s232412333
Explorer
I got one of these through a clinic I'm involved with, and then saw them online too — they offer 3ml versions. Curious whether anyone here has tried them with 3ml bottles and luer pins?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
FlowerFairy said:
For Hospira, I have worked with vial spikes that have luer connectors which stay shut when no syringe is connected (similar to an IV port). With 3 ml vials, though, I have never tried one that uses an open luer connection. The cost per vial strikes me as quite high, and there is also a contamination concern. Before anything else, I would want to review the studies.
You can also get curel alcohol caps. Several online sellers carry them.s232412333 said:
FlowerFairy said:
For Hospira, I have worked with vial spikes that have luer connectors which stay shut when no syringe is connected (similar to an IV port). With 3 ml vials, though, I have never tried one that uses an open luer connection. The cost per vial strikes me as quite high, and there is also a contamination concern. Before anything else, I would want to review the studies.
The one I got from the clinics, which works with 10 ml vials, contains a plunger inside. That means you need to press the luer down hard to depress the plunger before you can pull. Still, I'm glad you mentioned it, since the photos do give the impression that it isn't sealed. I already have rubber caps for my vials, so I suppose you could draw with it, take it out, and then put the cap on.
I put GHK-Cu through reconstitution and filtration into a 3ml vial. Since I pin every day, a vial spike would have been a handy thing to have.FlowerFairy said:
For Hospira, I have worked with vial spikes that have luer connectors which stay shut when no syringe is connected (similar to an IV port). With 3 ml vials, though, I have never tried one that uses an open luer connection. The cost per vial strikes me as quite high, and there is also a contamination concern. Before anything else, I would want to review the studies.
The insulin syringe is not what this is meant to take the place of. What you have here is a vial spike: it keeps the self-healing stopper from being punctured over and over, which guards against coring and makes contamination less likely.GTS97 said:
What purpose could that possibly serve?? Insulin syringes cost next to nothing and are simple to use.
No. Check the top opening's tip — threading is present so a luer lock syringe can be screwed on.HereKittyKitty said:
The insulin syringe is not what this is meant to take the place of. What you have here is a vial spike: it keeps the self-healing stopper from being punctured over and over, which guards against coring and makes contamination less likely.GTS97 said:
What purpose could that possibly serve?? Insulin syringes cost next to nothing and are simple to use.