How many vials do you mix up in one go?

Daisy333

Explorer
Joined
Dec 29, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando
Just wondering — when you reconstitute, how many months' worth or how many vials do you usually prepare at once?

For instance, with T30 at 5mg/week, a single vial lasts 6 weeks. Would you reconstitute 2 vials every 12 weeks? Or do you do fewer or more?
 
I usually reconstitute only right before I need it, though I've been eyeing something along the lines of what @indolent does. My KLOW protocol runs 75 days and uses two GYC vials, which comes to 24 ml total for me because I mix it dilute to avoid bruising. That leaves me with the final 6ml, and I've been thinking about putting it toward tirz instead. If I do that, at 22 mg/ml I'd end up with 132 mg of tirz, roughly four 30 mg vials, which at an 8 mg dose would carry me through 16 weeks. The plan would be to freeze whatever vials aren't in use, and that way a single bottle of bac water stays in play for under 30 days from opening. The timing I have in mind: recon the first KLOW vial and the tirz together at the start, then recon the second KLOW vial 38 days later to finish off the remainder, since KLOW might break down quicker.

(indolent reconstitutes a whole kit of tirz at once and freezes it, but that feels like too much commitment for me. What if I end up dropping tirz and switching to reta for years?)
 
I only prepare a single vial, or I take a few smaller vials and merge them together. Back when I was on Tirz, I would take a 120mg vial, divide it between two pen carts, and put one in the freezer.
 
I usually prepare just 1 vial at a time, but if that amount would last under a month, then I'll prepare 2 and mix them together.
 
Daisy333 said:

Just wondering — when you reconstitute, how many months' worth or how many vials do you usually prepare at once?

For instance, with T30 at 5mg/week, a single vial lasts 6 weeks. Would you reconstitute 2 vials every 12 weeks? Or do you do fewer or more?
Because degradation speeds up significantly after mixing, I only do 1 vial at a time.
 
When it comes to GLP1s, I prepare a pen cartridge holding a 6-8 week supply. Based on the degradation information I've come across, my conclusion is that this is likely acceptable.
 
I only prepare them when I need them. If I did otherwise, I'd have to buy an extra fridge just for storage.
 
My wife and I are both taking 6mg of Reta at the moment. Depending on the vial size, I usually reconstitute 1 or 2. If it's up to 40mg, I do 2. For anything 50 or 60mg, I do 1, since a 50mg vial gives me 8 pins and a 60mg vial gives me 10 pins. I'll save the 50 and 60s for last in case we titrate up. Lately I've been mixing 5-6 days before I need it. Someone else said that letting it sit in the BAC a bit longer might help with some of the recent toxin issues we've been reading about. I have no idea if that actually works.
 
myopicmystic said:

Since I’m only using GLP1, I just do a single vial per batch
Once you've reconstituted, do the remaining lyophilised GLPs go in the fridge, or do you store them in a freezer?
 
Daisy333 said:

Just wondering — when you reconstitute, how many months' worth or how many vials do you usually prepare at once?

For instance, with T30 at 5mg/week, a single vial lasts 6 weeks. Would you reconstitute 2 vials every 12 weeks? Or do you do fewer or more?
The thing that bugs me most is wasting BAC water. My vials are 10 mL; I put 3 mL into Tirz, and the remainder goes into KLOW. As a result, KLOW ends up quite diluted, though that does ease the sting from injecting it.
 
MG9550 said:

Daisy333 said:

Just wondering — when you reconstitute, how many months' worth or how many vials do you usually prepare at once?

For instance, with T30 at 5mg/week, a single vial lasts 6 weeks. Would you reconstitute 2 vials every 12 weeks? Or do you do fewer or more?
The thing that bugs me most is wasting BAC water. My vials are 10 mL; I put 3 mL into Tirz, and the remainder goes into KLOW. As a result, KLOW ends up quite diluted, though that does ease the sting from injecting it.
In what way does your routine produce waste? To me it looks quite efficient. What am I failing to see or understand?
 
RENjutsu said:

myopicmystic said:

Since I’m only using GLP1, I just do a single vial per batch
Once you've reconstituted, do the remaining lyophilised GLPs go in the fridge, or do you store them in a freezer?
The remainder of the kit goes into the freezer, stored in an empty ice cube tray — our new fridge has an ice maker, so we don't use it for ice.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

MG9550 said:

Daisy333 said:

Just wondering — when you reconstitute, how many months' worth or how many vials do you usually prepare at once?

For instance, with T30 at 5mg/week, a single vial lasts 6 weeks. Would you reconstitute 2 vials every 12 weeks? Or do you do fewer or more?
The thing that bugs me most is wasting BAC water. My vials are 10 mL; I put 3 mL into Tirz, and the remainder goes into KLOW. As a result, KLOW ends up quite diluted, though that does ease the sting from injecting it.
In what way does your routine produce waste? To me it looks quite efficient. What am I failing to see or understand?
At the moment, my research involves just 2 peps. Using the usual 3 mL per peptide vial would mean roughly half of my bac water vial goes unused. I doubt the leftover 4 mL of bac water would still be usable by the time another reconstitution is needed.
 
MG9550 said:

HereKittyKitty said:

MG9550 said:

Daisy333 said:

Just wondering — when you reconstitute, how many months' worth or how many vials do you usually prepare at once?

For instance, with T30 at 5mg/week, a single vial lasts 6 weeks. Would you reconstitute 2 vials every 12 weeks? Or do you do fewer or more?
The thing that bugs me most is wasting BAC water. My vials are 10 mL; I put 3 mL into Tirz, and the remainder goes into KLOW. As a result, KLOW ends up quite diluted, though that does ease the sting from injecting it.
In what way does your routine produce waste? To me it looks quite efficient. What am I failing to see or understand?
At the moment, my research involves just 2 peps. Using the usual 3 mL per peptide vial would mean roughly half of my bac water vial goes unused. I doubt the leftover 4 mL of bac water would still be usable by the time another reconstitution is needed.
No coffee in me yet, it's still early...10ml bac water. Tirz gets 3ml. From what I read, KLOW needs at least 3ml to count as "heavily diluted". Should you recon every 28-30 days, using it may be fine provided your sterile practice is good, storage is proper, and the bac water shows no cloudiness or particles.

The safest route is to throw it out past 28-30 days. Others stretch theirs further. It comes down to how comfortable you are with your own sterile technique and how good the bac water is.

Tossing it or not, your good health will always be worth more than the tossed product.
 
Relying on vendor or Amazon bac water and leaving it reconstituted for multiple weeks is just inviting problems. Hospira has undergone testing out to 90 days without any degradation. When other bac waters were tested, they came up short on both sterility and alcohol content.

Tirz holds up well and can make it through freezing with only slight degradation, but there is no reason to gamble with your peps. Order kit sizes that make sense, and throw away whatever is left over - the cost is pennies!
 
Just 1 vial, mixed when it's time to use it. Since my wife and I are both on it, 1 vial gets used up fast enough that degradation isn't a concern. So it's a simple choice.
 
Back
Top