Has anyone here moved from using syringes to a pen?

Syringes are something I really can't stand. After drawing the peps, the needle tends to get somewhat blunt, which means more force is needed to get through my skin at 50 years old, lol. A pen, on the other hand, is simply effortless to put together and to use.
 
Needles cost less and have nothing fancy, yet doing shots every day eats up time. On top of that, with a needle you can be certain of the amount you're injecting, so they're "precise" in my view.

A pen wins out for less painful jabs, cutting down daily effort, and being easy to bring along when you travel.

In my experience, getting the hang of a pen takes a lot: dialing in the dose, keeping cartridges clean, tips getting clogged, how long a pen lasts and whether it can be trusted, leaks, and so on. For everyday shots I'm happy with my pens, but when it's once a week or intramuscular, I still reach for needles. That way I get the good parts of both.
 
I went ahead and placed an order for a V3. Since I intend to begin filtering, it only makes sense to do so while pulling from the vial anyway!

miss-sanne said:

Syringes are something I really can't stand. After drawing the peps, the needle tends to get somewhat blunt, which means more force is needed to get through my skin at 50 years old, lol. A pen, on the other hand, is simply effortless to put together and to use.

That hadn't crossed my mind, though it's logical. For Glow I picked up 31g syringes after hearing a thinner needle could be beneficial. However, because I'm putting in additional BAC, I've realized the second vial makes it less sharp!
 
Yes, pens are great in my opinion! They come with sharper needles. There's less waste.

I've still got roughly 150 syringes left to go through 😅 after that, anything I pin will go into a Convipen/Gansulin/Novopen/Gensupen.
 
I alternate between the two.

For CJC1295/Ipamorelin, Reta and KPV, I reach for pens.

When it comes to KLOW or GLOW (I keep going back and forth), I stick with syringes, and I use 12.7mm needles because the extra length seems to tone down the spicy copper pins.

With the pens, I'm running Munan carts and 4mm needle tips.

My lineup includes a Novopen4, ConviPen, Gensupen2 and V1's (the V1s are there as backup).

Needles freak me out, yet oddly enough I don't have a problem injecting myself. Probably because the pen needles are 32g and the syringes are 31g - so thin that there's zero pain. Pens get my vote, though I have to admit those spicy pins feel a bit satisfying, no clue why, just a strange sensation.
 
I’m on team pen. It’s easier: you filter right into the sterile cartridge rather than requiring sterile vials as a filtering destination. A sterile pen tip screws on, then you dial the dose—no drawing a syringe every time. And it’s less hassle when traveling.
 
TazaTaza said:

Needles cost less and have nothing fancy, yet doing shots every day eats up time. On top of that, with a needle you can be certain of the amount you're injecting, so they're "precise" in my view.

A pen wins out for less painful jabs, cutting down daily effort, and being easy to bring along when you travel.

In my experience, getting the hang of a pen takes a lot: dialing in the dose, keeping cartridges clean, tips getting clogged, how long a pen lasts and whether it can be trusted, leaks, and so on. For everyday shots I'm happy with my pens, but when it's once a week or intramuscular, I still reach for needles. That way I get the good parts of both.
I'm backing this up even more. @TazaTaza

Taza's approach works for me too: pens for daily injections, syringes for weekly ones.
 
I initially went for the pricier auto-injector options when I decided to get a pen, and I picked up 3 different ones to test. Every single one jams partway through the shot...I can't tell whether it's the plunger getting sticky, the thin needles I'm using, or maybe how thick the solution is, but they all halt mid-dose.

These days I stick with basic (V2?) pens, or the 2$ throwaways. When I supply the force myself, no jamming happens!

...plus I really like how sharp the needles are, since I've never come across a rubber stopper.
 
I can't stand Syringes, and the only time I reach for one is to reconstitute the Peps. One single Syringe use was all it took before I jumped straight over to the Pens. Right now my Fridge holds 4 Pens: 2 are mine and 2 belong to my wife, covering Tirz, Reta, plus 2 Pens loaded with GHK-CU.

Using the Pen is something we both really like — it's effortless and doesn't hurt, thanks to those short, thin needles at 32G 4mm & 31G 5mm.
 
Roughly once every 6 weeks, I grab a syringe to pull out whatever partial dose is left in cartridges that are already spent. (Yes, I'm a cheapskate.) Each time I jab that leftover amount, the thought hits me: "Sure am happy this isn't my routine anymore."
 
miss-sanne said:

Syringes are something I really can't stand. After drawing the peps, the needle tends to get somewhat blunt, which means more force is needed to get through my skin at 50 years old, lol. A pen, on the other hand, is simply effortless to put together and to use.
I was under the impression that skin gets thinner with age?
 
For everyday use, pens are fine. But when it comes to reta, I don't have enough faith in their precision, so I stick with a syringe for that.
 
I'm the Syringe Girl. Preparing the pens is something I have to do for my daughter, but doing it for myself is way too much of a hassle. The Easy Touch Syringes are simply too inexpensive and convenient.
 
Back
Top