undecided said:
woundcarping said:
undecided said:
ladyj779 said:
I find it really strange that folks get so anxious about using a medication or supplement that clearly improves their health, when we already take countless meds and supplements—many of which do nothing at all or can even cause harm.
For me, it's no different from a multivitamin, except that the effect on my health is obvious. It also costs less than some other supplements I take for no practical benefit


That's a fair observation! In my case, I use supplements—Vitamin C, for instance—since the body requires it daily. My reason for using Reta is solely to reach a specific target, and after I get there, my plan is to stop. That said, if you could give me a reason to continue, I might reconsider. To be clear about where I'm coming from: I'm here to learn, not to dispute or debate.
Suppose you make a change (GLP1) in order to reach a goal that doesn't end (losing weight), and then you remove that change (GLP1) — what becomes of that ongoing goal?
For the vast majority of people, weight loss isn't a finish line. Getting to 15% weight loss through diet and exercise alone is rare, and holding onto it is rarer still. Peptides seem to make that 15% relatively easy, and they appear to keep it off for as long as you stay on them — but not if you stop. Stop, and the weight comes back; and when you start peptides again later, they probably won't work as well, so the same amount of effort will get you less.
Sustaining effort over the long haul is difficult.
Sure, sustaining that kind of effort indefinitely is tough. Still, some form of dedication is unavoidable. You either stay on Reta permanently, or you stay dedicated to diet and exercise permanently (or possibly both). As you pointed out, halting either path brings its own outcomes. My reason for starting Reta wasn't hitting a specific number on the scale. The scale reading doesn't matter to me; what matters is reaching a certain degree of fat loss and being satisfied with my reflection. I'm finally nearing that point, and I've booked a DEXA scan to establish a baseline, so I can see my body composition at a moment when I feel I look good. (To clarify: I'm speaking strictly in terms of body fat. I believe I need to add FAR more muscle before I might look good to other people). After that DEXA, and once I can see the rest of my abs (nearly there), my plan was to taper off Reta, ramp up resistance training, and maybe look into TRT or HGH for a stretch to get a head start. Following 6mo or perhaps a year, provided my efforts stay consistent, I anticipate being further along in building muscle, and hopefully closer to the body I actually want, which would become the new goal. At that stage, I'll have a year's worth of labs without Reta, and I'll do the DEXA scan again. If it turns out I need to resume Reta, whether for fat loss or simply to keep the excellent lab results I appear to have while on it, then I suppose that's what I'll do.