Hospira arrived without a QR code on the cap — is it legit?

Kitty Paws

Explorer
Joined
Jun 4, 2026
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Every Hospira vial I've gotten before this one had a little QR code printed on the cap. This one doesn't. Is it still safe to use, or should I be worried?
 
Which source did you get it from?

Is a LOT number printed on it?

Is there an expiration date on it?

On the bottle to the left, I can make out the NDC number. Does the bottle on the right also show an NDC number?

If any of those are missing, I would throw it away. When possible, request your money back and explain the concern you have about how the two bottles differ
 
OzzyFit said:

Which source did you get it from?

Is a LOT number printed on it?

Is there an expiration date on it?

On the bottle to the left, I can make out the NDC number. Does the bottle on the right also show an NDC number?

If any of those are missing, I would throw it away. When possible, request your money back and explain the concern you have about how the two bottles differ
The vial on the right is the one that arrived. Expiration, LOT, and NDC are all present on it — the only thing missing is that QR thing on the cap. This is my first hospira purchase that didn't have the QR code on the cap, which struck me as strange. Aside from that, everything else lines up.
 
Apologies in advance if this turns out to be genuine. It's just that in this market, anything inconsistent makes me deeply suspicious.
 
Kitty Paws said:

Every Hospira vial I've gotten before this one had a little QR code printed on the cap. This one doesn't. Is it still safe to use, or should I be worried?

/community-link/thread/23960/
 
Guide to spot fake Hospira

Contained in this pdf are several distinguishing traits of genuine Hospira, which are useful for identifying counterfeits. Using this guide, I discovered two fakes among my own supply. I'm holding onto them purely so I have something to compare against later.
 
Looks like I'm back in panic mode 101.

cb080f6fab03718017bfb83143ad851409103c1d8e3bc75e0bbb74b746daf4c8.gif
 
Back
Top