down. By the time this is finished, Tirz will be out of the picture and I'll be at 6 mg of Reta. My next Tirz shot is tomorrow, and that's also my weigh-in day, so we'll find out how it's going! That said, I've been feeling excellent this whole week!
 
Back
Top