How long is too long

BNLFL said:

bamagirl26 said:

I'm not able to reveal where it's coming from, but it's like they knew exactly what I was thinking — my shipping notice just arrived. Only 3 days passed. Guess that makes me impatient.
You lack patience. Check the link I shared in the quote from FartfulCodger. I had 400 syringes in 31g .5 and 1ml. Clearly, I've gone through a lot.

HereKittyKitty said:

bamagirl26 said:

I'm not able to reveal where it's coming from, but it's like they knew exactly what I was thinking — my shipping notice just arrived. Only 3 days passed. Guess that makes me impatient.
Nobody requested the vendor's name. What I wanted to know was the location. A 3-day wait is nothing.

Don't join a GB. 😂
Truth, absolute truth. Typically 8-12 weeks. I'm waiting on 8 kits from a single source at 11 weeks and no shipment yet. The delay isn't the organizer—it's the supplier and Janoshik testing, they're severely backlogged. One of the suppliers is

View attachment 10242

and he was supplying a huge number of GB's.

FartfulCodger said:

bamagirl26 said:

FartfulCodger said:

Here's how to speed up any order: post a long rant in this space, then the moment you click POST it goes out. Fire off an angry message to the seller, and the second you press SEND the package shows up at your place.
No, burning bridges isn't something I want to do, but I really did want to know if canceling made sense, since my CC still hadn't been charged. I also thought maybe the mistake was mine—perhaps because I never created a customer account or anything like that. It wasn't a pep, just accessory items, but it's all good 🙂
Perhaps there's a specific brand you prefer, but just so you know, Save Rite Medical sells inexpensive syringes that do the job well in my case. I placed an order there, picked the least expensive USPS shipping method, and the package showed up 1 day later.
I purchase them here, excellent price and various sizes.

View attachment 10243


EasyTouch Insulin Syringes with Needle


Shop EasyTouch Insulin Syringes with Needle in all gauge sizes at Vitality Medical. Designed for precision, comfort, and reliability. Enjoy fast shipping and low prices.

View attachment 10244

www.vitalitymedical.com
Vitality Medical gets my vote too. My orders arrive within 4-5 days.
 

Attachments

  • e689aa45bdedf3aaf76ebe386536f5d5bd28aa1e021a539d660224d7b000a9b0.png
    e689aa45bdedf3aaf76ebe386536f5d5bd28aa1e021a539d660224d7b000a9b0.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 5
  • e8afc983c2b61b3c59db0f3d0d834976a5418290e9e44360ee0b3aebfc3096b4.png
    e8afc983c2b61b3c59db0f3d0d834976a5418290e9e44360ee0b3aebfc3096b4.png
    562 bytes · Views: 5
BNLFL said:

HereKittyKitty said:

Shittersfull said:

5byfive said:

Shittersfull said:

bamagirl26 said:

to hold out for syringes and such. thinking about calling it off, but I get that not every place runs like Amazon—still, seriously?! I could've simply grabbed needles from my reliable pal Jeff!

**Scratch that. The universe answered me. Order shipped. I had sent an email asking to add an item to the order and got no reply, so I started questioning if the site was legit. It was.. Yippeeee!
You really need to adjust what you're expecting. With a small business, it's common for nothing to go out for 7 days after you order, and it can take even more time. They aren't sitting there waiting for your order to arrive so they can immediately drop everything and ship it. On top of normal business operations, owners take trips, deal with urgent family matters, and handle all sorts of other things. A 7-day turnaround is actually a decent outcome. Plenty of the time, it's going to be a longer wait than that.
If a small operation makes a habit of taking 7 days before sending anything out, staying afloat probably isn't something they'll manage for much time. I'm not asking for Amazon-level speed, but absent a clearly stated timeline given beforehand, my assumption would be that items go out inside 2 business days (domestic; for international, a somewhat longer window makes sense). Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone besides Etsy who stretches it beyond that, and they always spell out the expected duration up front. A package arriving in 2 days is Amazon; a package leaving in 2 days is simply sound business practice.
It really comes down to what kind of operation you're dealing with. For me, quality of service matters more than speed. Plenty of owners are also holding down a 9-to-5. Back when I sold on ebay, Thursday was my only shipping day.

BNLFL said:

Shittersfull said:

5byfive said:

Shittersfull said:

bamagirl26 said:

to hold out for syringes and such. thinking about calling it off, but I get that not every place runs like Amazon—still, seriously?! I could've simply grabbed needles from my reliable pal Jeff!

**Scratch that. The universe answered me. Order shipped. I had sent an email asking to add an item to the order and got no reply, so I started questioning if the site was legit. It was.. Yippeeee!
You really need to adjust what you're expecting. With a small business, it's common for nothing to go out for 7 days after you order, and it can take even more time. They aren't sitting there waiting for your order to arrive so they can immediately drop everything and ship it. On top of normal business operations, owners take trips, deal with urgent family matters, and handle all sorts of other things. A 7-day turnaround is actually a decent outcome. Plenty of the time, it's going to be a longer wait than that.
If a small operation makes a habit of taking 7 days before sending anything out, staying afloat probably isn't something they'll manage for much time. I'm not asking for Amazon-level speed, but absent a clearly stated timeline given beforehand, my assumption would be that items go out inside 2 business days (domestic; for international, a somewhat longer window makes sense). Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone besides Etsy who stretches it beyond that, and they always spell out the expected duration up front. A package arriving in 2 days is Amazon; a package leaving in 2 days is simply sound business practice.
It really comes down to the company. Good service matters more to me than quick service. Plenty of owners are also working full time jobs. Back when I had an ebay business, Thursday was the only day I shipped.
My take is that it's acceptable provided you give them a heads-up beforehand, or make it clear at the time they place the order.
That info was plastered across the top of my listing in huge bold text. Same thing in the middle, and again at the bottom, all in huge bold text. Repeat buyers made up 75% of my sales, and among the remaining 25%, most sent emails asking for tracking long before my shipping day arrived. When I pointed them back to my policy, a lot of them got annoyed. I still don't know how I could have made it any clearer. Running a small business, spending time each week answering a few dozen emails about when I ship ate up a ton of hours. Between ebay and the government, they pulled in far more from my effort than I ever saw. It stopped being worth the trouble.
Nobody bothers to go through the info. You weren't to blame. I went through something similar when I sold wholesale through eBay, sending out pallets. Truckloads brought in most of our money, and for a lot of buyers that meant several TL in a single order. My team burned way too many hours fielding pointless inquiries that the listings had already covered.

These days, I'd team up with AI to fire off canned responses to those irritating questions that were already answered.
Big truths. It's absurd. Over on a different forum where I hang out, in the marketplace area, they pull the exact same stunt. Straight to the final page they go, firing off questions about stuff that got covered 3-4 pages back. Truth is, this happens all over the place, and honestly it might just come down to an inability to read. Given a few of the geniuses wandering around out there, that theory holds up.
I was at Subway the other day.

"What's the soup today?" asked the guy ahead of me.

The girl went over to him and flipped over the sign hanging 12" right in front of his face.

She turned it toward herself.

"Chicken noodle".

There's your sign.
 
Back
Top