Has Anyone Switched from Reta to Tirz?

That tracks, I'm aiming to drop 15% starting from 240, and I'm already down 10% while on 1mg. Over 72 weeks, the typical loss on 1mg came out to 9%, so I'm basically right on target — possibly slightly ahead of average, or at least moving a bit faster. There's a decent possibility you'll have to raise it to 2mg before reaching 205, but at those weights with that body fat percentage (abs almost visible) there's no rush and no genuine health justification for it, it's more about appearance than anything
 
AngieHolmes said:

That's a scary leap. Good to hear tirz is doing such a great job for you.
Going from a resting rate of about 50 to roughly 100, and having it stay there, is a massive change. After all, on 12mg the typical rise was under 10bpm. I'd be a little interested in seeing an ECG from that situation, just to confirm it's still sinus rhythm — though that's on the slow side for most arrhythmias — but it's a very strong argument against remaining on reta if it disrupts your autonomic nervous system to anywhere near that extent.
 
Troposphere said:

Be glad you can drop weight like that on 1mg/wk. Most people can't. But keep in mind that needing a bigger dose doesn't make someone lesser.

For me, 30-35lbs was all I had to lose, and it took 4mg/wk to get there.

This isn't a contest about who can shed the most pounds on the smallest dose. Save that kind of thinking for the normie no peptides crowd that calls weight loss "discipline".
I suppose it makes sense that people would turn even something as minor as GLP1 dose into a contest 🤣

If higher doses of reta had been tolerable for me, I'm sure the weight would have come off quicker. But we're all stuck working with the bodies we've got. Plus the budget. Plus the GI systems. Plus the skin sensitivity.

And to think, 2 years ago we had no idea we'd end up competing over these silly variables!
 
Tubby shared several charts showing how weight loss spreads out across the different reta doses — for any given dose the results fan out widely, for instance anywhere from 0-20% on 1mg of reta, with everything in between. That lines up completely with what I've observed: how each person responds, both in terms of effects and side effects, varies a great deal from one individual to the next. Unless you fall into the group that barely loses any weight, or the group that hits side effects at doses below the level needed to suppress hunger, the specific dose isn't all that important. Everyone ends up having to experiment to find the dose that suits them best, using average or study results as a rough guide. These differences in response are almost certainly explained by tiny physiological variations between individuals, or slight differences in receptor sequences, and they're far outside anyone's control. So taking pride in responding well to lower doses doesn't really hold up, since it comes down to minor dna sequence differences rather than anything you actually do.
 
Back
Top