PeptideGeeeeek
Explorer
If you've tried both methods, which one do you like better — the pen? Does it genuinely make things easier?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
miss-sanne said:
Syringes are something I really can't stand. After drawing the peps, the needle tends to get somewhat blunt, which means more force is needed to get through my skin at 50 years old, lol. A pen, on the other hand, is simply effortless to put together and to use.
I'm backing this up even more. @TazaTazaTazaTaza said:
Needles cost less and have nothing fancy, yet doing shots every day eats up time. On top of that, with a needle you can be certain of the amount you're injecting, so they're "precise" in my view.
A pen wins out for less painful jabs, cutting down daily effort, and being easy to bring along when you travel.
In my experience, getting the hang of a pen takes a lot: dialing in the dose, keeping cartridges clean, tips getting clogged, how long a pen lasts and whether it can be trusted, leaks, and so on. For everyday shots I'm happy with my pens, but when it's once a week or intramuscular, I still reach for needles. That way I get the good parts of both.
Seven-Toez said:
I worry that a pen would break on me and dump the entire vial in one go.![]()
I was under the impression that skin gets thinner with age?miss-sanne said:
Syringes are something I really can't stand. After drawing the peps, the needle tends to get somewhat blunt, which means more force is needed to get through my skin at 50 years old, lol. A pen, on the other hand, is simply effortless to put together and to use.