Sapphire0814
Explorer
Hey, is there anyone who currently uses or has previously used Vitamin D injections? If that applies to you, what dosing method did you follow, and did you notice any side affects?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Have your bloodwork done, then just use a supplement—what's the point of overcomplicating something that's easy? Also, excessive vitamin D may trigger rather unpleasant side effects.Sapphire0814 said:
Hey, is there anyone who currently uses or has previously used Vitamin D injections? If that applies to you, what dosing method did you follow, and did you notice any side affects?
yep — death.Bluecost10 said:
Have your bloodwork done, then just use a supplement—what's the point of overcomplicating something that's easy? Also, excessive vitamin D may trigger rather unpleasant side effects.Sapphire0814 said:
Hey, is there anyone who currently uses or has previously used Vitamin D injections? If that applies to you, what dosing method did you follow, and did you notice any side affects?
Getting to the point of death requires a much larger amount and is much less common — well before reaching that stage, you would encounter many other issues first: nausea, vomiting, appetite loss, constipation, extreme thirst, frequent urination, weakness, fatigue, confusion, pain in muscles and bones, and kidney damage.eidos said:
yep — death.Bluecost10 said:
Have your bloodwork done, then just use a supplement—what's the point of overcomplicating something that's easy? Also, excessive vitamin D may trigger rather unpleasant side effects.Sapphire0814 said:
Hey, is there anyone who currently uses or has previously used Vitamin D injections? If that applies to you, what dosing method did you follow, and did you notice any side affects?
No specifics were given by her regarding the amount she planned to inject.Bluecost10 said:
Getting to the point of death requires a much larger amount and is much less common — well before reaching that stage, you would encounter many other issues first: nausea, vomiting, appetite loss, constipation, extreme thirst, frequent urination, weakness, fatigue, confusion, pain in muscles and bones, and kidney damage.eidos said:
yep — death.Bluecost10 said:
Have your bloodwork done, then just use a supplement—what's the point of overcomplicating something that's easy? Also, excessive vitamin D may trigger rather unpleasant side effects.Sapphire0814 said:
Hey, is there anyone who currently uses or has previously used Vitamin D injections? If that applies to you, what dosing method did you follow, and did you notice any side affects?
Get your levels tested first, then head to the US vendor CVS and pick up your pills from them.Sapphire0814 said:
Hey, is there anyone who currently uses or has previously used Vitamin D injections? If that applies to you, what dosing method did you follow, and did you notice any side affects?
If someone is deficient, I'd expect OP's doctor to write a prescription for a high-dose Vitamin D without hesitation. Back when I had a deficiency, my regimen was 1 pill each week.Habibibi said:
Get your levels tested first, then head to the US vendor CVS and pick up your pills from them.Sapphire0814 said:
Hey, is there anyone who currently uses or has previously used Vitamin D injections? If that applies to you, what dosing method did you follow, and did you notice any side affects?
My levels are low because my body has trouble absorbing it.highlowwegot said:
Dose is unclear to me. Still, testing your level first is something you ought to do before starting. Also, out of curiosity, what makes injection preferable to a pill for Vitamin D?
Great, thanks for the sarcasm. No need to worry about why I need it — that wasn’t what I asked.Habibibi said:
Get your levels tested first, then head to the US vendor CVS and pick up your pills from them.Sapphire0814 said:
Hey, is there anyone who currently uses or has previously used Vitamin D injections? If that applies to you, what dosing method did you follow, and did you notice any side affects?
My doctor gave me a prescription for a vitamin D injection, but the dose makes me uneasy. I've come across a lot of conflicting information, which is why I posted the question. On top of that, I'm on vitamin B12 as well, also prescribed by my doctor, and I inject it 1 time per month.Sapphire0814 said:
Hey, is there anyone who currently uses or has previously used Vitamin D injections? If that applies to you, what dosing method did you follow, and did you notice any side affects?
Nope — after my gastric bypass in 2007, my body just doesn't take in vitamins properly, and that includes some over-the-counter ones. I managed to stay slim for years, but then my sister died. I had a serious mental breakdown, and my doctor prescribed Paxil; I ended up putting back on nearly all the weight. Even so, my vitamin situation stayed the same. I'm currently on Tirzepitide, though that isn't what I'm asking about. What I'd like to learn is more about Vitamin D injections.indolent said:
Are you getting as much sun exposure as you can outside of peak hours? Our bodies make vitamin D from UVB light on their own — it doesn't come from eating food, and certainly not from taking supplements.
Your answer doesn’t make sense to me. Vitamin D isn’t something the body is meant to absorb...the body is meant to produce it. That process isn’t changed by gastric bypass. What does change it is spending too much time inside. If your doctor hasn’t already gone over this with you, look it up online (using trustworthy medical sources).Sapphire0814 said:
Nope — after my gastric bypass in 2007, my body just doesn't take in vitamins properly, and that includes some over-the-counter ones. I managed to stay slim for years, but then my sister died. I had a serious mental breakdown, and my doctor prescribed Paxil; I ended up putting back on nearly all the weight. Even so, my vitamin situation stayed the same. I'm currently on Tirzepitide, though that isn't what I'm asking about. What I'd like to learn is more about Vitamin D injections.indolent said:
Are you getting as much sun exposure as you can outside of peak hours? Our bodies make vitamin D from UVB light on their own — it doesn't come from eating food, and certainly not from taking supplements.
When a physician prescribes injections, there's likely a solid rationale behind it, and having undergone gastric bypass means you're more prone to deficiencies.Sapphire0814 said:
Nope — after my gastric bypass in 2007, my body just doesn't take in vitamins properly, and that includes some over-the-counter ones. I managed to stay slim for years, but then my sister died. I had a serious mental breakdown, and my doctor prescribed Paxil; I ended up putting back on nearly all the weight. Even so, my vitamin situation stayed the same. I'm currently on Tirzepitide, though that isn't what I'm asking about. What I'd like to learn is more about Vitamin D injections.indolent said:
Are you getting as much sun exposure as you can outside of peak hours? Our bodies make vitamin D from UVB light on their own — it doesn't come from eating food, and certainly not from taking supplements.