Has anyone here moved from using syringes to a pen?

Gansulin pens work really well for me — I currently use 5 of them. Every day I take KLOW, Mots, and Tesa. I even handle weekly doses with pens as well. When I'm hurrying in the morning, it's so simple to just attach a fresh tip and twist a dial. In my opinion, the small amount of extra time spent setting up is absolutely worth it.
 
GrandmaJ said:

spanky2026 said:

spanky2026 said:

A (maybe dumb) pen question aimed at the experts: in a video I watched, a guy inserted an empty cartridge into his pen so he could pre-purge it, with a vent needle attached, and used the pen to push the stopper up. Once it's at that point, is it possible to fill the cartridge while still in the pen? I've simply never come across anyone doing it that way, but I wondered why not?
Disregard that! Turns out the answer is out there: filling can happen with it attached to the pen, though you'll need to briefly twist the pen apart to reset the spring once you've used the pen for pre-purging. Picking up something new every day.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/BzCNlTGzVGg?is=f7EUE7lLVJsLvnHA

I might be missing something, but doesn't that approach let air reach the sterile cartridge? When the stopper gets pushed upward, doesn't the vial's bottom end up open to the air before you go ahead and fill it? Or have I got it wrong?
That's a fair thing to ask, and truthfully I can't say whether it would turn out to be a problem or not.
 
scottboyington2 said:

Justatechdude said:

Daily use: pens.

Weekly use: syringe.

I’ve also moved my TRT over to a pen for daily micro dosing. I load the cartridge with a week’s worth, then toss it and start a fresh onez
Which pen do you use to inject that thick, tasty nectar?!
I use inexpensive Alibaba V3 pens, around $6 apiece.

With 29g 1/2 inch needles. My daily dose is just 9units. I should mention that after injecting, roughly 0.5u gets lost to drips. Still, no big deal.
 
pepsrjstsmllproteins said:

Justatechdude said:

Daily use: pens.

Weekly use: syringe.

I’ve also moved my TRT over to a pen for daily micro dosing. I load the cartridge with a week’s worth, then toss it and start a fresh onez
This is something I'd genuinely like to learn more about. Which needle gauge do you go with, and what does the entire process involve?

Are you filling the pen cartridges on your own? If that's the case, do you have any firsthand knowledge about the empty pen cartridges sold by AE — specifically regarding how sterile and high-quality they are?

One more thing: have you run into any problems where the rubber stopper degrades or dissolves?
I've come across mentions of rubber degradation. Since I go through a vial in just 7 days, I haven't actually laid eyes on any, though that doesn't rule out that some degree of it might be happening 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I load the vials the same way you'd do it for a peptide vial.

Vials can be found all over, but Munan is usually seen as the safe bet. STG keeps a spreadsheet listing supply vendors they vouch for.
 
Back
Top